AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My "first-half" fishroom, done!

Default Re: My "first-half" fishroom, done!

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy
    Hi all - I have just finished the 1st half of my new fishroom in my garage and would like to share them with you fine people here. I totally love those PVC piping and the best thing is they are so cheap ($1.50 per 10 feet!) and you can cut to whatever size you see fit. Life is sooooooooo much easier now that WC are "semi-automatic" (I still have to turn the switch, anyone? :-) )

I would like to say that if I can build a fishroom on a median scale, I honestly believe many of you discus lovers can as well. (it's really not as difficult as I thought it would be) Initially, other than PVCs I really don't have much experience/knowledge as to where I should start. But by asking friends(construction field), workers from places like HomeDepot, and most of all - most of the members & experts here at SimplyDiscus.com, I was able to build a fishroom that I can honestly say that I am quite satisfied with. I want to sincerely thank all here that have given me a tip or 2 about the building of this fish room.

If I can be of any help to anyone who might have questions regarding how a fishroom can be built (I have to admit that I am no expert, but what I've learned from this project and from others' opinion), anyone is more than welcome to PM me or ask me on this thread. It's about time I need to contribute to simplydiscus.com and the discus hobby! (Thanks, Mikscus :-) )

Kenny
    great job Kenny

fish look real good...

be well
    AB

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Smile Re: My "first-half" fishroom, done!

Thank you AB. I know this fishroom wasn't "professionally built" but I do like it a lot. My back would have been "broken" long ago if I had to do WCs with buckets for so many tanks, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again, Kenny.

Registered Member

First of all... great setup! Couple questions though:

What kind of water storage do you have? How do you process your water? Filtration? How many steps does it take for you do do a WC?

Currently I just use rubbermaids to stablize the ph as I'm waiting for a 250g reatangular tall storage tank to arrive. I use Prime also since my water contains Chloramines. I also use 2 big air pumps(one for each stand) to power all the sponge filters in my tanks.

Regarding WC's, I first start siphoning the waste from all the tanks to the draining pipes, and then open the fill pipes (pvc) to fill back fresh water that's been stored/conditioned. As I said earlier it's not the most "modern" type of design but nonetheless it has helped me tremendously with so many tanks.

Thanks,

Kenny
    Last edited by Kenny's Discus; 12-06-2005 at 02:40 PM.

Thumbs up Re: My "first-half" fishroom, done!

Wow Kenny awesome job you did bud!!...I love your setup like that. Wish I was closer so I could come and see it and drool all over your floor LOL...over the floor drain of course.. Hell of a great job!!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Jarrod

Hello Jarrod - thank you. How's everything? Since you live in Oregon(like 10 hrs driving from here) you can drop by whenever you're around. BTW the floor drain is already RESERVED as of this moment :-0 but as you can see in my post there are still drainage openings if you know what I mean..........(j/k)

Take care friend and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year too!

Kenny

Thumbs up Re: My "first-half" fishroom, done!

Well Ken if I am ever down that way you can bet your bottom dollar I'll look you up...things are goin ok up here...be better if I could ever get my 55...lol...and I DO know what ya mean about the floor drain too!...ROFL...So Kenny you got a website set up or are you gonna put one up?...Have a great day!

Jarrod

WOW!! Kenny, nice job & beautiful fish... hope I can set-up a smaller version when I move to Tn in the next few months. Have the "fishroom" but not the ingredients yet, lol..... happy new year, Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Hi Dottie - thank you & Happy Near Year to you and yours too! It'll be my pleasure to help you with anything that I know(limited lol), and I might even be able to help you with the "ingredients" when I get the shipping set up!

Take care Dottie

Regards,
    Kenny

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

Very nice fish and set up.
    What kind of racks are those?
    Did you buy them?
    Make them?
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

Thanks Greg - I made those stands using 2x4's from Home Depot.

Thanks again
    Kenny

wow! that is alot of people's goal here too, maybe on a smaller scale for sure...that place looks like even the routine stuff would be fun. Great looking fish too!

continued success to you loverboy! cheers!
    Tim

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

Nice job on stands.
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

Again thank you Tim & Greg. I will post more pics of the fishroom when possible. Take care guys!

Regards,
    Kenny

That whole setup is fantastic ................ I can only hope to have something half as good when im setup.

And Kenny .............. I appreciate all your help you've been giving me.

Your the kind of people that make SIMPLY not just a fish forum ............ but a community and a great one at that!!

Thanx bud!

and i want to thank Mikscus also for hooking me up with you.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast