AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Large Discus for sell

Default Re:Large Discus for sell

I spoke to Tom via email. He is an honest man. Believe me he feels horrible about all this. He has had some unfortunate curcumstances pop up in his life and he is having to deal with quite a bit. Everyone please give him some time - maybe months from now he will make good on everything. The reason "I" and I'm sure everyone else jump on this deal was that Tom was offering good size quality fish at a great price. We responded and we did what we could to help him out out of our own greed for a steal of a deal. I know that some of us , Including myself, lost some fish in this transaction due to shipping methods but he did voice his concern for shipping the fish but did it anyway because of financial hardship on his part. This was the only reason he sold these fish.

Tom is an honest man and will make good on this to everyone - just give him a little time everyone! May even be next year but he will take care of everyone involved, I'm sure of it. I just get this feeling from him. Thats my thoughts.

I'm out!

John....

Hi all involved,
    I was going to purchase some fish from Tom, but they were all sold. I would like to say I'm so sorry for your losses :'(
    I am a very trusting person, who also has no idea on shipping fish. I am sure just like John said above, Tom has financial problems right now and he will make good when he can. No one wants to get burned from any deal and no one wants to get bashed either. Had mine arrived the same way, yes I would be upset as well. But if he said to please bare with me, I would. These were his babies from what I read and he really did not want to ship them, but unfortunately he did. It must be very hard on him to know about the mistakes that were made and to know that his babies are gone I know I would be at a loss for words if it happened to me. I think time will fix the situation, but cannot replace the losses. I know what it's like to open the box and see DOAs or really sick fish. I know what it's like to open the box and not get what you paid for, I bought solid blues and got square shaped turks? I also paid to reship what I was suppose to get and surprise more turks! I also know what it's like to try your best to save the sick ones only to watch them pass on I learned from all this experience to know who to trust and who not to. I do not know Tom, but I feel for him. He did not say too bad I didn't want to ship, he just said lets settle the problems via email. Had I bought from him, I would give him the time he needs to get back on his feet and feel good about helping him do it and resolve the situation in a few months. Tom just needs to let everyone know this. I don't think anything was done on purpose, it was just an accident that unfortunately happened. Fedex will not refund the cost of the fish as they do not really allow fish to be shipped by them. They only refund shipping if it was not delivered by the time stated. Airborne Express will refund the loss of fish only if the loss was caused by them. If the fish were not properly packaged, they will not pay. If the package was not delivered as promised, the will refund shipping and/or loss of fish. Now that they are merged with DHL they could have changed this policy, check thier website for shipping policies.
    Again, this is my 25 cents worth and I'm very SORRY for everyone's losses. It was a fantastic deal for discus that size and I still wish I had purchased the two I really wanted.

That's all I wanted was some sort'ev communication from him about this. I'm not bashing anyone at all and if you think I am, grow some thicker skin. I have even offered him fry form the pair, if they pair off and fry from my pairs now.....

he should send the money back, i dont care what his family problems are. quit sticking up for him.

Registered Member

I will NOT quit sticking up for him,you ALL just need to back off a little!!He is one of us and did make a mistake,but doesn't deserve to be harassed forever.

Registered Member

I am with crooked, give the guy a break,
    Fire you have done a great job handled this with class, I feel sorry for your loss, but you will move on, your a big man.

sean, man get a heart. I would suggest beef, frozen, cause thats what I am feeling.
    WOW, flame baby flame
    MJ

Registered Member

Talked to Tom and Linda today things were worked out im happy and so is he. He has had it hard wish him all the luck. Thank Tom for clearing the air with me Your one good caring man.............

Real Name
    Brian

It seems to me that the majority of people involved in this transaction are willing to give Tom some time to work things out.

Maybe the bystanders should take their word for it and let it pass??? ???

I am willing to give him time...just a little communications Tom! How about giving me a call.

Registered Member

I know this has calmed down but I want to put my 2 cents in. I too ordered some fish from Tom (5 to be exact.) I had a 55 gallon and was moving up to a 125 gallon, so I wanted some new fish (and that left a 55 gallon for quarentine.) I told Tom about my concerns that others had listed on this board about his shipping and asked him to delta dash. He said that he was unable to (something about them wanting him to open a business account.) He got a very large shipping box, some huge bags(he triple bagged them) and double bagged them, sending by Fedex. {I have decided, not because of Tom but just because my Fedex man kicked the box (in front of me) not to Fedex fish again.} Any way, they got here, the bags were badly leaking, but they were so big that water was still deep enough to fully cover them. After acclimating them for a couple of hours, they are in there new tank. They even had dinner last night (blood worms.)

Now, the shipping wasn't great but he did respond to my concerns with only two fish per bag, a big container, and huge bags with lots of water in them. The deal was excellent and they are beautiful.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Emmett

For others reading this and considering shipping please be aware that with fish >2.5" (my opinion) you should never put more then one per bag. Get smaller bags, double or triple bag them and keep them separate. Large fish should never be shipped more then 1 per bag.

Whoa! This one got out of Hand and way off track!

All further communications regarding this thread should be directed to the parties involved via IM or Email.

Locked,
    The Simplydiscus.com Team

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456