ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacked again... sorry for the down time all!

Default Hacked again... sorry for the down time all!

Well for those that were skeptical the last time we posted that we were hacked and the hacker had gained access of our moderator section... WE were hacked again. This time it was not a simple case of sending out sensitive information. The hacker changed Admin functions...something only Ryan ,myself and the hacker could do..

Ryan has been working the past 24 hours to undo what was done with the software techs.... We believe we have it under control but if there are any signs of a repeat attack we'll have to shut things down again.

I can't thank Ryan enough for his work here. Nor can I express how Po'd I am. This hacker enjoys this BS... They have gone as far as to anonymously contact me and gloat that I could not Id them.

What has this attack cost.. It has cost the loss of this boards access to all of you the last 24 hours.. It cost every site we host valuable Business.. we had to shut down the entire server....some of which are Breeders and sellers you all use. It has cost at least one member with fish probelms.. several discus. and its cost me and Ryan a good measure of our resolve here....

So Hacker... If you are reading this congratulations....Hope it gave you a good thrill.

-al

Default Re:Hacked again... sorry for the down time all!

When you are the top of any profession you are a target. Simply is the largest and is the top. There are a lot of people that would like to see Simply gone. They can mess with the board, but they can't stop the momentum. It is now too big. They can play their games, but if they were not cowards they would come out and fight like men. Simply Lives!!!!!!!!

Registered Member

Ryan and Al,
    Thanks for all of your hard work to get SimplyDiscus back up and running.

Looking at this wonderful site, I see over 3000 members with a common goal and love for a hobby. I can never understand why anyone would take time out of their day to cause harm to each and every one of us. Is it the love of attention in such a selfish way or is it the disdain for people who love a hobby? Whomever this person is they need to self check their life as its truly going to waste spending so much time hurting people who care. In all essence I feel sorry for this individual who has so little to offer but problems ??? What joy your getting is beyond anything I can comprehend!

JMO,
    Tad

thanks for the hardwork Ryan and AL

if there is someone you can hire to find out who this hacker is and bring him to justice.

I will be the first of many to gladly donate to the cause!

Ryan I too thank you for the effort you put into getting the board back up and I am really grateful to all of the moderators and sponsors that keep this board running. Whoever this hacker is I hope that they read this.....
    You are a coward and an imbecile. Whatever the "excitement" is that you get from such a idiotic act would best be served by clinical treatment. I pray that you are soon discovered and that you are prosecuted by very strong legal measure. Perhaps then you will have the opportunity to address your pathology and turn your life into something useful. Whether your motivation is jealousy or competition or some kind of misplaced revenge you need help. Your behavior may be symptomatic of a very deep seated psychological illness. I fear the ways that this may continue to manifest and hurt you and those who love you. Please .. get the help you need. I'd be glad to help you if I could but ... please don't email me!!!!
    I pray that you fnd peace within you.
    peter

People do not realize that we lease our own web server, and that allows us to log every click that is made on this forum and on the websites that are hosted with us. I have records for each and every member who comes here, reads posts, etc. Though the log files are extensive and take a while to sort through, they are still valuable because it allows me to see details about where people have been on the forum. I have sent them to several sources, including a few of the forum software developers and our web host, and they are trying to help us locate the root of all this.

This is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable hobby for everyone involved. It's ridiculous that people are trying to twist and turn it into something that it's not. This website has been a big help to discus keepers who need advice or suggestions. When these "hackers" screw with the site and cause us to shut everything down, they are hurting the hobby by cutting off readers from their resources. You have people battling diseases or breeding discus or setting up new tanks who have questions and need help, and when this website has to shut down for a day they are being denied that help. They are the ones who are suffering from this, and it's unfortunate.

I am not sure what this person's motives are for doing what they have done, but it is childish and stupid. They are obviously trying to upset Al or myself, or maybe the moderators, but in the end they are really hindering the hundreds of other members of this site from posting and having fun, and allowing the hobby to flourish.

Thanks, whoever you are, for trying to ruin it for everyone.

Ryan

Registered Member

Way to go Al and Ryan!!!!

I for one was getting SimplyDiscus withdrawal!!!!!!

Keep up the great work,
    Lester

Registered Member

I can't believe how much I've come to like this forum, until it's denied to me, I was "jones'n" hard for it today.

Thanks for bringing it back up.

Al and Ryan... as has already been said... thanks to both of you for all the hard work.

As for any skeptics... there NEVER should have been any! And it certainly should have been obvious to anyone who was on 24 hours ago, that the board had been hacked.

Personally, I only have one word for this individual... LOSER!!

Judi

Hi Al and Ryan,

Thanks for the hardwork.

Regards,
    Ronny

Registered Member

Really sorry to hear about this...some people just don't have lives. Sad to see people with those talents wasting it on somthing that isn't profitable to them...

Even worse to hear that people are losing discus over this, I hope it hasn't affected their financial status too badly.

Glad to see the board's back up, stay strong and don't let these things get to you. Like Jeff said, the fact that people are trying to hack it period means this board is a great success and helps hundreds of people keep thousands of discus in better homes.

Great job Al and Ryan!!! Keep up the good work!

Judi I agree loser is right , although I have a few better words!!

Darcy

I dare you to tell the truth!!!!!!
    You damn well know nothing was done to bring your webserver down, you chose to bring it down, why, you don't want to blow that cover of yours. Why don't you post the thread about Jack, getting with Joe and Hans, that you guys where badmouthing about in your special modsection? How could you ever say things like that about Jack, I don't even keep any fish but that man is a war hero, How could you?

And I dare you to leave this post, let's see how long this lasts. let me tell you what you are going to do, lock this account. Good deal.

For the rest, you guys don't know half the story, so shut your pieholes. And I don't even keep fish. Now that is funny. Adios folks. Good luck to this site, Have fun just have an eye behind you when you deal with these folks who run it, for your own gooooooood.

Thanks Brew and Ryan

Kerry

first off nothing was said about Jack that was offending to him, all of us here have the highest respect for him and nothing will ever change that. no matter who he chooses to do business with

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast