ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: somethingsphishy feedback

Registered Member

Default Re: somethingsphishy feedback

Whatever it is, I would stay away from buying from somethingphishy. When I was back in malaysia, I spoke to one of the former breeders. Basically, the wholesalers would come in and just buy everything in bulk for cheap. They don't care if the fish were sick/deformed etc as long as there was color on the fish. This guy is obviously one of the receivers of such shipment.

Real Name
    Julian

I guess . I was lucky before I found Simply I guessing before 2009 . I bought from them and even has an spawn from a female within days no wrigglers though, to me they were the best thing until I found simply sponsors and they weren't using the so call jars at that time.
    Last edited by Pardal; 05-12-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Default SomethingsPhishy

Att: To those who doubt
    A lot of people do some nasty bashing on this forum. I bet some of you have never even tried SomethingsPhishy.
    Well I have, and with great luck. Maybe some of you don't no how to treat a fish that's been shipped a couple of times before
    it hit's your front porch. It's not easy but you can learn to see all your fish grow up nicely.
    You should think about giving people respect until you know they dont' deserve it.
    I have over 40 of his Discus, and with every other day water changes and great diet, I'm proud to say there's not a clamped fin
    in the house.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm on a limited budget and can't
    afford, nor do I want to, buy fully adult fish. To me, that's like buying a classic car that's already restored. Not my style.
    Attached is a pic of a 6.5" Fire Dragon I grew out from 2".
    I hope this thread is taken with an open mind and without malice. It's not meant to offend. The best of luck to all on Simply Discus, enjoy your fish!
    Never say never.
    Woodduck20150630_120630_resized.jpg
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 06-30-2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Removed sponser references as thread is not about sponsor
    Over 50 years in fish and it still feels brand new!! Woodduck

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Luis

Angry Worst experience ever

Worst experience ever
    A very bad customer service.
    I ordered six discus fish, but one arrived very sick and died on day later, 5 others get sick and looks like they are going to die.
    When I made the claim they indicated that they only cover DOA. No matter if a sick fish was shipped and subsequently die.
    When I replied to them that I’ll write a review on the page, they canceled my account, also deleting my order so I cannot make further claims. Very clever.
    I do not recommend for anyone to make a purchase from this site. You will be wasting your money on fish that will end up dying in a few days.
    Last edited by lpacheco; 08-07-2015 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Correction

Registered Member

So I bought this and one other Discus fish. It came late the following day, at about 6:00 PM. In December, so it was fairly cold out. The UPS guy brought me the package, and I opened it before signing, to make sure they were there and well. I opened them up, and they were both dead. The bag the fish were in was freezing, so I'm assuming the water was as well.
    I asked the UPS delivery guy what he thinks I should do at this point since I didn't order dead fish. They suggested refusing the shipment, so I agreed.
    I then emailed customer service, asking for assistance. I was told since I refused the delivery I couldn't get a refund or anything. I was told it says in the guarantee that I need to sign for it. I re-read the guarantee and it didn't say I had to accept them. I had to open immediately and try to acclimate them. But, if they are dead, acclimating them wouldn't work.
    As I wasn't sure what to do for a few minutes with the delivery guy, I didn't notice the gills move at all.
    Pretty disappointed. I have ordered from SomtheingsPhishy before, an this is definitely the worst.

Registered Member

Had a terrible experience with these guys. Signed up for next day shipping, and got them the next day in the evening. Fish had been in the cold truck all day. The water was frozen and the warming pack seemed damaged. I checked, and the fish weren't moving or even slightly breathing. I refused them. Now they refuse to give me a refund because I didn't accept the package.

Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyfins View Post
    Had a terrible experience with these guys. Signed up for next day shipping, and got them the next day in the evening. Fish had been in the cold truck all day. The water was frozen and the warming pack seemed damaged. I checked, and the fish weren't moving or even slightly breathing. I refused them. Now they refuse to give me a refund because I didn't accept the package.
    I have to say I'm really bummed out for you. What a really lousy company they must be. I'll never order from them based on your feedback alone.
    .................................................. .........................

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericNH View Post
    I have to say I'm really bummed out for you. What a really lousy company they must be. I'll never order from them based on your feedback alone.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I just can't believe their customer service.

Silver Member

Omg, I dealt w/the same problem everyone has on here w/them back then. I purchased a few fish that arrived in bad shape, some oblong instead of round and some did not even look like it's gene but worst, one of these fish was actually deformed and had his tail bone protruding his body that you must of been blind not to see.... Well to make a long story short, when he was contacted, he never asked to see the picture of the fish nor did he offer any kind of reimbursement or credit and the fish ended up dead a couple days later so I had nothing to go on with but let it go. But I know I would Never, Ever want to do business w/them again! Hence the name "Somethingsphishy".
    Also, RFTtropicalfish is also up there on the same list! Beware and save yourselves people, Do Not Buy!!!!!

Registered Member

Default Re: anyone order from somethingsphishy?

Quote Originally Posted by lhforbes12 View Post
    DON'T DO IT! IMO that is the worst place to get discus PERIOD, worse even than an lfs. Horrid stunted and/or diseased fish I got from them. I purchased 6 what they called "Royal Blue Emperor" or something, everyone else on planet Earth calls them Red Turquoise, except one happened to be a Cobalt. 3 of them promptly died within a day. Two ended up being somewhat acceptable fish and the other, while pretty, is stunted (he is now almost two years old and not quite 5") I also paid extra to have a morning delivery and got an afternoon one.
    Im just starting this read so maybe my question will be answered but what place are we talking about?

Registered Member

Ok never mind lol read the title properly ☺

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Monica

Thumbs down Re: somethingsphishy feedback

I bought three fish from him last year. They were smaller ones. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them to last more than 3 months. They all died on me. The smallest that I bought didn't last long [pair of weeks]. I didn't have any luck with his fish. I wouldn't recommend his Discus as they just don't seem to have a lot of staying power. I'm local and close to him so I'd hoped that would be less stressful on the fish, but they just weren't durable.

Registered Member

Thanks for my brother, I would have saved a potential headache. I'm new to the discus world. I decided to try my hands on discus after seeing my friend's aquarium. I saw their cheap price at their website and great reviews. I was about to order until my brother recommend to check this forum about them. I'm glad I joined this forum learned more about raising discus just going through this forum (and places NOT to buy good discus). I was easily fooled by great reviews on their site. I know better.

This is a great forum for beginners like myself.

Thats bad.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213