ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: What is BioSpira?

Registered Member

Default What is BioSpira?

I'm just wondering of what is the meaning of BioSpira?

thanks,

Truelies

Registered Member

Default Re: What is BioSpira?

Bio-Spira is bagged nitrifying bacteria produced by MarineLand I believe... basically the only "instant cycle" that works. I've tried it and it works like a charm and would recommend it if it were on the market (though I don't know if MarineLand has started distributing it again yet).

Basically, you open bag, dump contents in fish tank, wait overnight, add fish... simple as that .

Registered Member

Puma, thanks for your reply! :

Ohh, I know what you mean I saw it once at LFS. I’ll just go ahead and buy it because I’m getting my second shipment of Discus this Tue and my second tank is not yet cycled.

Thanks again

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Mek
    Bio-Spira is bagged nitrifying bacteria produced by MarineLand I believe... basically the only "instant cycle" that works. I've tried it and it works like a charm and would recommend it if it were on the market (though I don't know if MarineLand has started distributing it again yet).

Basically, you open bag, dump contents in fish tank, wait overnight, add fish... simple as that .
    Yes, Bio-spira works.
    Our local aquarium society had the opportunity to hear Dr. Tim Hovanec speak about marineland. He is the maker of Bio-spira. He stated that bio-spira uses a bacteria that will cycle a tank immediately but other "brands" uses a type that was discovered many years ago that works on soil, but for aquariums it was assumptions. Reason why no other maker decided to do what biospira does?

Because it is patented.

Registered Member

Smile Re: What is BioSpira?

HI All

It is back on the market now. One of the LFS here has it in stock now. I hope that marineland can keep up with the demand.

Earl

Real Name
    Walter

Marineland has lots of info about this product on their website:
    http://www.marineland.com/science/nspira.asp
    Walter

Registered Member

I am having a terrible time trying to get ammonia back to zero after using medication. I read up some on Bio Spira on their website. It states it will not remove existing ammonia in a tank, but I am wondering if I were to replace the AC 300 sponge filters and did a 90% WC on my tank if this would be my answer, what do you guys think???