AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: IS AN RO UNIT A NEED???

Registered Member

Default Re:IS AN RO UNIT A NEED???

Registered Member

Hi Jono. I've been following your thread since it started and can tell you are truely addicted to discus. Right now you are gowing through a stage called denial. Your getting some of the best advise available but your denying the parts you don't want to hear. Yes Jono, I'm talking about your continually buying new fish and putting them in the same tank as your old fish. Whats worse, your doing it at a time when the health of your first fish is in question(real or not). I'm only writting you because I hate seeing you make mistakes that WILL end in disaster when you've only got to follow the advice you came here to get to avoid it. I think you've got what it takes to do well with your fish. With the money you've spent on new fish you could have gotten a QT tank. One more piece of advise. Get a notebook and when you have questions go through the sections on Simply relating to your question and read,read,read. Take notes and in your spare time read even the stuff that seems not to relate to your current problems.I keep my notebook next to my keyboard at all times and rarely go a day without some gem of info going in it for later use. Well...Ididn't mean to make this into an all day read. Basicly, don't pick and chose which advise you want to follow, and NO MORE FISH for now. Good luck, Kaceyo

Registered Member

mmmm nice post kaceyo.. thanks
    i'll keep what you said in mind... a QT tank sounds great.. so do a few more tanks... but i live in an apartment
    unfortuneatly my space is very limited..
    i'll stop buying more fish.. and try to maintain what i have now..
    the world "disaster" brings scary thoughts to my head
    take care guys! thanks once again ;D

Registered Member

Registered Member

Jono, You really do have some nice fish there. Where are you getting them, an lfs? Kaceyo

Registered Member

yeh, i get them from a LFS, can u believe that the man who sold it to me told me water changes are bad... and that he changes about maximum 1 bucket in 2 weeks??? *shrugZ* no idea what the story is there.. but water changes work for me so i'll stick to them..
    i cant say his lying or he doesnt kno what his doing.. because his discus are the best LFS discus i can find around here... :P

Registered Member

anyone know what it means when 2 discus peck at each others lips like their kissing?? looks weird but cute :

Jono,

They are fighting... either to establish dominance, or a prelude to mating behavior. Nothing to worry about, for the most part... unless one of the fish is being picked on excessively.

Judi

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567