AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FEBRUARY 2004 MEMBER SPOTLIGHT - TAD & JUDI

Registered Member

Default Re:FEBRUARY 2004 MEMBER SPOTLIGHT - TAD & JUDI

Tad,
    Try force pairing them with the white butterflys. That could be a good out cross. hth.good luck and all the best.
    Phil.

What a great story you two!! A true fairy tale, very nice! & the fish look terrific, hope they get to breed for you soon. You are both an inspiration!! Look forward to meeting you both in Denver, Dottie ;D ;D

Registered Member

Another outstanding interview...Tad I have a question,since you are in the Carmel,Monterey area..When my bride and I were out on Vac. in Calif.we stopped at a super restaurant near Monterey...it was overlooking the ocean on a cliff and I seem to remember a cypress tree sitting on the edge of the cliff...We have been trying to remember the name of the place for some time now,but being semi-old we cant...Do you know of the place?? It is supposed to be semi-famous

Thanks,
    Mench

Mench,

Did the area look like this? If so, the restaurant was the Old Bath House, overlooking Lover's Point.

Judi

P.S.: The restaurant would be just to the left, outside of the pic.

What a great interview!!!! Bill and I look forward to meeting another "discus team" at ACA. Working together definately makes it more fun!!!! Here's wishing you two the fun and love we have shared over the last 26 years.

Registered Member

Judi,looks close but the one I remember was a lot higher up,At least I think it was...Bath House doesn't ring any bells...Now that I think of it it may be farther down the coast from Monterey.It was at nite and we were coming from Hearest (sp) castle,But I remember after dinner we stopped for the nite at a small town just south of Carmel..Hope this helps,if not no big deal,we were just remembering the great time we had...
    Oh and a word of advice for northeast folks going to Calif in May...don't do what I did...as we were packing the bride says,should I pack warm clothes?? And me being the world guy I is,said,,nope we are going to sunny Calif,how cold can it be!!!!
    Well we went to Yosemite and I knew I was toast when some of the signs said " Road closed because of SNOW" Hee Hee It was 30 deg and snowing like He## and we were in shorts and short shirts....Well of course we had to look for a store and buy warm clothes..Well I don't know what was colder...the weather or the bride!!!But it was a fun trip...

Thanks,
    Mench

Hi Mench,

Hearst's Castle is about 100 miles south of Carmel. Was the town you stayed in Big Sur?

Judi

Ron,

Where were you when my buddies and I were planning our trip to Yosemite last year?

We packed for sunny california weather. We back country pack for the entire trip. Of course I only packed shorts and Tshirt. I ended up wear all 14 pairs of them to keep warm. Finally broke down and bought long pants and a coat at the end.

Tad and Judi,

Awesome pictures and love the touch with the video. Sorry for stealing your post a little.

Henry

Registered Member

Phil,
    that is a great recommendation on the White butterfly and golden head. I will give it a serious try!

Dottie,
    Yes its been a "Fairy Tale Dream" Someone please pinch me to wake me up LOL ;D You are definately one of the people that we are looking forward to meet at ACA. Im going to have to workout for the next 5 months just to keep up with you :

Susan,
    Great to see other couples sharing this fintastic hobby. Would be our pleasure to meet you at ACA also.

Mench,
    LOL, People do not understand that California Coast weather is the best during the months of Oct through Dec. The other months are relatively cool due to the fog...remember "Play Misty for Me" ;D...The best advice is to always carry warm clothing while visiting this area and do not go whale watching in the summer unless your bundled up 8)
    I do believe the restuarant that you mention is located at Carmel Highlands by the Sea.

Henry,
    Glad you liked the videos its best seen in Windows media player IMO! OBTW "Windy enough for you" LOL :P

thanks All for the great comments,
    Tad

That was a great interview and I have to say that these two spotlighters are perfect for this month's interview. Thank you both for sharing your story here, and as always... Thanks John for the interview, ideas, and work.

Tad and Judi.. I can't believe how clean you keep those tanks... I see a pic of fish floating in what can only be air! Nice ...very nice.

I really hope I have the chance to meet you two at the ACA or elsewhere. I would really enjoy talking with you in person. I have learned a few things from you both, You are both a great asset to this hobby, and this site!!

Thanks and take care,
    al

Lovely interview Very apt for Valentines day

Registered Member

Hi all,
    Tad 'n Judi, nice interview! I can't believe I wasn't invited to the wedding here in Vegas ;D I hope to be at the ACA in July and meet y'all, as well as many more discus freaks

Mench- Ya mean the flame shirts didn't radiate the heat and keep y'all warm that time ;D I'm sure you'll never live that one down from Mary!

Steve

Hi Tad and Judi,
    I really enjoyed the interview but I am concerned about one thing... How are all of those beautiful fish going to survive without water in those tanks? Good job teaching them to fly! ;D
    Nice job guys!
    Happy Valentines day!
    peter

Registered Member

Great finding out a little more about the both of you. Let me know when you next come to the Bay Area, I would love to meet you guys! Beautiful discus BTW!
    Brigitte

Great and lovely interview!!!

Tad and Judi
    What a team!!!....

Alberto

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast