ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild baby RSG

Registered Member

Default Wild baby RSG

So ugly now....... :yikes:
    Probaby hasn't seen very much food since caught on the Nanay, sometime in the last few weeks.

Registered Member

Default Re:Wild baby RSG

uno more pic

Registered Member

Looks rough alright, I hope it perks up in the future

Registered Member

Denny,
    I have two and one is fully spotted...hopefully I can get the body to catch up with the eyes....they eat everything I have put in the tank so far and are improving rapidly.
    Here is my little sad fully spotted RSG...pic quality sux, but it is the only one I have for now...look at those red eyes
    When they look better, I will take more pics.

Registered Member

Nice babies , great future, congrats F.D.

Julio

no flames intended....

this fish is a science experiment right?

If we are sincerely trying to raise the standards for general Discus quality then we should tell the truth about fish like the one in the pic and not be flatterers or psychophants.
    IMO......it is not a nice discus and I see no potential for anything in it except as a learning experience about what not to buy or how to waste time on a worthless fish. It is small, skinny, beat up and has very large eyes. It may recover somewhat but it will at very best be mediocre in quality.
    Just my opinion & I know what they say about opinions.
    again. no offence intended...just speaking as I see

David

Registered Member

Koola David......Yeah, I admitted earlier the poor condition in not-so-many words.
    There are many imported-from-the-wild fish that come in like this one I am sure!
    Please believe me on this....if it has a chance to develop fully, it is better off with me than a newbie

BTW, the way they are feeding on worms and pellets, I may be able to prove ya wrong LOL.

[quote author=Fishin dude link=board=22;threadid=18487;start=0#msg190102 date=1084375503]

There are many imported-from-the-wild fish that come in like this one I am sure!

, I may be able to prove ya wrong LOL.
    [/quote]

I hope so...

I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken

really , quality of wilds has improved greatly in the last couple of years and fish in bad shape are a tiny minority which anyone wanting to encourage a reputation for high quality fish should better cull than even give away for free. If we don;t supply a market for the poor quality fish then suppliers won't try to sell them to us . There is no shortage of good discus at good prices these days so my philosophy is why waste time energy and resources on inferior fish? a good fish costs no more to look after

Registered Member

I've been wrong before ;D
    Took this pic today...same fish in different tank, 2 days after previous pic.
    I have been hammering WCs and feeding 4 to 5 times a day.
    Looks like it may be okay

Registered Member

wow, looking good already
    well done! ;D

what happened to the red eye? are you sure it is the same fish?

Registered Member

I think so wildthing ...yeah, the eyes on that one do not look red...let me get back with you ;D

Does that last one look acceptable for a couple weeks out of the wild??

Registered Member

Nice work F.D.

Maybe our different opinion from this fish come from our different view from fishes. I like to work with them and I enjoy this work, that is the main rason from this hobby , to enjoy fishes, far away to look only for perfection.That is my opinion, no offence at all.

Congrats F.D.

Julio L.

" we either strive to improve ourselves ( & our fish) or we allow ourselves ( & our fish) to get worse"

IMO perfection is something to aspire to in Discus, otherwise what are all the quality discussions about? what are the shows about & why are different discus different prices? ( all rhetorical)...hence also the title of Jack Wattley's book " Discus for the Perfectionist"
    In fact I think that if you don;t strive for perfection with discus ( or any other subject) you will never succeed. Aspiring to mediocrity is not much of a goal.

Some meds will turn red eyes temporarily yellow, fluke tabs ( dylox) for instance.

just my opinion of course...no offence intended.

fishndude I will be interested to see the progress of the fish, but i really think that by the time you have succeeded you will have spent so much time and energy and resources on it that it would have been cheaper to buy another healthier one.

Registered Member

Fishing dude, good job in bringing those wilds back to form.
    Keep up the good work.

Granted, we should strive for perfection in all our endevours, but realistically, many of us will just want to enjoy our hobbies and not take it so seriously and that is ok too, imo. In other words, to each his/her own. Sorry, Wildthing, I chose to agree to disagree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast