ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Contemplating major changes at SimplyDiscus...

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Re: Contemplating majors changes at SimplyDiscus...

Well...my two cents...........

I think this site is awesome and very simple to use. DAAH has a Buyer Feedback System and it is very interesting to read however, a business can not please everyone, someone, somewhere will be disappointed, and an upset customer will post EVERYWHERE, then there goes someone's rep, unless he is well liked and respected in the community~

Al, is right when he says this place has a 'homey' feeling to it! I have learned so much here and everyone is fun, nice and very helpful~

I do not know if it is necessary to have oodles of people here or if that is the main objective, i do know why fix something if it isnt broke? But i do not see the whole picture i am sure~To ask opinions here, you will get 101 answers!

Only the ones that have the Discus in their heart and not their pocket, will know how to proceed~

IMO~

Marie~

Real Name
    Mike

I am one of the newer member of simply discus (Oct 05). I never realized that there were so many others out there who have a passion as crazy as mine and even more so in some cases. The information provided from this sight and its members is very valueable. When you have a problem, you just type to someone with a great reputation and they respond to help out. THANKS SIMPLY FOLKS!!!!! I cant wait to create a fish room

As far as banners, I know that it gets irritating when you have to sift through numerous sites. You can open it to anyone because they will get weeded out fairly quick here once word gets out. Just from reading most threads, I have found who the popular, trusted, experienced, friendly and wise people are

(Cary, Barb, Carol) Just to name a few.

(by the way, thanks for all the help with disease prevention with my discus Barb and Carol)

I know there are more but those have been the ones to jump out at me. I wish I would have done more research and waited to purchase my discus from the reputable breeders here because I have spent 100's of dollars on fair fish in lfs. Last and only shipment from majestic was another mediocre transaction. You do get what you pay for.

I tried the chat thing and there never is many people there. I don think many people use it. Its funner to read the threads and reply.

I'm always checking aquabid.com for good deals but that is also where I had my mediocre first experience with fish delivery. Kinda made me skiddish to try again. Overall, 10 out of 12 fish are healthy now and I will do my best to grow em up right. Auctions are fun as long as you get some quality sellers.

Buy, sell or trade is the best thread if you are looking for discus and those who have the money already know what breeders to go to for quality discus.

Sorry so long, and thanks again for everyones patience and understanding!

Mike (Mikscus, my wife thinks I'm discuscrazy

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Mike~

You are not far from me!

Marie!

Banned

So, what finally happened here? Or did I miss it? That does happen to me quite often.

Mat

Uh Matt...that was an old thread my friend..like last year ...we did do a lot of changes..things like the university came out of it.

more changes are likely as well...but thats up in the air for now. I'll send you the memo when we figure it all out.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Banned

Talking Re: Contemplating majors changes at SimplyDiscus...

Hey, thanks, Al. Keep me posted. BTW, that's one t Mat. What ever happened to 2 t Matt, BTW?

Mat

Sorry mat with one T ,

The other matt hasn't been around in awhile..Matt Parsons..I remember he got out of discus...I think I heard he got married...and thats about it...Cary may know..

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345