ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild baby RSG

Registered Member

Default Re:Wild baby RSG

I must be missing something. Isn't a wild fish just that: a wild fish? Take them as they come. I look out my office window and am hard pressed to quantify this or that bird as a 'quality' sparrow or pigeon. Given the odds that the fish in these posts overcame to reach adulthood (I would imagine losses in a spawn in the amazon have to be over 90%) it is a spectacularly succesful wild discus, isn't it?

Registered Member

One more thing, is it being suggested that live thriving discus be yanked out of the amazon and culled because they don't meat some artificial standard of quality?

Registered Member

Hi Guys, Lee is the only person I let get fish that are freshly imported. He knows how to quarantine. He took the first set of pics right after they came in after being in the bag from Saturday morning until Monday night (58 hours in the bag!). Flights got bumped several time, Agggh the frustrations of importing. The water was brown!
    He only got two of the little guys (along with some nice adult heckels and greens) and in just a couple of week look how they improved! They were real skinny and with ammonia burn from shipping when he got them. The man can fatten up a fish right! David I think he'll have some nice fish, Look at the spots already on a 4 inch fish! Ken

[quote author=lauris link=board=22;threadid=18487;start=15#msg190360 date=1084551847]
    One more thing, is it being suggested that live thriving discus be yanked out of the amazon and culled because they don't meat some artificial standard of quality?
    [/quote]

duh...no...just put them back in the river..

Registered Member

Leedude?

Oh, I understand now. From seeing his other fish lately I am sure he will have them looking in top shape soon.

I would have figured it out sooner if you would have gotten a closer shot of the eye in that second one ;D ;D ;D ;D

Take follow ups in a few weeks and post them again

Registered Member

Hey Denny LOL,
    No eyeball shots, but since you like them....J/K
    The poor little spotted fish is doing much better!
    Eats flake food from the surface out of my hand.

Registered Member

;D

Lookin good - amazing what TLC can do!

Registered Member

And with a little windex...................... ;D

Who's got time to clean windows? Most of us are too busy takin care of fish...........

Registered Member

[quote author=Denny link=board=22;threadid=18487;start=15#msg191717 date=1085273411]
    And with a little windex...................... ;D
    [/quote]

Tony, You are correct... I am workin the dog :P out of this tank with Wcs. A 29g. with two hydros, 1 aquaclear 200, 1 Penguin with a wheel, and 40 percent Wc per day! H.O.T. Magnum wouldn't fit LOL
    Denny, don't you like the crusty salt look?? :spank:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12