AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: somethingsphishy feedback

Default Re: somethingsphishy feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Elliots View Post
    Mike, everything Kalelhawj says is true. If you have a SD sponsor near you try them!
    +1
    Nothing will work unless you do. ~John Wooden
    Caleb

Registered Member

Hello to all the community:

I just want to say Thanks to everyone who has posted, sharing their experience with somethingsphishy.com. I have a new 72 gallon aquarium, that will be my returning back to the aquarium hobby, during my life I always want to have Discus but I never had the aquarium with the size plus the time and money to have a decent place for this lovely Fish...... Well seems now is the right time, so all your information help me to STAY AWAY FROM SOMETHINGSPHISHY

Thank you all

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Guys, I am deleting the posts regarding Matt since those posts were made in error.
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 08-26-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Thanks Pat. Matt's a good guy and just made the mistake of picking a name that is too similar to the bad one.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
    Thanks Pat. Matt's a good guy and just made the mistake of picking a name that is too similar to the bad one.
    Yes please do delete those posts, I apologize to everyone for confusing the two. Rookie mistake. I would hate for his rep to be tarnished over my ignorance.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Pat

Thanks Larry and Jack, taken care of

Registered Member

Default SomethingsFishy

Has anyone had any experience buying Discus from this seller?

Real Name
    Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: SomethingsFishy

There's only been like 100 threads on them.
    - Dan

Registered Member Madaboutdiscus's Avatar

Ive heard not good things. Friend of mine bought some. They came with a disease and wiped out all her discus.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Registered Member

Thanks for the replies, I have looked at a lot of threads on them. I just didn't want to state anything negative about them until I got some information from fellow aquarium keepers.

I am 65 years old and have kept aquariums for over 50 years and have never experienced anything like this. I have made many friends over the years in the hobby and have successfully kept everything from simple freshwater aquariums to full blown reef aquariums but I have never ran into any business like this one. My current aquarium is 220 gallons, live plants (mostly Anubias) and my first attempt a Discus aquarium.

My experience was much like those who replied to my question. I purchased a couple of larger discus from them a few weeks ago and experience a delivery of two discus smaller than ordered and in poor condition. When I contacted them they wanted me to remove the already sickly fish from quarantine and lay them a ruler and photo them, seeing as how the fish where already emaciated and sickly I didn't want to further stress them. I contacted them back and received no reply.

Later I tried to log back on to the account I had to create to purchase my Discus only they find they had banned me as a customer.

I like the others before me would definitely encourage anyone to stay away from this seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Name
    Pat

WOW, I have never heard of banning a customer. You might consider checking out the sponsors here. You will not be disappointed.

Registered Member

You are right the name should have given it away. After my 1st purchase and experience I should have known but I always try to have faith in people.

I new better but I decided I would give them another shot and ordered $198.42 of Discus from them, I paid them directly through PayPal. That's when I found out they had banned me. Not long after making the payment I received a refund from PayPal for my payment and at the bottom it stated "Banned Customer". Unbelievable, even after my first experience I gave them a 4 out of 5 star rating.

I have gone back and looked, my review was never posted. But if you want to check out their reviews they are about 99.9% 5 star, I could only find two 4 star reviews. No body is that perfect.

Buyer beware if you do business with these people.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post

I have gone back and looked, my review was never posted. But if you want to check out their reviews they are about 99.9% 5 star, I could only find two 4 star reviews. No body is that perfect.

Buyer beware if you do business with these people.
    Leonhard,

sorry for the bad experience you had and if you can see in posts over here on the forum, it seems they delete the bad reviews.

Now there are companies who sell Discus, that are close to perfect, do things go wrong? o yeah sure, but as a seller you need to try to solve those problems in the best way (where possible)

If you look here: http://discusfishstore.com/catalog/reviews.php you can see perfect is possible and I can guarantee you there is not messed with those reviews (heck don't even know how to do that lol)

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Leonhard, slightly off topic, but I grew up in Seville and went to school in Pierson! It's amazing to see someone from such a small town here. If you ever want to do a combined order with a sponsor, I may be interested in splitting shipping.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast