AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: fish with hex?

Default fish with hex?

Well, got up this a.m. and while looking at the tank, saw long white stringy threads floating through the water. I had put some zucchini in last night for the plecos so that maybe that was it but caught one and it dissolves when I squished it. So, looks like hex? I had previously started a thread a couple of days ago but at that time, it was pleco turds.

Is it better to treat the whole tank or just the small guys? I haven't targeted who is expelling this white stuff. 90 gallon tank, 10 discus, 2 RB nose plecos.

I have a 10 gallon that I could use for the plecos or should I just pull the small discus and treat in this tank?

Thanks

Barb

Default Re: fish with hex?

Thank you, Kumlin. I have been staring intently at the tank watching everyone. Everyone else looks good and has dark or reddish turds. The little turq is not eating and I have yet to see anything come out of him. Not surprising seeing as how he's probably got very little in his stomach so nothing comes out.

So dosing the whole tank would be better just in case others have a mild case? I don't have Dimetronidazole. I do have Seachem Metronidazole. Is this okay or is what you recommended better? If I can find it to order, is that going to be too much of a wait? This fish has been not eating much for a month now.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

Barb

Default Re: fish with hex?

Thanks again, Kumar.

I've ordered more metro so I will have enough to do a full treatment. Got enough to do at least 3 days.

Plecos will go out while treating. What about plants (in pots) with the high temperature?

Barb