AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Re: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

Quote Originally Posted by hexed
    Ok,
    I sent Dan $35 to help cover the cost of shipping Marie's discus
    ******* I had to do it
    Enjoy your discus Marie!
    Love ya!
    Frank

Hey Frank~

Okay...letz recap, shall we? Here ^ you wonderfully donate $35 to help cover the cost of shipping my discus. BUT , if you were to scroll down, you stated you were donated $25-....the object isnt to keep raising the amount, Sir....

No more Please, I beg you....okay? I understand that these things, like the sponges, just over come you and you HAVE to do them...lol! You are so sweet Frank and I thank you very much! You like my word, eh? *******?? Well, i suppose you may borrow it from time to time~I borrowed one recently from Barb and April, didnt I girls?? eh?

I rec'vd your pm and responded~

Love Ya,

Marie~

oh, yeah..MY DISCUS ARRIVE TODAY FRANK!!

Marie~[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by candyl70
    Awww Frank!!!

You are soooo awesome to help Marie get her fish!!! I know she can't wait. You should be the next Angel!!!!

He may very well be C ! But then again....

SO MAY YOU, WOMAN!

Hi everyone,
    I'm back!! I voted today for January's Angel HAVE YOU!!!

VOTE TODAY! Send Barb the PM with your favorite person's name. Feel like I am voting for Discus Idol LOL!
    Frank

I'm taking it from the picture that Marie has voted!

Anyone else?

Tune in for the results live here on "Discus Idol" If your favorite doesn't win then you only have yourself to blame - you need to vote! Just PM Barb Newell with you choice

LOL This is fun!

Real Name
    Mike

images.jpg Count one more vote!!!

OMG...I belong in the "slow" group. LOL I wasn't on the site much in December because I moved. So now in the past couple weeks I've been reading all about Maries' new discus.

Until this thread re-appeared today, I had no idea what was going on. I had missed this all together. Congratulations, Marie. I didn't realize AT ALL what's going on here. The parents are georgous-it'll be so fun watching those babies grow up.

This is a nice idea and after reading this entire thread and everyone's generous offers to help Marie after Dan's generous donation of them....well, all I can say is, this is an EVEN NICER group of people than I thought!

Very cool!

Kristen

Thumbs up Re: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

I voted as well!

Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

Jarrod,
    Everytime I see your name I think of the TV show "The Pretender" LOL!

Don't forget to VOTE people!!
    Frank

I voted!!!
    Candy

Hi all,

I'm glad to see everyone is so involved in this activity.Its good to see you taking a look around at everyone that makes the site what it is.
    One thing I need to address though (yep..oh no its the dreaded exceptions, rules, goals and fine print)....

The purpose of this event was to recognize those that are angels on this forum... I wish I had fish to give away every month..we don't.. We had a generous donation last time...we may not this time or the next. The point wasnt the award...though those are fun to get...It was the public recognition....Lets not lose sight of that.

I will do my best to have an award... might be a t-shirt, mug, gift card etc...finances allowing...Fish when we can.....

I just want to make this clarification because I have plans to expand this program...to another group of members here... (more on that latter)

Basically this is something to have fun with.

thanks all,

Al,
    Prize Procurement and Fulfillment Manager
    Simplydiscus.com
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Smile Re: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

so did I...........finally this time lol.

Kenny

Thumbs up Re: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15
    Hi all,

I'm glad to see everyone is so involved in this activity.Its good to see you taking a look around at everyone that makes the site what it is.
    One thing I need to address though (yep..oh no its the dreaded exceptions, rules, goals and fine print)....

The purpose of this event was to recognize those that are angels on this forum... I wish I had fish to give away every month..we don't.. We had a generous donation last time...we may not this time or the next. The point wasnt the award...though those are fun to get...It was the public recognition....Lets not lose sight of that.

I will do my best to have an award... might be a t-shirt, mug, gift card etc...finances allowing...Fish when we can.....

I just want to make this clarification because I have plans to expand this program...to another group of members here... (more on that latter)

Basically this is something to have fun with.

thanks all,

Al,
    Prize Procurement and Fulfillment Manager
    Simplydiscus.com

Al....I think we all know it's not about prizes and stuff...It's all bout folks being wonderful and helpful with info and tips for me...to us Al...you are the top Angel on the forum for the mere reason of being the kind of guy you are to put all the effort andwork into making this the finest discus forum on the net...you along with all your moderators and sponsors and team members to me make the board the place that it is...if it wasn't for you all making the efforts and all then none of us would be here...

Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

AW shucks...

thanks Jarrod

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

If I could chime in here~

For me it so was not about winning fish not at all~ I was totally shocked and blown away when Barb pm'd me~I really thought she was contacting the wrong member or did not count the votes correctly~

I cried and I don't cry! Of course Barb showed that to everyone!! ( lol! I hope are you feeling better, woman!) But to think that a lot of people actually voted for me, well, that was pretty cool and something I will not likely to ever forget. I always thought people here looked at me like some fool that is never going to 'get it'.....And I know I ask a lot of dumb things...but that isn't going to change as I have always needed to know why something is happening and what it means, and some day I want to be able to help others here with confidence...

So, to win Dan's discus was an added bonus make no mistake about that....but it wasn't about that at all~

Jarrod you said it perfectly! Al and Ryan and The Jasons, and Jim, Ardan, Barb, April and Paul, all of them, make this site what it is and it has that calm, peaceful homelike feeling that is not found many other places.

So Vote Peoples!! There are some that so totally derserve it more than I ever did~

Marie~

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast