ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Always something with these fish

Default Always something with these fish

Well, last nite was interesting.. my Via Aqua 3600 pump (from the R/O water tubs) suddenly quit & of course "after" I had dumped the water out of the tanks. Tore it apart & the impeller was in pieces. Now, I had just taken down the wet/dry from the 90g & put up an AC500, so I thought I'd just use that pump, a mag 7 Danner. But, had no fitting for the 3/4" garden hose I use to transfer water. I had just about given up, but after about 2 hrs (I'm slow) managed to figure out a "jerry-rig" with cut pieces of plastic hose & fittings I found in the extra "pieces pile" Now, I can't complain, this VA pump has worked hard for a very long time, but I sure would like to find an impeller, the motor works fine. The mag 7 is even older but works well also, just needs fixtures...so guess I'm off to Home Depot & lowes today to try to make a more reliable "fix"........always something, lol, & why does it always happen just before you're ready to leave for a few days or late at nite when you're sooooo tired, Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Registered Member

Default Re: Always something with these fish

its call Murphy's law..remember: what can go wrong will go wrong at the worst time..it's my life....lol

Dottie... I think it's time to change your name to "MacGyver"!

Judi
    There's two dates in time that they'll carve on your stone, and everyone knows what they mean.
    But what's more important is the time that is known, as that little dash there in between.

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

I'd buy an extra pump to have on hand. I keep one in each barrel to save time