AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !!My First Pair!!

Default Re: !!My First Pair!!

Good plan! It may take them a bit to adjust to the new digs, so don't be surprised if they don't spawn again for a while.

Judi
    There's two dates in time that they'll carve on your stone, and everyone knows what they mean.
    But what's more important is the time that is known, as that little dash there in between.

Good Luck with your pair, someday when I get my tanks all setup and the discus stock you might want to come and visit, I am in lexington too and just got interested in Discus about 3 or 4 months ago.
    Best of luck,

roberto.

Registered Member

do you think they will be fine with 50 percent of my planted tank water and 50 percent new water with 2 sponge filters that have been in my planted tank a while?

Registered Member

roberto send me some pictures or tell me where your breeding place is and i'll come visit since i got room for two more fish now that im moving my pair out. any response to my last post anbody anybody?

Real Name
    Willie

Jamie;

There is virtually no bacteria in the water. When I move fish from tank to tank, the new tank gets fresh water. When you move old water, you're just adding ammonia, etc. to the new tank. If you're concerned about the nitrogen cycle, then you need to bring a filter sponge over. That's where all the bacteria reside.

Willie

Registered Member

thanx

Registered Member

finally after many unsuccesful attempts i got the pair into a bag they are acclimating right now. i turned the lights off for them. they werent to happy about leaving the big tank. any other tips.

Registered Member

i got them acclimated and released them. i have draped towels over the tank. they seem to be doing fine.

Jamie, like I said I just got interested in Discus and started to buy Discus stock. I plan to have four tanks with juveniles . I am not breeding or have breeding stock.

Good luck with your discus,

roberto.

Registered Member

ok cool.

Registered Member

Just make sure to use water from your community tank to get the new one started and not "shock" your pair. By the sound of it, when they are alone in their own tank they will produce alot of babies for you.
    Good Luck Jamie!

Tom

Registered Member

i moved my pair on monday to the 29 gallon bb tank. today is thursday and they spawned again on the heater i have a spare they are doing very nicely. is the one with a larger breeding tube the female. i'll keep y'all updated

Registered Member

pictures sometime soon

Registered Member

hi Jamie

sounds like you have a similar scenario as me.......... I moved my pair that spawned in comm tank to their own private 90m litre.

they have spawned in there twice but ate them after 48 hours ( bummer)...... where as in the comm tank they got to wrigglers twice.

They have spawned in total 7 times........ so I am confident

The first spawn in the new tank was 48 hours after moving so they seem happy.

cheers

poppy

Registered Member

this is there third spawn. 2nd spawn in the breeder tank. the first one in the planted tank was the best it had four wigglers the second one in the breeder tank was unsuccesful the eggs were eaten there was something wrong with the eggs they were clear. im keepin my fingers crossed for this one hopefully it will go nicely. is the one with a larger breeding tube the female?would you reccomend using methylene blue? the bootle says it can be detrimental to biological filtration.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast