ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Groovy Wilds

Registered Member

Default My Groovy Wilds

Updates on Blue Peruvians and a few others, took these pics this morning...got trigger happy

Registered Member

Default Re:My Groovy Wilds

Bleeding Heart Blue

Registered Member

Almost got the entire Brown in the pic LOL

Registered Member

Still trying to put weight on this Heckel...picky eater.

Registered Member

Registered Member

Hello there.
    Incredible wilds, I did not know there were blue peruvians for me is a green one but is amazing anyway.
    Please let me know how long they stay with you and which was yor schedule for start feeding them?Once again congrats.

Julio L.

Registered Member

Hey Julio,
    Most I have had for less than a year.
    Frozen blood worms morning and night and assorted flake and pellet....no Beef Heart anymore...it ruins my water quality too rapidly and detroys my filter media. This is what I call a Peruvian Green::

Registered Member

Hello F.D.
    Yes my green wilds look preety much the last one.But the first one could be a green with plenty color ,look the anal fin and maybe you get it, there is a complete green line on the base.
    I do use beefheart because we do not get frozen worms, just live tubifex, too dirty I think.I use live artemia, a kind of plancton , very clean.
    Don you like RSG?
    Well greetings to my aunt Aurora in Atlanta, nice city i was there two years ago.

Best regards from Lima

Julio L

Hey Fishingdude: You know the Wilds are my thing! ;D

Those photos are amazing. Nice job taking them. Annoying when the fish are picky eaters and won't eat what you give them. Always at the fish store getting new delicatessens. ;D They're gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Registered Member

The blue fish are now coming out of the Nanay in Peru on a regular basis, Most are regular looking greens with a blue sheen to them, but last shipment I got two solid blue fish and Lee got both of them. I've got more on order. I don't know if they are a natural mutation or someone has released some cobalts that have bred into the wild fish. The Nanay fish are an introduced population so no telling whats in there. Ken

Registered Member

[quote author=fishfarm link=board=22;threadid=18142;start=0#msg186518 date=1082641176]
    The blue fish are now coming out of the Nanay in Peru on a regular basis, Most are regular looking greens with a blue sheen to them, but last shipment I got two solid blue fish and Lee got both of them. I've got more on order. I don't know if they are a natural mutation or someone has released some cobalts that have bred into the wild fish. The Nanay fish are an introduced population so no telling whats in there. Ken
    [/quote]

Hey Ken,
    If those blue fish are mutts, I need some more mutts LOL.
    Since we have Julio as a Lima Peru connection, maybe we can hook up on some multi spotted RSGs.
    The smaller blue/green has red spots...RSB??
    Fry girl, were have you been??

I'm here, Fishingdude. In my books and in the tank and also at the doctor's office too. Trying to stabilize a possible defunct tank. ??? I'm hoping I don't have fish that has that white poo excretion going.

I'm keeping up with your photos though. Those fish look pretty swell. Gonna set up a new tank soon. Getting a 150 gallon AGA. Starting to purchase equipment for it.

Registered Member

FG,
    I started keeping all my wild discus at 87 to 89f and they are all loving life. Just give them pleanty of oxygen via surface turbulance, plus they like to school in large numbers.
    I need some more tanks too ???

Will do. I have the tank at 88 farenheit. Hard to get it to 90 since I have two 150watt heaters. I suppose it's best to get two 250watt heaters. I've added salt and do see white poo. I want to try out the metronidazol 500g but I cannot find a vet that sees FISH! It's hard to get a prescription for metro when no vet has certification to see FISH. I'm maintaining them on warmer waters and salt for now.

Registered Member

Angie, I get it from the Florida Tropical Fish Farmers Associations web site, They will sell directly to the public. www.4fishstuff.com. Ken

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast