ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DAVID LIM DISCUS FROM U. S. DISCUS

Registered Member Keystonediscus's Avatar

Default Re:DAVID LIM DISCUS FROM U. S. DISCUS

I had some of those Yellow Crystals a while back really nice fish

Registered Member

Hi, Everyone. It has come to my attention that some of the people that we had to refuse fish and even those that have ordered fish are overstepping it a bit much. I have had them state that David is farming out fish and they are not really his or are they ?, to writing him to ask for special favors by adding on even AFTER I have said we are full. Now, Im not sure how many times people must have been shafted by other breeders or gotten crappy fish, but heres MY business motto. I ONLY get GRade A fish.period. I ONLY buy from reputable breeders, No hormones, color feed is ok if I know in advance so I can let my customers know in advance and I promise I will try to get you fish that are as described. I would like to know the reasoning behind asking David to add more fish to MY order without me knowing, or to ask if he farms out fish. Its a insult to me and him. Paying for something does NOT give you the right to go over my head. If any of you are gun shy, then call me NOW for a refund. Life is too short for me to play games ( 2 heart attacks). I do what others only promise....I REALLY care about the fish and my customers. If this sort of thing continues, this WILL be my last add on order for simply. I can charge a hell of a lot more for these fish from David. Go to your local petshop and spend 80.00 for a brown discus. I was REALLY THINKING THAT I WAS DOING EVERYONE A FAVOR. If you have any other questions about my order call ME. If you want to know a specific question about a fish e-mail David and ask HIM if hes cheating you. I bet no-one will. Sorry, to get this way, but I pride my self on what I do, I feed my family this way, I love what I do, and I remember the MANY times I got shafted as a novice, I vowed if I got the chance I would make sure I would do better, Tim

Registered Member

Hey Tim,

Well said!!!!

Honesty and Integrity...is the only way to go!!!!

Thanks,
    Lester

Real Name
    JACK AGLIATA

As I and many many others here on Simply can attest to, Tim is a first class guy in all respects. It's sad when some try to take advantage of his desire to help others in this hobby get first class fish.
    By the way Tim, if you go to our main LFS here in Charlotte, the browns are not 80 bucks, but 149.95, because they have red eyes I think!

Registered Member

Tim if I were you and you knew who was going behind your back and doing this I would just send them a refund and let them go to the pet store and get there own. If they ask why the refund tell them it was not appreciated in what they did and move on.
    George

Registered Member

I second George's idea/recommendation. I would certainly hate to see a few individuals ruin it for the rest of us. ESPECIALLY if I might be one of the ones ordering on the next go around ;D

GARY

Registered Member Carolina discus's Avatar

Tim,
    Screw them man.... BTW...Does this mean a few more Scarlets for me ;D ;D ;D

As usual, a few jackasses almost screw it up for the rest of us .

Seriuosly, everything ok with the order???
    Eric

Registered Member

Tim, We placed a phone order with you recently, This being our first discus order with you. I was impressed with your candor, and honesty. Your assurance that you would only ship quality discus, or refund the deposit.
    We are new to Simply Discus and appreciate dealing with members like you -
    Thank you for the great offer!
    It's Members like you that make Simply Discus a place to enjoy!

Jim & Jeanne

Registered Member

Tim:
    I think that you were being too nice, by extending your order deadline, and letting people add on, etc. Next time, have a deadline, and keep to it.

If anyone went directly to David, behind your back, and stirred up trouble, I agree with George, refund their deposit and tell them sayonara. This is YOUR order with David, and all of us buying from you are YOUR customers. If anyone wants special favors from David, they should order DIRECTLY from him or fly to Singapore and personally select their own fish!

I'm sure that you were upset and angered by the actions of a few overzealous individuals, but the rest of us stand by you. We look forward to seeing some grade A fish from you!
    Brigitte

Registered Member

Cough I dont post much but i read alot. I have been to Tim's setup a couple of times, and unlike alot of other people who import and sell discus (even some on here) i have seen the care he takes in seperating all his tanks and manualy doin water changes (not a central system) seen how he bags and ships with quality. I have seen him refuse to sell a fish with the statement "well she is eating but she just isnt swimming right". Now are all the perfect circles and will all place 1st place a t a show, no of course not but they arent $500 a piece either, but they all have good shape and good genes and are all very healthy. He is one of the few people that i would walk into there hatchery and give him a couple hundred bucks and a cooler and say i am waiting in the car. In this business all you have is your reputation. And i have NEVER seen Tim do anything that would remotly call into question his reputation. keep up the good work tim.

john

Registered Member

Hi, First let me thank DavidNC for the pix, but he did NOT get these fish from David Lim order. These are fish that he had gotten last year and Im sure he just decided to put them here as a easy way to add his pix. DavidNC if you can move this to a new site, I thank You, Tim

Tim is right I bought these from him a while back. Sorry to confuse. Just trying to show that Tim has beautiful fish.
    Tim don't know how to remove this, maybe one of the board admin. will remove it.

Thx Dave

Ahhh leave them there,now we know not from David Lim..they are awesome Tim.

Deleted images, anyone that would like to see Tim's quality, goto photo section "Love this fish"

Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123