AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Beef heart replacement.

Default Beef heart replacement.

Link of Mad Cow disease between Alberta and Wash. DC. may cause a shortage of beefheart. What is the alternative to replace Beefheart. European has been switching to fish or other products. What do you use? and it's recipe please. Thanks.

Registered Member

Default Re:Beef heart replacement.

Jimmy,

There have been a few posts recently about variations to BH.
    I have heard everything from Turkey hearts to Turkey breast to Prawns and white fish. I think you can use any high protien low fat meat and be ok.

Paul

low fat turkey+cod fillets+prawns

Registered Member

I've tried a combination of 1/2 cod & 1/2 shrimp with some vitamins added. Even finely chopped through a food processor it holds together VERY well. I think it would be a good diet for my discus BUT, it floats I've tried making it a few different ways with no luck. My discus never see it floating at the surface

GARY

I've tried all combinations. None can compared to 100% BH which sinks to bottom and my fish take them until they resembling a gold fish and will never stop eating as long as I have time to put them in. Is there any hobbyist/pofessionals has a proven fish recipe to share that their fish has no problem taking it. I use a central system which requires sinking food to the bottom before the current carry them into the drain. Hobbyist and professionals in Europe has been using replacement for the last few years due to mad cow disease. They must have good recipe to share. If I miss any posts related to this topic. please link me to it. I've not yet found a satisfy replacement. Thanks.
    Jimmy.