ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone purchase fish from Hep's Discus?

Registered Member

Default Re:Anyone purchase fish from Hep's Discus?

o.k. will do expect arrival on fri, or sat.

Registered Member

I purchased almost 50 discus in 3 orders from Big Mike over the last month or so.
    There were no DOAs and still are not.
    Bigger fish than expected and eat like crazy.
    I was looking at the San Merah...look like they have great shape, and I bet you are used to including the tail in the measurement?

Registered Member

San merah arrived sat. in excellant condition after a coast to coast flt.packaging was great as water temp was still 80. discus are now eating and are every bit as good as advertised round shape and colorful.Will purchase again, check his web site as i believe a shipment has recently arrived.

Registered Member

Awesome,

Shawn from Chichlidsandsalt.com is going up to portland and is nice enough to pick up some fish for me from mike heppner so I wont even have to pay for shipping. ALthough if one of the fish die im screwed.

Registered Member

That is very considerate. Although, I highly recommend going up to Portland and picking out your own fish. The gaurantee and selection will be better if you choose your own fish. Good Luck.

Registered Member

Im not too picky on what my fish look like, and from what ive heard mike doesnt really have any ugly fish. Im sure shawn will pick out some nice ones.( I hope )

Registered Member

PC, You have a pretty good attitude. Your right Mike will give the best. Post pics when you can. Thanks

Registered Member

Going to get the fish on wed. So I will post pics on thursday prob.

Registered Member

Hi,

I am glad you finally made a decision. It's great that you will be able to go pick out the fish yourself. I think you will have alot to choose from. Can't wait to see pictures.

Anastasia

Registered Member

Just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion. I understand that a lot of you have probably had bad experiences with local pet store discus but before you just start saying that because they are coming from a pet store they are low grade. My Cobalt Blues are coming from a local breeder that lives not 10 mins from my shop. I personally go over and hand select the discus. I also buy discus from Mike to get different color varieties. All local bred discus and the imports(from Hep) are kept separate. I advise people to wait on the imported discus that I have recieved until I have them for a minimum of a week. This is on top of the between week to week and a half that Hep has it for. I fully stand behind every fish that I sell from my store. Being as I am a breeder also(not discus yet) I know about standards. Imported discus are imported discus. It is all about how they are handled after they are recieved and everyone gets good and bad batches. I prefer to buy all of my fish from breeders that is why I am setting up my local guys with new color strains of discus.

Sean
    Cichlids and Salt
    www.cichlidsandsalt.com

I did. I don't regret. I have some lovely Goldens from Mike (Aug, 2003). He gave me a proven pair. They spawned numerous times. Still doing fabulous. Photos of them are somewhere in the photo section and I will be updating pictures soon. Got a few surprises to show.

My last order from MIke was not the best. I certainly understand his need to attend the Asian Discus Event. So, with my order he had to rush it out before leaving for Malaysia. I had a problem with two Wilds. But now everything's a-okay for now as well as the Blue Diamonds from him.

**angie**

Registered Member

listen to the wise and experienced people on here and order from someone on this site. Carol and Al know thier stuff

Registered Member

The very best way to buy Discus is face to face. Nose to tank. See what you are getting. See what conditions the other fish in the tank are in. See if the fish come to the front of the tank.
    AND PICK YOUR OWN.
    Not everyone's 3inch is 3inch. Not everyone's Red is Red.
    Ask questions of the breeder too.
    What do they eat and water conditions.
    And ask to see the parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234