AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FED EX ruined my order from Jeff..

Default FED EX ruined my order from Jeff..

Got my first order from Jeff ever this morning via FED EX...expecting the same old sign for box and drop into tank.WELL this time was not the several other times gotten orders from others,the box arrived totally wet on bottom > and 1 out of the 2 fish was a DOA...

i got only 2 ghosts in the order for $50 each plus $75 FED Ex and $10 for Jeffs packing..so that means i paid $135 for ONLY ONE regular 3 INCH Ghost...man that sucks,Jeff said he would return $49 into my paypal...i was prepared to pay the $85 for shipping out 2 but :-X $85 shipping for 1 regular 3 inch ghost ???.

Jeff said he would never use Fed Ex ever after this incident too many problems,and he said all ghosts are sold out so there are no replacements for me ..now im stuck with 1 Ghost to put in my breeding program.

Not blaming Jeff but this is :-X UP..i end up getting $49 back for the DOA and spending $135 for ONE 3 inch regular fish.. :-X FED EX.

Default Re:FED EX ruined my order from Jeff..

This is the poor Ghost that didnt make it seen here in an unopened bag straight from the box. :'(

:'( :'( :'( :'( That is too sad, so sorry for your disappointment.. This is one of the problems we all face when ordering in live creatures, the handlers cannot be totally depended on. Even if you fly your own with you, you can see the way the guys handle luggage, uncaringly. So sorry, Dottie

Real Name
    Brian

Sorry to hear that...

I've had similar experiences with the incompetence of FedEx. It seems that when a box says "LIVE TROPICAL FISH", they interpet it as "PLACE FOOT HERE AND STOMP".

Good luck with your survivor!

Thanks Dottie,
    Again im not blaming Jeff for this..i know Jeff s not out to get me LOL..

Upon further inspection of the bag i noticed the reason bag leaked..there were 2 pin sized holes that penetrated the 2 bags on the upper portion of bag..dont know that a 3 inch fish can do that type of damage to the thick bags that Jeff sent me them in..maybe bag defect,Jeff you might want check the bags your shipping your fish in maybe a certain batch has defect,i said MAYBE defect so to avoid others like today might want to take closer look at bags.

HECTOR NYC....

;)

Registered Member

Fedx,
    Has been Great for Me! However I would allways recommend
    Triple Baging and internal sleves Or newspaper between them to help stop the discus from pokeing thru! Its also wise because of all the handleing to pack a very tight box with a little play in the fish bags so they are able to absorb shock! Also A full box bag will help if the fish do drain the water from their bags this will stop the water from destorying the outer box. If this happens and the outer box gets wet sometimes fedx will Stop shipment on the spot!
    hth.

However I would agree with Dottie on this one Sometimes Schitt Happens Sorry for your loss :'(

Registered Member

:-[ Feel for ya.

Jean ;D 8)

They are actually double bagged with a clear 4 mil liner (or a 1/2 bag) between the 1st and 3rd bags. All the bags were 4ml so that is a total of 12ml for this fish to break. Who knows what happens some times. I'm sorry that it worked out that way. Sometimes it's just out of our control.

Jeff and i worked together and came up with a solution to the DOA through IM ..like they say the ones that buy so little complain the most right Jeff..LOL.. ;D at end of the day i ended up with 1 very nice Ghost and a solution to the one that didn t make it.Thanks Jeff. 8) and no thanks to those FED EX handlers. >

Registered Member

Sorry about the problems you had with the shipping !
    I knew Jeff would find a way to come through for you, he's a class act-
    Good job Guys

Donna ;D

Registered Member

Sorry for the problems you had. But, I am always amazed that someone would pay $85.00 shipping for only 1 or 2 discus . I always order at least 8 discus when they are to be shipped. That way if 1 or 2 are DOA, at least your breeding program will not suffer.

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

bummer.............glad you and jeff are working it out.

jim

Registered Member

Wow,
    That was a nice specimen! Sorry for your loss.
    I think if I was using fedex to ship, I would quadruple invert....large bag around fish bags and make it a snug fit with bubble wrap or news paper( if the news paper gets wet it is useless).
    I shipped a couple high dollar discus this way with the help of Ken Davis, and the customer said it was the best packing job he had ever seen.

Registered Member

Where do you live? I can ship two 3" fish across the country for $35-40. A box of 8-10 fish will run that much. Jeff's a good guy and I'm sure he took care of you. I ship a lot also and quadruple bag everyhting and put newspaper(4-5 layers) between the two inner bags with any bigger fish. Usually 3 inch fish do not poke holes, As Cary said, the fish have to be packed tight to prevent them being bounced around inside the box which causes most damage. I collect smaller shipping boxes from the University for when I ship just a few fish so that everything that goes out is packed very tight to prevent jossling and still I have several boxes each year that get damaged or froze. That's just part of the game, it can be any of the overnight carriers or airlines, They all screw up, so all you can do is refund the money or replace the fish and move on. If your the one who gets dead fish then unfortunatly that's the luck of the draw. I find that it's about 1 out of 100 that get mishandled. Ken

Registered Member

Just as a side note, its funny in a strange way, Fedex, UPS, and others DO NOT SHIP TROPICAL FISH, according to its own shipping rules. At certain Fedex stations they see tropical fish and send you back home with them, while drivers that pick up at breeder locations almost always accept them. Fedex will even pay claims on damaged goods (fish) when thier own rules prohibit its shipping. Go figure???
    If your lucky enough to live in a major city, its ALWAYS better to ship same day, but u pick up at airport. I know...I know its a pain, but you can sometimes get shipments delivered on Sat and Sun, with less traffic and your fish are handled with care. Just a thought. I personally would make Jeff fly to the big apple and hand delivere them to you ;D Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast