ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: somethingsphishy feedback

Default Re: somethingsphishy feedback

Hi all,
    Just a reminder... Please share your positive and negative experiences here with this seller...but Please keep the comments down to first hand experiences..

Thanks,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Well I did order from them hoping to get a deal. WRONG! Ordered 8 Discus 3 died within 12 hours 4 had some sort of bacterial infection and died 4 days later on the bright side I have one left it doing well but not eating much. Mail ordering fish seems to be real hard on them, most had nothing but bones for dorsal fins. Will I order by mail again probably not. Wish I would have found Simply Discus sooner.

Hi all,

Sounds like I got lucky. I ordered 3 discus from something phishy. One did die within a couple days. The other one was pretty sick but I rescued him (a blue diamond) and he still has a scar but has grown tremendously and is doing great. I am actually attached to this fish. I just hope he does not die...The last one (a mandarin) was NOT what I had ordered (!!!) but is doing okay. I think a bit stunted though....not growing very fast... Still, I quarantined these fish for almost 6 weeks because they were pretty sick when I got them...Better stay away!!!! Like somebody else mentioned, he had forgotten to ship my order so I tried to cancel it and could not. This place is not together at all. Never ordered plecos from him and will never order anything from him again.

Sophie

Registered Member

Hello.. I had the misfortune of buying 10 discus. He sent the first five on time and there was a delay sending the next group. When I finally got a hold of him to complain, he admitted that he was shorthanded and would send me an extra discus. He did but later 2 were sick and 4 died. I wouldn't buy from him again. A year and a half later, I have 6 discus from him. I wish that I knew about simply discus before. Although, I feel fortunate compared to the other posters with worse experiences.

Registered Member

No matter the deal, ordering from somethingsphishy is simply not worth it. I ordered 5 discus from him before I found this feedback. They arrived and I was scared to death to open the box because it reeked of dead fish. All five were alive but covered in Ich, two of the five have fungus all over their fins. One has a huge hole in its eye. Altogether my experience with somethingphishy has been horribly. I strongly recommend steering clear of this discus mill in Florida. His operation should be illegal and shut down in my opinion. I wish I had spent my money elsewhere.

Registered Member

Smile Re: somethingsphishy feedback

I have had the same bad experience with these clowns. I ordered ten fish and all died within in two days. I have never seen fish in such bad condition. I never did get my money back either. I decided to order from Cary Strong at Great Lake Discus. These fish were the best I have ever ordered online. Cary is a great and will answer any questions you have is cares about the fish and the customer. Great guy.

Registered Member

Default Re: somethingsphishy feedback Good news and Bad

Good news first I got my money back for the bait I bought from somethingphishy. Bad news is I've lost the fish. It started with ICH and fungus into ended in HITH quickly. Their heads turned into hamburger within three days. Gave it my best shot though. Water changes, meds and even tried mouth to mouth on one of them. Just kidding.
    Having this happen leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I really wish I would have found this feedback earlier. Nice thing about this forum is that I was able to use it for examples to show how many people have gotten screwed by this guy. And if your purchase was through a bank they will most likey go to bat for you. And if there are enough complaints made, VISA might drop him as a vendor. I'm not giving up though! I will find some quality fish this time and get my long over due fish room started after longing for it for ten years.
    Thanks for reading.
    Cheers

Registered Member

Wink Re: somethingsphishy feedback

this guy is no-good i got seven discus from him, poor fish
    were so sick my tanks are clean i know it was not me.
    they all died they could not stay off of the botton of the tank and would
    not eat.

Registered Member

Default Any good exp. with Something Phishy?

Pulled the trigger early, and placed an order from them, then did a search...... Saw some real winning reviews, and now I'm a bit scared.

They seem like decent people, from my chat with them, but apparently their fish are very poor, and often die hours/days after arrival?

I am really hopefull that someone here has had a decent exp. with them!

Thanks,
    Chris

Registered Member

Default Re: Any good exp. with Something Phishy?

I wouldn't call my experience good, but I think it's better than some other's I've heard of...

I ordered 5 fish about a year ago, they all arrived alive, but 2 died within a few weeks. The other 3 are still alive. One just won't grow (I call him Bonsai) past 2". One was an "assorted discus," and the other 2 don't seem to resemble any of the fish I picked out. One has chipped eyes.

They are very pretty fish and since I don't breed and just have them to enjoy I like them very much. Now that I know a bit more about discus I have some other very nice quality fish, but my little somethings phishy guys still get their spot in the tank.

good luck!

Corinne

About a year ago i got 8 asst discus from Something Phishy and around 3 months later I was down to just one so i picked up a couple from an lfs. Now some of the casualties can be attributed to my own inexperience but within a few weeks the last one died. The two I got from my lfs? they are doing great. Big fat and healthy.
    I have not had any more deaths since the last of that first 8 died. (knock on wood)
    Would I recommend Something Phishy? I don't think so!
    Try ANY of the sponsors here and you will have much better luck.
    At any rate I do wish you luck and hope you do better.
    Ray

Real Name
    Mike

Bad move. Once things go down hill, you will not be able to contact them. I have not owned any but I have seen some with my own eyes and my friend who had them realized she should never take the chance and mix them with any of her others. They either died, never grew or were sick shortly after arrival and then never grew. With so many quality sellers these days (like here in the sponsors section), no reason to take your chances with people like that. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you skimp on price or dont research the breeders feedback first, you will most times get it bad in the end. Keep us informed and do post pics.

Registered Member

Fish are set to arrive on Tuesday. I keep alot of exotic fish around here, and haven't lost any in a LONG time. Really stinks thinking that I may recieve 5 Discus just to see them die off. Anyway, I will post pics, hope all goes well. At least Discus are relatively cheap, and the financial impact isn't major. Shoulda spent more time on here.... Just would hate to see these guys die.....

Thanks,
    Chris

I ordered from Keith at Somethings Phishy. I ordered 4 total, two 4" Discus and two 2.5" Discus.

1. They arrived a week early, in a snow storm, totally unexpected even though I had a confirmed arrival date, for a week later.
    2. Water in their stupid jars was a bit below 60 degrees.
    3. One of the 2.5" fish died right away, the other was flat on its side, where it remained for the rest of its life, another 14 mos.
    4. The two 4" fish were nice, but one, my PB, had gill flukes that took me awhile to get rid of. The other, my BD, was stunted.
    5. The two 4" Discus have grown, my BD is larger, but still a stunted Discus, however she is a pretty decent BD with nice color. My PB is just a small Discus, doesn't really seem stunted, just a smaller Discus (about 5" SL), also not the best shaped, has a sort of straight forehead, but I've seen lots that were worse.

I contacted Keith by email immediately upon the arrival of the fish, and I attached pics of the ill ones. He did refund half of my total price, including shipping, but I think its because I made sure to contact him immediately, and made sure to include the pics. Also, since they shipped a week early on top of it all!

However, I would never order from them again, you just don't know what you'll get. It's just not worth it.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Registered Member

Already not looking good. He was supposed to give me tracking info. today, but I cant seem to reach him. Hopefully he shipped them out, tomorrow is the only day I have arranged to be here for delivery.

I guess if they dont show I can cancel and hopefully find a local breeder, or try one of the sponsers here....

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast