AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: somethingsphishy feedback

Default somethingsphishy feedback

Or any info on that new phsycodelic discus that they have? Anybody with any experience ordering from them or with this fish?

Registered Member

Default Re: anyone order from somethingsphishy?

DON'T DO IT! IMO that is the worst place to get discus PERIOD, worse even than an lfs. Horrid stunted and/or diseased fish I got from them. I purchased 6 what they called "Royal Blue Emperor" or something, everyone else on planet Earth calls them Red Turquoise, except one happened to be a Cobalt. 3 of them promptly died within a day. Two ended up being somewhat acceptable fish and the other, while pretty, is stunted (he is now almost two years old and not quite 5") I also paid extra to have a morning delivery and got an afternoon one.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by lhforbes12 View Post
    DON'T DO IT! IMO that is the worst place to get discus PERIOD, worse even than an lfs. Horrid stunted and/or diseased fish I got from them. I purchased 6 what they called "Royal Blue Emperor" or something, everyone else on planet Earth calls them Red Turquoise, except one happened to be a Cobalt. 3 of them promptly died within a day. Two ended up being somewhat acceptable fish and the other, while pretty, is stunted (he is now almost two years old and not quite 5") I also paid extra to have a morning delivery and got an afternoon one.

Were they shipped in the "space age shipping containers" aka plastic jars?
    Never have personally owned one from them, I have seen dozens of them, while they sent very nice(round, big and seemingly healthy) adults(that I suspect were retired and old pairs) the young ones fit Larry's description of them, one or two ok, a couple of them stunted and some that looked like they wanted to be eutahnized .

You be the judge of that!
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ed13 View Post
    Were they shipped in the "space age shipping containers" aka plastic jars?
    Never have personally owned one from them, I have seen dozens of them, while they sent very nice(round, big and seemingly healthy) adults(that I suspect were retired and old pairs) the young ones fit Larry's description of them, one or two ok, a couple of them stunted and some that looked like they wanted to be eutahnized .

You be the judge of that!
    Ed,
    Yep they came in plastic jars. I actually kind of like that idea though, no way to puncture them, of course who knows how many times they were slammed into the jar during shipping.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tpl*co, Do yourself a HUGE favor, don't even think about it. I got my fish from them in the infamous plastic jars, rolling around in a cardboard box without any packing material in it. All dead, of course. I called and e-mailed them but received nothing in the way of a reply. Slam, Bam, thank you ma'm. Got my money and I got six jars of dead fish.................Ed

The name of the place, somethingsphishy, is a dead give away as to the type of business they run. I've posted on SD about the fish I received, in 70 degree water, one a runt with a swimbladder problem, one died right away, one of the larger 4" fish, although nice and round, and gorgeous, had gill flukes, and one is beautiful, but stunted. Oh, and they shipped the fish a week earlier than I was expecting them. I was just about to leave the house when they arrived, in snowstorm. I was lucky enough to get a response from the owner and half the money I paid refunded. I did not yet belong to Simply, because if I did, I know I wouldn't have bought from them. Stay away, stay far, far, far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by poconogal; 09-29-2006 at 10:13 AM.

Tina,

Last December I ordered 6 discus from them, a pleco, and 2 wild cories. I was getting back in the hobby.
    I waited for 2 weeks for them to ship, then noticed they had only shipped the discus, and not the others so I called them. They said they would fix the problem.
    NExt day, I received TWO orders, of everything! All this for my 30 gallon tank that was setup for 3 weeks! Of the 12 discus, only one lived more than 3 days. The pleco arrived DOA, but I got nothing for him since I didnt send a picture within 4 hours. The cories died in 2 weeks.
    I paid for 3" fish, none of the discus were bigger than 1.5 inches. One fish had one eye, one was without a fin, and all were diseased. IT was a disaster.
    My yellow fish is the only one that survuved. He looked like a severum. He is more orange than yellow and football shaped. He is the one that is so sick now with nematodes and a bacterial infection. I beleive he has had them all along.

DONT DO IT!!!!!! His fish are NOT what they are described as. And his strains are common fish with nice new names. I lost $700 on that deal and am still paing for it!
    Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Richardson View Post
    ....Another way to do it if the above is not your style is most lawyers will write a letter that can wake someone up real fast. Most of these cons last thing they want to deal with is someone with a lawyer and will pay up to get on with their life.

Also very effective!
    Greg, what you say has a lot of merit. I did get half my money back, which was fair since I at least got 2 decent larger fish, but I also happen to work at a law firm and let it be known and I did comply with furnishing pics immediately after receiving the fish. Unfortunately, the cost of having an attorney even write a letter in many cases would be more than the fish bill! I was thinking that everyone should get together and file a claim against them with the Better Business Bureau or something. He really needs to be put out of business.

Connie

I once DID receive a fish from them and their (transport jars) though. It was a replacement fish for a DOA from a seller. They didn't tell me who the replacement fish was coming from and then the fish came from them. I must have lucked out since the fish was in pretty good shape and grew (was an adolescent) but from now on I won't get shipped fish anymore. (too many things happen and too many variables , plus I like to see what I'm getting before I pay for it!) I never intentionally ordered any fish from them though.

Tina

Smile Re: anyone order from somethingsphishy?

Oh my god you are all telling my story. But I will say I did order a small order under $200 just to see what came out of it and He did reimburse me for the one DOA I must say. He did try, the funny part is the jar thing and the quality of the fish.

Could we now tell him to are the best sellers to consider from sponsors to non sponsors.
    Last edited by Fern; 09-29-2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: misspelled

Real Name
    Debbie Patterson

Every fish I have ordered from them dies with in 6 months with no explained reason.... I have fish from other sources that are reaching 5 years old... Please do not order from them...Check sources here on Simply...

Debbie

Registered Member

i totally agree with everyone else, got a so called pair of white diamonds sent in plastic pickle jars. when i got them in the tank the female had swim bladder disease, tried treating her she died a couple days later and the male made it about a month and died. very bad experience, e-mailed never a response. Derrick

Registered Member

I received 12 mixed fish from him on last Friday and none of them lasted 3 days. I had a biologist friend autopsy the fish and they died from ich of all things and were over all very bad fish.

Just to clear things up the fish did not get ich from my tank as it was a new tank and used ro water and followed his directions to the letter. I sent the guy several e-mails and he stated that his fish were not substandard and were healthy when they left and proceeded to tell me that my friend that has over 50 years exp in the field was wrong.

This guy is a piece of work. I offered to pay shipping on replacements and he said no way then he offered to split the cost of the fish and I said no way. He then retracted his offer and is refusing to do anything about it so he thinks he won. I informed him that I will simply reverse the charges on my card and he stated "that once he got the charge back he would fight it and win because he has done that before"

But sadly to say he did not stop to think to ask me what I do for a living ( attorney )

Registered Member

I don't really care about the money spent I feel sorry for the poor fish. The guy claims to be the largest distributor of discus in the US but the guy is only a joke. I have kept fish for may years and have had and still keep discus so it is not like I don't know what I am talking about myself but these poor fish all suffered even though I tried to treat them and save them they all passed on and it is the fault of this guy. You would think that he would learn his lesson and get out of the fish breeding business

Registered Member

Yeah I get that alot lol. I have never seen anything like these fish in my life. If I would have known all of this was going on by other people I would have never used his service. I can have the charges reversed but that will not teach the guy a lesson and if he is doing this to everyone then he really needs to be put out of business IMO We have laws against things like this but he seems not to care.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast