AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,501 to 1,511 of 1511

Thread: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Default Re: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Wow Mark, those guys are huge & thick! Did you buy them as adults or raise them yourself from fry or juvies? SS & Turks...hmmmm....a friend of Al....hmmmm....raised from AL's offspring?
    Nope not from me.. we just have similar tastes. but we will be swapping stock in the future I am sure. Marks got some nice breeding pairs he is working with.

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-29-2024 at 08:54 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Dano, a couple of the Turks raised from about 2 1/5 -3 ins they have done well and i have some youngsters from them. Others came in maybe considered as adults, snakeskins in particular and still put on about an inch, all are about 2-3 years. Yes imo they are big, lots of food, mess and water you know what i mean.

As AL mentioned very partial to these strains, although i do keep others. Still learning all of this so any input from you guys is much appreciated.

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Thanks for posting the pictures. Nice group you have there
    Kraig

Registered Member

Hi Everybody,
    my name is Luca and I live in Milan, Italy.
    I am a discus lover (=obsessed) since around 40 years.
    I hope to learn something new from this website and hopefully to help someone.
    Have a nice day and week
    Luca

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by LucaIta View Post
    Hi Everybody,
    Have a nice day and week
    Luca
    G'day Luca and welcome to SD! Looking forward to your interaction in the community. When you get time, plz post a few pics of your tank/s & discus!

Hi Everybody,
    Have a nice day and week
    Luca
    Welcome to SimplyDiscus Luca!
    I Would love to see your fish sometime!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Hi, you'll find few pictures in my first album. Sorry for poor qualitt, i have onlt 5 glasses tanks without any light (or gravel or plants or ...)

Hi, you'll find few pictures in my first album. Sorry for poor qualitt, i have onlt 5 glasses tanks without any light (or gravel or plants or ...)
    Hi Luca!

You have a very group there! I really like these two Discus!

Immagine WhatsApp 2024-02-19 ore 10.06.26_b0afbb27.jpg

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hi all,
    Once long ago there lived a Discus Forum with a handful of members and everyone knew everyone else. It was a small close community, but in time, news of this wonderful place Spread thru out the cyber lands. Soon Pilgrims traveled bandwidth by bandwidth to this new place of Discus and friendship,and soon the small Discus forum turned into a giant mecca for Discus enthusiasts around the world.

Well thats the History of this site in abbreviated cyber nutshell and some of us Old timers here remember those days while we play checkers out on the porch of the Discus General Section. Not being one to dwell too much on the past, I like looking at the Present and future and at this time I would really like to hear about all of You.. Who are you, where are you from, whats in your tanks, and hows your family deal with all this hobby addict stuff, any thing you want to share (well almost anything..we have kids watching this forum)

Basically when I log in , I hope to see a bunch of friends out there...makes things more fun in here... and so.. I am asking... Please introduce yourself if you're new here... or even if your an old timer and want to introduce yourself to the newer crowd. This is a good time for the lurkers to step up as well.

Let me introduce myself....
    My name is Al Sabetta. I tend to make my presence known here as needed , but aside from being the sometimes Dreaded ... Chief Cook and bottle washer here, I live in Connecticut USA, and have a very,very, understanding wife. My wife Carrie and I have 2 very special children, Becky 4, ethan 2. Together these people are my heart, soul, and life.

I raise discus and other cichlids and have done so for what seems a lifetime... Other hobbies... I Brew beer and make wine (hence the screen), make salsa and free lancing in the Kitchen, I am an advanced amateur photographer, field biologist and lab researcher was my trade until a short time ago. I Breed and study many kinds of critters...reptiles, insects, carnivorous plants... and I teach science and nature workshops to children and teachers. I am an avid gardener and die hard Bird watcher... and I enjoy tinkering with computers... I recently started raising chickens for a little back yard eggs.

I am clueless when it comes to cars and sports...but I still try to understand them. Don't get me wrong..I love cars..the faster the better, I just won't claim to be able to work on it... and as for sports.. Fishing is about my speed..though I appreciate the worth of a good super bowl party regardless of whose in it.

I think thats probably more than enough info on me...

Anyone else feel like standing up and introducing yourselves?

-al
    I’m new again but not really new. I was pretty active here when this thread was made and remember a lot of names.

Brew
    Cary Strong
    Carol Roberts
    John Nicholson
    Willie Loh
    Linda Oi
    Matt Parsons
    Liz
    Discus Hans

And others.

Raising kids and the business got me out of Discus for a lot of years but I still have my 30 year old 125 (they can bury my old bones in it some day) and I’m setting it up again in our new showroom and I’m feeling like it needs to have discus again. So Hi for a second time. IMG_3290.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DennyJahnz View Post
    I’m new again but not really new. I was pretty active here when this thread was made and remember a lot of names.

Brew
    Cary Strong
    Carol Roberts
    John Nicholson
    Willie Loh
    Linda Oi
    Matt Parsons
    Liz
    Discus Hans

And others.

Raising kids and the business got me out of Discus for a lot of years but I still have my 30 year old 125 (they can bury my old bones in it some day) and I’m setting it up again in our new showroom and I’m feeling like it needs to have discus again. So Hi for a second time. IMG_3290.jpg
    Well now! This is a pleasant surprise! Welcome back Denny! Its has been a verrryyyyy long time!

Your old tank /new display will look look great with Discus. What are you planning on putting in there strain wise?

Great seeing you getting back in the game!

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 03-03-2024 at 08:10 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Thanks Al. I’ll probably keep it simple. I’m leaning towards F1 brown or red wilds. Although I’m a sucker for Blue Diamonds and Cobalts. I’ll have to see what’s available in the Minneapolis area.

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101