ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: somethingsphishy feedback

Registered Member

Default Re: SomethingsFishy

That is unusual for two people from the same small rural area to be on the same forum. I too grew up and went to school in Pierson. I am a fourth generation Pierson family. My great grandfather was Nels Pierson who was one of the two brothers for who the town was named after.

Registered Member

I bought five discus from this place earlier this year to try to save a few bucks and hoped for at least decent fish. It was a really bad experience and found out the hard way that it's worth spending some extra money on good quality discus. Don't buy anything from Somethingsphishy; horrible customer service, bad quality discus, pricey shipping, I can go on and on. Oh and all of the pics of the discus he sells are not of discus his place sells, hey are all internet pics that multiple sites use.

Smile Somthings Phishy????

I am planning on getting about six Discus. There are no places around where I live that sell Discus, so I started searching the web and I found Somthings Phishy. Is this an okay source to by ealthy Discus? From the reviews people send in it sounds alright.

Registered Member

Default Re: somethingsphishy feedback

Guys watch out for somethingsphisy. Just got ripped off They can change your order and send you totally different stuff
    They freaking close my account. Funny as hell! They act like they choose the customer!lol

Registered Member

Default Re: Somthings Phishy????

And he can close the account you created at anytime so you won't have time to warn other people on his site! I just saved 7 little discus from him! Proud of myself.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by collister View Post
    I am planning on getting about six Discus. There are no places around where I live that sell Discus, so I started searching the web and I found Somthings Phishy. Is this an okay source to by ealthy Discus? From the reviews people send in it sounds alright.
    Don't. They send me wrong fish and I complain. Next day account was closed. Very bad ppl!!!

Real Name
    Joshua

I have read this thread and I'm shocked to find negative reviews... I'm happy that I found out because I was going to order again. I ordered 4 discus to add to my tank and all 4 are living and growing nicely save 1 which was a runt (agree with quality issues). Just thought I share 1 good story

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by collister View Post
    Wow I could not believe all the bad reviews the site got!!!!! Amazing there is not one bad review on his actual website.
    Keith Titus, the owner of Somethingsphishy, deletes all negative reviews and then blocks you from his site. Sorry, but no one gets %100 positive reviews.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by wild4discus View Post
    Keith Titus, the owner of Somethingsphishy, deletes all negative reviews and then blocks you from his site. Sorry, but no one gets %100 positive reviews.
    Sorry have to disagree with you on that, I've a 100% positive positive on my store www.discusfishstore.com and believe me I don't even know HOW to delete a negative one lol.
    I can give you a very trustworthy witness who can confirm this lol my webmaster

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Exclamation Re: somethingsphishy feedback

DO NOT BUY DISCUS FROM SOMETHINGSPHISHY!!! This place sells discus that are sick infected with the discus black diseases or discus plague disease!!! My entire discus collection is all gone because of this place selling sick ill discus!!!
    His feedbacks are positive because he deletes the negative ones!!

Do not ever buy any fish from him unless u want to lose all your fish and have to disinfect everything and clean up everything like some virus outbreak to your fish aquarium collection!!!

*** Please only state what you have first hand knowledge of. What he pays for fish is not likely in that category. Also keep it professional -- Len
    Last edited by Len; 03-05-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Leonhard,

sorry for the bad experience you had and if you can see in posts over here on the forum, it seems they delete the bad reviews.

Now there are companies who sell Discus, that are close to perfect, do things go wrong? o yeah sure, but as a seller you need to try to solve those problems in the best way (where possible)

If you look here: http://discusfishstore.com/catalog/reviews.php you can see perfect is possible and I can guarantee you there is not messed with those reviews (heck don't even know how to do that lol)

Hans
    Hans,

you need to sue the guy from somethingphishy. He uses the exact format of your website, even the review page! All of my years shopping online/in-store, I have never seen anything like it.

By the way, I should thank you for bringing me into this hobby. I watched an interview that KGTropicals did with you and it made me feel so much more comfortable with discus and decided to give them a try. I've always admired you and hope to meet you one day before you get too old lol

I purchased 3 discus from somethingphishy, and for the first time in my life I bought something without googling them first. I was very nervous when I read some reviews here, probably 6 pages of it. The more I read, the more I was scared.

The discus arrived in poor condition, assuming from traveling. I slowly acclimated them into my QT tank. Two of them were healthy and swam around the tank within an hour. The third one was having swimming bladder problem and is a bit stunted. I did not jump the gun and dump medications on him with an exception of a 20 minutes Epson salt dip, and that was the best decision that I've ever made. I did water change regularly and use a bit of aquarium salt to help recover. The fish is now swimming normally and is eating like a pig.

I think my experience is much better than many others and I feel very lucky that I dodged a bullet.
    Last edited by XAnhLe; 09-01-2014 at 03:46 AM.

As you can see almost everyone that has had experience with this seller has had an overwhelmingly bad one. I purchased five and found the following.

1. Sickly runted fish, four of the five died even after being treated for bacterial infection. The one survivor, a Red Turq, is stunted.
    2. Fish that seemed to be juiced (hormones), methyl testosterone to induce premature coloration. Dangerous to the fish and unethical.
    3. The fish delivered had very little or nothing to do with what was advertised on the site. These appear to be C grade fish, the seconds and leftovers, that are juiced to be more viable. They are essentially junk Discus.
    4. I tried to challenge the credit card payment but was unsuccessful.
    5. Delivered to my home address but picked up from the post office, in the winter, this was after I gave them my work address.

NO, I would never purchase from this seller again and would advise all others to stear clear.
    Last edited by DISCUS STU; 02-19-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    You are right the name should have given it away. After my 1st purchase and experience I should have known but I always try to have faith in people.

I new better but I decided I would give them another shot and ordered $198.42 of Discus from them, I paid them directly through PayPal. That's when I found out they had banned me. Not long after making the payment I received a refund from PayPal for my payment and at the bottom it stated "Banned Customer". Unbelievable, even after my first experience I gave them a 4 out of 5 star rating.

I have gone back and looked, my review was never posted. But if you want to check out their reviews they are about 99.9% 5 star, I could only find two 4 star reviews. No body is that perfect.

Buyer beware if you do business with these people.
    They are obviously writing their own reviews and crowding out the bad ones which would be the 99.9% of the real reviews.

Why you would go back to purchase again after your original bad experience, similar to my terrible experience, is beyond me and makes no sense.

I noticed ALOT of old posts about the "jars" and "stunted" fish and "dead" or "dying" Discus. Maybe that was true then, but I've had nothing but great luck with his fish. Nice, round, good finnage and colors appropriate for age. Ever eat at a resturant and were not pleased with the food, service or atmosphere? Did you ever go back. Because things change, different chef, different waiter and a different general feel to the place. Same thing has apparently happened to SomethingsPhishy. Great packaging, working heat packs, double bagged with opaque high mil liners to keep the Discus calm and prevent from sticking a dorsal spine through the bag.
    Give it another shot
    Woodduck10969411_546728322097000_107803399_o.jpg
    Over 50 years in fish and it still feels brand new!! Woodduck

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast