ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 2005 wild discus

Registered Member

Default 2005 wild discus

Hi,

What is the prediction on the quaility of this year wild discus? Has anyone previewed them yet? I don't even know where to order wilds these days. I used to get them from Alberto and Wildthing, DW. Now Alberto went MIA and Dave sold his business to Al, but Al no longer wanted to sell. I would be interested in knowing who is selling wild just in case I have a bad case of discus flu

David
    Last edited by David_Hui; 09-20-2005 at 11:05 PM.

Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: 2005 wild discus

Oliver from www.belowwater.com is the man !

Jess

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

Default Re: 2005 wild discus

ditto............check with Oliver or Al (Brewmaster)
    I had sent a note to Alberto and have not had a response.
    I talked to Oliver 2 weeks ago and he said that it is still early for wilds.

Jim

David,
    Should you get that Flu there will always be some Cures for sale on the boards, but I forwarn you..I think the wild prices will be much higher this year...If not for any other reason than the transportation costs from there to here.. and then to you. That trend was already starting the last 2 years.. I see it only getting worse.

I have a bunch of wilds that I am currently "holding onto " I'll probably need to let some go though I would hate to do so.

Good luck,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I really hope someone in the USA gets in some nice wilds and sells them! Oliver has nice fish, but its not an option if you do not have an airport with Fish & Wildlife on site.

Registered Member

It's too bad higher price is due to transportion cost not for increased quality. Althought, I always get pretty good looking fish from Aquatechnics.
    Last edited by David_Hui; 09-22-2005 at 10:11 AM.

Registered Member

David,

Still a bit early for new wilds, should start picking up in a couple of months. I also suspect prices to rise and thats just based upon the price of fuel which has a direct cost relationship to import and export "overhead" cost! Also the Hurricane season and its after effects will have some impact IMO!, Im also pretty sure Alberto will get in some new wilds this season, and will post upon their availability, He has always been a great source of Peruvians, some Brazilians and heckels in the past and I do hope he has an offering this year as well. Its too Bad that Al isnt going to offer new wilds this year as the wilds that I purchased from him last year were of the highest quality!

Lynn

Oliver does have some wilds available (based upon the last price list he sent me for Sept), but Im sure they are last years stock and again he will "reload" when the season starts. IMO if an International Airport is with in a couple of hours drive, getting wilds from Oliver isnt really a big problem, Ive done it a couple of times and went pretty smoothly IMO.

Im like the rest of You wild enthusiast and cant wait to see what is offered this year,

Regards,
    Tad

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

just had a note from Alberto.................he's alive

jim

Alberto where you man! drop me a line!

Registered Member

I just picked up a Tefe red spotted discus from my L.F.S. last week, they said they were lucky because this was the first new stock available this year, but were soon expecting more varieties.