AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

Default Re: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

Marie,
    This could not have happened to a nicer person. A friend of mine put an add in Creiglist (do you know Creiglist?) that says "Wanted-Free Tanks". And guess what! HE gets them!!! He went out on friday and picked up a 40gal and has gotten at least 1 55gal that I know of. Give it a try. I know you have a car cuz you can't get a mega ticket without one
    Again, Congrats, you deserve it.

Kacey

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Kc~

That was so sweet, thank you!! A mega ticket??? aww.. man, thatz so messed up!! lol!! It was tho...trust me... Now I have to go to traffic school for another $64- !! I need to go on line and do it, as opposed to an all day Saturday school....That would kill me! Jeep, yes I am familiar with Craigs List...umm....but are they all not used?? See, they would leak on me, I know it~ I have a thing about used tanks and used cars....you are buying someone elses problems....ya know?? But I shall check it out~

Your right.... I am looking at another tank, and more fish?? I should have worked today... And they wanted me too at double time and a half....I worked Thanksgiving and made over $400- , something like that....but I am tired. And where I work, well it isnt the most pleasant place to be on this day~

Jeep~

I am addicted...ya think?? Hey, you won Frank's Discus, yes? He is a good man, Jeep~More than you know~ Congrats!!

Just~ a rubbermaid??? wow....lol!!

Candy~ I am talking to you right now!! But thank you...(about time)

April~ I'm gonna get a big head if you do not stop, woman.... You say the sweetest things, and you make me cry....once more~I miss my mom so much today, so I am quick to tears...

Barb~ You do have an accent, eh? I love that!!! I really do!! I so enjoyed talking to you....

We are off to the movies as a bunch of us go every Christmas!!! We are seeing Memorairs Of A Ghiesa...omg... that is so not spelled right, and I dont have time to fix cuz everyone is yelling at me and they are gonna turn off my computer!!! ...that lookz awful tho...Sorri!!

Merry Christmas!

Marie~

Marie I found you a tank in Midtown Sac if it's still available. Its a 100gal for $100.00 Should be about the right size for your new Discus if you can swing it. This tank was listed for sale on Friday the 23rd
    Moving, must sell 100 gal aquarium. 48"x13'X17h. First $100 takes it. 916-446-1939
    George

Registered Member

Sorry I missed this post. Been really busy with holiday stuff and work.

But a belated CONGRATULATIONS MARIE!!!

Have fun with the new Discus!

Your posts have been in inspiration to all of those new to Discus, and lots of fun for us old timers!

And Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Kwanza, and peace on earth and fairness and justice to all for every one.

Al Light
    Last edited by Alight; 12-25-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Was that your cell phone you were on while we were talking? My dime next time.

Oooo, excitement!! Another tank for Marie And George found you a 100 gallon too. Perfect!!

Sorry to tell you, Marie, but you are TOTALLY hooked on these fish, whether you realize it or not. You might as well surrender. The Dark Side has taken you over, girlie!

Hope you have a good time at the movies. And I don't blame you for not working today. Plus you need to relax and wind down after your whirlwind last couple of months!

.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Discusgeo2
    Marie I found you a tank in Midtown Sac if it's still available. Its a 100gal for $100.00 Should be about the right size for your new Discus if you can swing it. This tank was listed for sale on Friday the 23rd

Geo~ Thanks! ...but a 100gal?? omg...I shall call ..I just talked to her! And she still has it!! I will go and check it out tomorrow....It is not filled, as she is actually moving tomorrow.....It doesnt come with a stand tho...Do you think it could leak, Geo? 100gal!!! Isnt that like F* huge??? omg....

But that price...wow...THANK YOU SO MUCH, GEO!....I will let you know what happens...

Barb~ No worries, but thanks for thinking of that... I have free long distance on my cell. We do not have any long distance on the land line. Soooooooooooo.....I am hooked...whatz your point, woman?? lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Alight
    Sorry I missed this post. Been really busy with holiday stuff and work.
    But a belated CONGRATULATIONS MARIE!!!

Al Light

Uh huh....sure ya been busy!! LOL.. I thought you forgot all about me, Al~ I was sad. Thank You for the kind words...

I hope you had a great holiday!!!

Marie~

I don't think a 100 gallon is too much bigger than my 90? Maybe a bit longer? Mine is 4' long and the fish looked tiny in it when I first put them in there. Then as they started to keep growing it started to even out. I find with just the 6 in there now, with a couple of fake silk plants, 2 hydro sponges and the skim coat of sand, it looks comfortable now for them.

What are the measurements? And if it does leak, cleaning off the old seam beads of silicone and running a new bead will fix that but don't quote me, let someone more knowledgeable about fixing leaks help you on that! Plus someone here should be able to help you with what to look for when going to look at the tank, etc...

And if it all works out, you can finally put Splotches into a bigger tank and maybe sand and some plants! She won't know what to do with that huge a jump up, will she?

I hope it all works out and if not that one, there will be another coming along soon. Either way, you can still get a jump on cycling some new sponges in your existing tanks for the new arrivals. They come when?

.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Marie any tank may leak, even a new one. See if the owner will let you fill it up before paying for it. Take someone along with you to hold the hose making sure you don't get any water on the ground. If you do that you will see if it leaks once you start filling it. Maybe if she trust you to take the tank home and fill it up outside to check it. Pay for half and if if doesn't leak you can pay the other half when she come by if possible. As for the stand I am sure you can find someone to build one for you, how about your husband or boyfriend? Theres pleanty of places that show you how or get the Gorilla Rack, I have 10-100 gal tanks on them and 10-29 gal for pairs. If you get a 100 gallon tank you will never go back to the smaller ones, heck you may graduate to a 180 shortly.
    Last edited by Discusgeo2; 12-25-2005 at 09:19 PM.
    George

George George George......

180gal??? You are trippin, Sir! omg....don't even go there, please! lol! She said it doesnt leak....but what is she gonna say? umm...yeah it leaks all over the floor 2x a week! lol.....but she said it has been up for years with no problem.......soooooo......

You guys just love this dontcha??? Im thinking yes...lol...

Marie~

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and University Discus_KC's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jack

Marie,

Congrats to you on a very well received arard. You truly put smiles on the faces of those you come in contact with !!!! And you are also the "Queen" of the emoticons !!!!!

Great job !!!

Jack
    (816) 517-4529

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

Those measurements do not calculate to a 100 gallon tank.
    More like 46 gallon.

Moving, must sell 100 gal aquarium. 48"x13'X17h. First $100 takes it. 916-446-1939

Run the numbers at this link............

http://www.garf.org/calculators/Tank...Calculator.asp
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

Greg is right an I never bothered to check the gallons using a calculator. I just posted the sellers ad.
    George

Hey Marie,
    Thats funny. Greg and I were just talking last friday about how people selling tanks often think they are bigger than they realy are. Figures he'd be the one to notice it. I should have noticed as those are the exact dimensions of my 50gal. You can figure the gallons any rectanguler tank holds by multiplying the inside Length x Width x Hight and divide the total by 231. Call and offer them $50 since $1.00 p/gal is a fair price. You can buy a brand new 55gal for around $100.
    Good luck,

Kacey

Yeah that 100 gallon calculation is definately way off.

My 100 gallon is 60 x 18 x 21

You definately have to watch what people say they are.

I picked up the 29 gallon tank i got off ebay and thought i was getting a 30 gallon and found out later the 30's are 36" long and the 29 was 30" long.

Now i also not sure if the 55 i just got is not a 50 ..... lol.

should these measurements be taken on the inside or outside?

if outside should we measure overall measurements or just the glass measurements.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast