AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

Default Re: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

Aw, Marie you're making me blush!

bless you,
    Paul.

When's the drawing?
    I think it is a nice honor to be held by anyone because the members here vote for the Angel. Kinda like the the People's Choice Awards

but I like to call it DISCUS IDOL

don't forget to VOTE PEOPLE!

Frank

Question Re: Recognizing the Forum's Angels...

Quote Originally Posted by hexed
    Jarrod,
    Everytime I see your name I think of the TV show "The Pretender" LOL!

Don't forget to VOTE people!!
    Frank
    LOL...Frank I've never seen that show...I wonder if Pretender is tha same a Wannabe???...lol

Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

LOL Jarrod!

"The purpose of this event was to recognize those that are angels on this forum... I wish I had fish to give away every month..we don't.. We had a generous donation last time...we may not this time or the next. The point wasnt the award...though those are fun to get...It was the public recognition....Lets not lose sight of that."

Al,
    I wish I could donate discus but I do not know how to ship, that's why I gave all my babies I had away to those who could not afford to buy some but I knew would take care of them, like Kevin (diskboy)
    What I can do is put $10 a week aside for a "shipping" donation for any seller that is willing to donate a discus or two or more for each month's Angel
    I know it it might not be enough to cover all the shipping charges but it will help. It's my way of giving back to the incredible website!
    Frank

Real Name
    Mike

I'm with you frank, although, I think whoever wins should be able to handle the shipping charges. If not, they can choose to pass on a generous offer and just accept the recognition. I think everyone realizes that free fish cannot be given every time. There are just not enough breeders with such generosity. When I have babies, that will be the first thing I do is offer free ones here on simply as long as they can handle shipping cost. Mike

Mike,
    I understand that but I just want them to know that somethings happen and everyone can count on me It does not have to be only for discus, just anything. It can be for a pound of CBWs, shirts, cups, plants, etc. Just want to let everyone know that things happen and just because you do not have the extra cash to pay the shipping that month you do not have to pass on it. I just hope that when that person does have the extra cash they do the same as I. The person has no idea if he/she is even nominated because others are doing the nominating and I myself would feel embarrassed if I had no money to pay the shipping and everyone knew it. This way there is something there to help them without everyone knowing it I really enjoy this idea because I am a giver and by helping with some costs just makes me a very HAPPY person. Now you do not want to be around when I am not happy, it's not a pretty sight LOL!
    Frank
    Last edited by hexed; 01-24-2006 at 06:58 PM.

Real Name
    Mike

I already knew you were a good guy frank. Thanks! I'm sure we can figure something out to get these angels their deserved rewards.

Registered Member

Hi All
    Tell you what im gona do. I dont have fish to donate BUT I will do a wood burning of the winners favorite discus. They will need to email me a pic of the fish ( the better the quality of the pick the more detailed the burning ). It takes some time to do it in detail but I will dedicate as much of my free time ( free time? ) as I can to get it done asap. Here is a link to a thread I posted http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=45376
    I know its not fish but it will be a one of a kind.
    HTH
    Earl

Earl!!! That is amazingly generous of you too!!! This site has some real angels here for sure!!!
    Candy

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by etr63
    Hi All
    Tell you what im gona do. I dont have fish to donate BUT I will do a wood burning of the winners favorite discus. They will need to email me a pic of the fish ( the better the quality of the pick the more detailed the burning ). It takes some time to do it in detail but I will dedicate as much of my free time ( free time? ) as I can to get it done asap. Here is a link to a thread I posted http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=45376
    I know its not fish but it will be a one of a kind.
    HTH
    Earl

aww....see? We have two Angels right before us!!! That is very cool, guys!

As much as I love Dan's discus, they are beautiful and so friendly....Your wood burning would be an awesome win, Earl!!

Frank, Your A Good Man Charlie Brown~
    Thanks for calling me tonight! I did treat them~

Marie~

Next month is February and that means Valentine's Day. So keeping with LOVE theme for February I am going to donate a 3 pound box of Mrs. Field's Chocolates to next Month's Angel.
    Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member Gold Mt Discus's Avatar

As the self proclaimed "Taste Tester" for Simply, buy two boxes and send one to me first for testing. Thanks.
    Frank

Frank,
    I have already tasted the other box and they are GREAT! So is UTZ chocolate covered pretzels. mmmmmmmmmmm
    Frank

Registered Member Gold Mt Discus's Avatar

Shame on you!!! You just made me slobber on my keyboard!!! hahaha
    Frank

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast