AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: RO Replacement Membranes

Default RO Replacement Membranes

In my search for RO membranes at a decent price, I have so far come up with three sources.

http://www.reefgeek.com/products/cat...rs/104881.html
    www.airwaterice.com
    www.wateranywhere.com

I hth! Im not sure where the rest of the Canadians our getting their membranes so if there is anyone with more good sources, please post them. I tried to locally buy some membranes and I almost hung up in disgust. One place quoted me $130Cdn for 100gpd membrane. Sheesh! Must think Im stupid because I can buy 2 from the places above and still be cheaper after shipping, GST and broker charges. Go figure!
    In discus limbo atm! So much to do and so little time!

Default Re: RO Replacement Membranes

Go with Walter at AirWaterIce, he's been great to deal with. Fast shipping, and fantastic service.

EBAY Canada 100gpd R.O Membrane $42.00 C
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/REVERSE-OSMOSIS-M...QQcmdZViewItem
    George

We got our RO system and extra cartridges at really good prices (at least compared to others in the US) at a place in Canada! The company is called Aqua-Safe Systems in Richmond B.C. They're most easily found on eBay.com by searching using the words: Reverse Osmosis Maximus.

Many vendors claim that the membranes that they sell are the best available. We don't know who's right. Our dog seems to like shredding them all!

Colette's husband, John

Thanks for the info! Fyi, RandalB still has the best price btw!

Quote Originally Posted by ronrca
    I hth! Im not sure where the rest of the Canadians our getting their membranes so if there is anyone with more good sources, please post them. I tried to locally buy some membranes and I almost hung up in disgust. One place quoted me $130Cdn for 100gpd membrane. Sheesh! Must think Im stupid because I can buy 2 from the places above and still be cheaper after shipping, GST and broker charges. Go figure!
    I used to buy 100gpd membranes from http://www.appliedmembranes.com/ for $22 U.S. plus shipping.

Interesting! Their wateranywhere store has them at $54 (FilmTec Dow) unless you managed to become a dealer Dave! I did order from them last time and got nailed for broker charges from UPS. Not that its appliedmembranes fault however no USPS shipping.

Yes, I was/am a dealer. I was building RO units for resale. I never bought that much at one time, just enough stuff to build a couple of units. The membranes that I was buying were $44 on that site & I paid $22. There are no broker charges on UPS if you choose to clear customs yourself rather then having them clear it.

There are no broker charges on UPS if you choose to clear customs yourself rather then having them clear it.
    I have heard that as well however I have also heard that some ppl tried to do it themselves but it ended up UPS automaticlly did it despite them putting it into the computer and what not. O well! Im not going to be ordering that many anyways but its good to know when the time comes. Randal has always been good so Im not worried.

Thanks for the compliment Ron, but I am going to be away from the selling aspects for at least 6 months or so.

I am not adverse to setting up group buys if enough people are interested tho.

Meanwhile; www.buckeyefieldsupply.com has the cheapest Filmtec's i've seen on a commercial site. Walter is not bad either.

and to all:

Filmtec is the best. Period. If it ain't Dow Filmtec brand, stay away from it.

RandalB

Registered Member

RandalB

I agree with ya bro. I bought my Ro system from Russ at Buckeye Field Supply and i am happy to say that i would buy another from Russ(if i need it). He also has good customer service and is will to work with ya. Like i told him i need a booster pump. And he got one a gave to me at a competive price.

Thanks Russ