AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Looking for a great Discus?

Registered Member

Default Looking for a great Discus?

My son purchased 9 Discus from Cary at Great Lakes Discus. Following acclamation, the Discus were released in the tank and within an hour they were coming to the side looking for food. As Cary suggested, I fed them four hours later and all were very hungry. The size, shape and color were incredible. To prove my opinion about Great Lakes Discus I will give you a comparison. I recently purchased 9 Discus from ********(IM me for where)****and all died within 2 weeks. Cary’s 2" Discus were larger than their 3" and his 3" were larger than their 4". It would be impossible to compare the shape, color and quality of the Discus, as Cary’s are far superior. The professionalism in Great Lakes Discus bagging, packing and shipping was incredible also. Each Discus was individually bagged and wrapped in newspaper and inserted in two additional bags. The bags were reinforced in the shipping container to prevent movement and that is why his fish will live and theirs died. He also medicated each bag to prevent stress and promote healing in the event they were injured in any way through shipment. The shipment I received from The Discus Place had two and three fish to the bag and the bags were not supported in a container 3 times the size it should have been. The bags were laying flat and fish food was on top of one of the bags. There was more water in the container than there was in the bags. Following acclamation, the Discus were released in the tank and all went to the corners or the back of the tank and stood on their tails. They never ate and the second day the first fish came down with Velvet and died the next day. Three more died two days later. The remaining Discus got a Fungus on the injuries they received through improper shipment and died soon thereafter. I am sorry that the Discus were tortured through their improper handling, bagging, packing and shipping, but I am glad it gave me a chance to see Discus from other breeders in my tank and really learn what a quality and healthy Discus looks like. Now I know that there are some Discus breeders that can be trusted. My son also ordered from Somethingsphishy and I am really impressed with Keith and his Discus. They have all been larger than expected and never slowed down. Very healthy fish!! We have now ordered three times from Keith and each time the Discus are nicer than the one's before. I am retired so the Discus are part of my later years of enjoyment.

editted to comply with Site's Policies....brewmaster15

Registered Member

Default Re:Looking for a great Discus?

Simply The BEST! Frank

Way to Go Cary!!!!!! Another Happy Customer!!!!

-al

Registered Member

PLEASE, PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WITH YOUR MESSAGE AS I CAN NOT RESPOND TO THE MESSAGE YOU SEND THROUGH THIS WEB. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND SOME ON THE MEMBER LIST BUT THAT TAKES A LOT OF TIME AND SOME OF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR EMAIL LISTED. I can only respond if you include your email address. I had entered the name of the breeder on the original message but due to the policy of SimplyDiscus, it was crossed out. This is the only way we can stop people like myself from loosing a lot of money dealing with bad breeders. Not to mention causing the poor fish to suffer the way they did. I lost close to $500.00 and if the name of the breeder had been posted on the web I could have gone to Cary first. Send me your email address with your message and I will give you all the information. Thanks