AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Discus fish farm Sunrise Tropicals

Registered Member

Default Discus fish farm Sunrise Tropicals

has anyone every purchased a discus from them. Just curious if anyone has had a good or bad experience and the quality of fish.

Len

Default Re:Discus fish farm Sunrise Tropicals

my brother has 2 pairs of his, snake king cobras and pheonix. i seen them when i was in florida, and they are outstanding fish, top quality. some prices are rediculous tho, 300 dollars for a fish? i have been thinking of buying a pair or 2 from him. i have been trying to get some of hans's fish. if i cant get them from hans i am going to get them from sunrise.

Registered Member

Han,
    Haul your butt here. Customers!
    Bob

I bought from Sunrise Tropicals before about 2 years ago think..paid $100 for a 3 inch Yellow Diamond ..i feel i paid too much now and if i was smarter discus consumer would have shopped around before paying so much..

I Agree with Sean,,Tony does overcharge for discus especially the bigger ones..and as for the cheaper priced smaller ones 2-3.5 inch ones from Sunrise Tropicals well lets say you get what you pay for so dont complain.I d do some serious price and quality shopping before you order from Sunrise Tropicals,you d be surprised how many better deals are out there and quality better than expected.

Id check out Cary GLD first hes selling some Nice big round Imported beauties at 14 months..for decent price..

bgtw
    LOL, i have been driving hans crazy with emails and phone calls. not really, but he has called me a couple times
    to let me know it will be a bit of a wait till he can ship me some. im in a area where i cant use his prefered shipper us airways. he is trying to set up a account with fed ex but thinks their prices are too high. im glad someones trying to save me a few bucks.

lenman
    yeah cary at great lakes is having a discus sale right now
    he has some exellent adults for sale and a few breeding pairs that he is guaranteeing .

Registered Member

I have heard all about cary....and quite honestly...he has a huge following who swear by him...so that goes a long way...I am in between moves (moving soon) so Discus tank is empty... :'(

Right now just browsing around and fell upon the sunrise tropical site...some of the fish look nice...but I wont be ready till Oct....

After finding Simply and Daah and other forums its easy to see who are the recommended providers....so when I am ready I already know who I am going to....just hate that he is running his sale when I am tankless.....

damm....hehehehe

I bought a large phoenix, 4 morning glories ( pigeon strain) 2 RSG and a spider web snake from sunrise. I bought them online. Tony sent me pictures of the RSG so I new exactly what they looked like. The phoenix has great shape and fins and color but heavily peppered. Interestingly, the picture of that fish on the website showed no pepper. The morning glories are heavily peppered and aren't turning out anything like the ones on the website-basically just orange pigeonbloods. The RSG are beautiful but they have no spots, the spots are all run together as squiggles ( I hear this is common in repeated inbreeding of RSG). Tony did say they were F4 or F5 and I did see pictures of them before purchase so I would have to assume some responsibility for buying them as is. The spider web snakeskin is turning out to be a beautiful blue snakeskin but certainly no spiderweb pattern. Tony was good to work with and packed the fish well. I did feel that they were a little expensive and a little mis-represented. Might be best to go see exactly what you are buying in person.

Just my experience
    Cary the lesser

Registered Member

i bought from tony last year; 8 leopard turks
    i am satisfied. the reason i like buying from tony is he sent me the pictures of the actual fish he set aside for me
    plus the fact he sells at 3 inch size. so i didn't land up with any runts.
    when you buy less than that size you probably have a few discus that are runts so i don't know if you are really getting more for your money.
    guy (acorn)

dont worry...Cary will look after you well at anytime. even in October. if he says he doesnt have any..tell him his mom sent you. ;D
    he will always have some beautiful fish..and he is always more than fair and always you get beautiful fish for your dollar and he backs up his fish and..lots of help if you even have a question .