ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to measure discus?

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Re: How to measure discus?

[B]...she lives in California also...must be a California thing to call me a brat![/B]

Thatz cuz we are Cali Cool,

Hey I had this dream last night that my tank broke open and all my four discus, lol, splashed everywhere and my cats got them! It was horrible!

Hope that's not an omen! And no.. i do not look like that JM! much better infact~

JM, I put black paper on the back of my aquarium, so they would show up better, then ....i put more on the sides cuz i was thinking that the tv in my office was freaking them out with the fast images. Does that sound ridiculous or what? But i can see them now, and they are definitely trippin, JM, dashing, so Im thinkin they can see thru it??

Whatcha think, Brat??

Marie~

PS... JM, can we get in trouble for not talking about discus?? We should talk about discus, babe...or Plecos....stopping straying off subject, will ya?? lol......

Marie,
    My tank is in my bed room. I also have a TV that they can clearly see the movement on.
    I haven't noticed them react to images however, only when I move...mostly they come to the top thinking their going to be fed. So I would say that they are alert to their surroundings at the very least, which is probably a good sign, meaning they are healthy and happy.
    I know I have startled them a few times, but that can't be helped and they quickly get over it.

I have two backgrounds I use, the black one I slip on when I want to photograph them, the other is a lighter rocky formation that matches the larger round stones I have in the tank.
    I don't think they are seeing thru the paper, they don't come with x-ray eyes, unless of course your fish are from Krypton...oh, I must be straying from the Discus subject again...sorry. Am I in trouble yet???? And is there anything wrong with injecting a little humor here?

They might be freaking because of the sound or perhaps vibrations.
    I believe Disca and all fish for that matter have some hearing ability, and most defiantly a feel for vibrations.
    If any one knows for sure, please reply.

About dreaming of your tank breaking open and your cats feasting on them...I don't know, maybe it was something you ate, what did you have for diner last night?
    "Beep-Beep"

Hey Brat~

I had a bowl of rasberry sherbert before i went to bed! It was very good! I like humor...itz your fault we stray....lol

They sure can jam fast across to the other side of the tank! Sometimes i can hear them hit the inside, JM...and i feel it too! I have cbw coming from Dan today so they will be liking that, make no mistake.... How do you SLIP on your backgrounds? I have to tuck under all the heater and filter and shyt....so annoying, cuz i get water under it and it bugs me from the front view, so i have to take it off and its a pain!
    Itz tough being me, ya know?? lol!

Marie!

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

You could be like the folks on aquabid....take a long look at a four inch fish and swear he is 10 inches........

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Do they DO that over there??

Marie,
    The main back ground on my tank it attached along the top with good old shipping type tape, then a few pieces to hold it along the bottom.
    I remove the bottom pieces and slip the black background in and tape it to the sides of the tank...yes I have to lift the filter a little to do this.
    The heater wires should be easy to get around...well, at least I don't have a problem with it....but you cool girls from California might have a problem...LOL

(JM is hiding now)
    "Beep-Beep"

OK Marie, I'm out of hiding now....
    Have you measured your fish yet???
    "Beep-Beep"

I have not measured them, JM....I was waiting for my cbw to come today and they just got here. I have to have something to make them feel better after i plop them back in!

Why were you in hiding?? hmm.......... do tell, Brat...

Why were you in hiding?? hmm.......... do tell, Brat...[/QUOTE]

Well, if you really must know, my friend Carol would send thunder bolts thru e-mails and IM's (sound effect), it's more really online games and fooling around then anything else..she would often "run away" when she did it to me.
    So I would throw snow balls at her----------------O
    Mmm...I better not give you her e-mail address, your both in California...it would be dangerous to have you both together conspiring ageist me!!!
    "Beep-Beep"

I love snow!

Well, Brat, i am gonna go and do a wc now....and find a ruler! I am not sure i actually pick one up JM! I shall let you know how i did!

M~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12