ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Diamond

Registered Member

Default Yellow Diamond

Hello has anyone here ever heard of a yellow diamond?? If so who has them? Thanks Todd

Registered Member

Default Re:Yellow Diamond

Todd,

I have not heard of a Yellow Diamond. But breeders are always coming up with something new or creating a new name for a discus. I would only guess that it would be a solid yellow without any black markings, i.e. speckles.

Please see the attached picture. I currently do not have this fish, but it is something that I am considering importing. One minor problem is that the cost of this fish (grade a) at 5 inch sells for $1,000.00 wholesale (does not include other costs) or $250.00 for 5 inch grade b. I think that might be a little expensive.

Patrick

Registered Member

Dear Moderators,

I made a mistake by posting the above picture. I think the picture should be removed. I tried to modify the post, but I was unable to do so.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Patrick

ps, I am going to IM the brewmaster.

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

I removed the picture for you . . .

Registered Member

Carol,

Thank you for removing the picture. I'll be more careful next time.

Pattrick

I have attached the correct picture...

Registered Member

Hi Patrick those are very cool fish but the price is pretty steep. Do their faces ever turn yellow? Todd

Patrick are those the grade b yellow diamonds.Also those 2 look more like Orgon strain discus,,i think thats how you spell it. :P..Isn t a Yellow Diamond supposed to be absolutely solid yellow.Either way nice fish. ;D

Registered Member

Todd,

I think that their faces will remain white. I have had solid yellow discus before, but they were Yellow Marlboro. They were actually nice fish and I was selling them for $45.00 as a 3.5-4 inch. Are you looking for a solid yellow discus regardless of the name? Or do you have more information about a Yellow Diamond?

Hector,

I am not absolute sure what a yellow diamond looks like, but you are probably right about the Orgon strain.

Patrick

t was named after the orgon koi that is a white body with a yellow pattern.

those will turn orange if they eat anything with red enhancer like tetra bits or naturose, so If you want bright yellow dont feed them that stuff.

anyone have pics of a yellow diamond?

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...12602;start=15

In this thread, there is a solid yellow fish that was sold to us as a yellow diamond. We had it for about 3 months before it died, it was fed Omega One flakes, blood worms and brine shrimp and never did change color.

I Think the yellow diamond is just another name of Gold Diamond. It's hard to find one completely yellow without the help of color enhencer or even CR8. A higher quality gold diamond will have just one or 2 very fine white lines on the head. They are expensive fish.

Patrick: That's a very nice and beautiful Yellow/white you have. Very high quality fish. $45 is very cheap. Did you breed them?
    Jimmy.

Registered Member

Jimmy,

Clarification:

Currently, I do not have any yellow discus. In the past, I had Yellow Marlboro which were solid yellow without the white face. At that point, I was selling them for $45.00. However, the attached picture is Super Yellow White and as an adult discus it is a very expensive fish. I might be considering get some for the future.

Patrick

Registered Member

Did you check out Great Lakes Discus - Gold Diamonds That's one of my next fishies- Can't wait!!!

Registered Member

I was told a solid yellow was a yellow diamond but you know how names go..I would like to have some solid yellow discus i would think about gold but my first choice would be yellow Todd

Registered Member

KD I havent seen the gold diamonds but I will take a look now thanks Todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast