AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Default Re: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Hi Kiro , welcome to SD , nice Discus collection u've got there
    how big is yr tank , any breeding
    TC
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Registered Member

Thanks
    And no, no breeding, I could not be that lucky

Registered Member

Smile Re: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Hello everyone! My name is Anna, and I live in Forest Lake, Minnesota. I'm a transplant from Washington state- I moved here to be closer to my husband's family. I have two beautiful baby girls, one is two years old and the other is two months old. I have two show tanks, the larger of which is going to be for my first group of discus, and the other is an African cichlid tank that we keep in our daughter's bedroom. We also have several tanks in a fish room that house little collections of whatever we fancy. My husband and I also love studying and keeping native North American fishes and fauna, and during the warmer months we spend a lot of time outside with a seine. I'm a student as well, majoring in Horticulture- Greenhouse Technology AND Landscape Design. I've been keeping fish since I was very young, as I suspect many of you have as well.

I can't wait to get to know more of everyone!

WELCOME to the PARTY!

BIG welcome to Simply Kiro and Anna! Best discus site in the world!

See you both on the board!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Horses, reef tanks and discus...oh my

Hi all, I have been lurking here about a month and it's about time I introduce myself. I'm Pat, live here in sunny Florida. I currently have horses, dogs, a cat and four tanks, 3 salt and 1 fresh. I'm setting up my fifth tank which will be a 100 gallon discus tank.

I'm learning alot from this forum and have already bought wood and pot scubbies from fellow members. Looking forward to learning so much more. I have kept discus before once upon a time. Only a couple in a 65 hex. and I didn't recall being very successful with them. I believe they were wilds as that was all that was available. I cannot believe all the wonderful strains that are available today.

With my tanks I tend to like to specialize. My reef tank is a 75 with all florida species and I have a wonderful vendor in the keys from whom I get aqua-cultured live rock, gorgonians and fish. I would not be surprised if I did wilds but I keep drooling over Kenny's discus so we will see. Pat

Banned

Hi All

My name is Johnathan.. some of my buddy call me Johny . I live in Bay Area, California. I been Simply Forum for a year ago. I have 3 large and 4 small tanks.Nice to know all discus hobbyist and experts at SD.

Thank to Al, Ryan, Sponsors and supporters .

Simply Discus Form is like my discus hobby learning center .want to learn more about discus breeding ..

Great getting to know about you Pat and Johnny! Glad you are enjoying the site!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Banned

I am glad to know you, Eddie

good luck for your online class..

Johny

Registered Member

hello everybody

I'm so glad to join simplydiscus

I am a discus mania

I bred discus in 1998

but now I have not.

I LIKE BLUE PIGEON BLOOD, THICK RED LINE PIGEON.

IF U HAVE , EMAIL TO ME.

THANK U.

welcome to simply. You might find what you're looking for under the sponsors or hobbiest sections, otherwise, enjoy SD
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by discusfever View Post
    I am Lance Shieldnight (discusfever) 35yo in Oklahoma I am in Law enforcement and Security. I am a single dad of two beautiful children Clay 9yo son and Hunter Ann 5yo daughter speaking of Hunter that were the Discus come in, almost a year ago to date. Hunter wanted some fish for Christmas. So my roommate had taken her over to a neighbors house to see there fish. they come home telling me all about this neighbor guy across the street that breeds Discus fish. I said what in the world is a Discus? So across the street I went to investigate these Discus fish. That is when I met my now close and personal friends Andrew & Angela Richardson (aagreencountrydiscus) Andrew was sharing his knowledge of these beautiful fish. And during my investigation I learned some about Discus and told him my problem of Hunter and the fish for Christmas. So he advised me that he would help me get started in to the hobby. So off to Wal-Mart I went to get my first 29gal. Tank then the next thing that I knew I had come up with a second 29. Andrew said that we needed to build a stand for the two. So the next Saturday there we are building away. I managed these two tanks pretty well and decided that it was time for am up grade. So I bought a new 80gal. tank. I was talking with the guys at work about my discus and a coworker sold me his 75gal. Set up. I donated the two 29gal. To Andrew & Angela we built his new fish room with automated water change outs. That was an experience. You should have seen the look on our faces Andrew demonstrated the glass drilling. On one of the 29gal. That I had given them shattered on our laps. LOL well that’s enough for now.

Lance
    Hi all. Good thread for this time of year. Okay, my name is Barb Almond, I'm 45, been married for 23 years to my high school sweetie, John, and have an 18 year old son, Chevy (as in Chevy Chase, not the car Chevrolet ~ although we are all die hard Chevy fans!).

Well, let me tell you about me,
    My name is Bruce, or Doc "B", sometimes other less popular things.
    I was born into the hobby, My Father was a hobby breeder or Angelfish and Discus , and had his first fry in 1957. Using all wild caught stock. There were only "Discus" and Angels then, no colors or types. in the early 60's he began working through selective breeding to get "Black angels".
    I grew up in ohio, worked with the Cleveland Aquarium Society, and eventually was employed at the Cleveland Aquarium until its move to the zoo.
    I went to FIT and Central Methodist, finally earning 2 PHD's.
    Spent 13 yrs working with the state in regulating fish farms in Florida, before coming to Sc to teach almost 22 yrs ago.
    I am recently remarried to a beautiful Ukranian Woman "Anna, she is still in the Ukraine but we are working on that.
    I have 3 Children, 2 are in the Marines , the other is 16 and with my wife in the Ukraine.
    I maintain over 80 aquariums in my lab, and about 14 at home, breeding everything throughout the years, my love has been saltwater clowns, Dwarf angels and culturing corals, as well as the freshwater side of Africans, Clown loaches Synadonis, and of course Discus.(I have 13 pairs currently)
    outside intrests, Scuba, Hunting , Fishing , and amature drag racing(now in my Boys hands) Im active in my church and cook Wed . night dinners there for almost 300 every Wed. Ive started a Aquarium club here and have taught the last 5 yrs 1 day a week in 4 different Jr. High schools "Aquarium science".
    Needless to say there is not a lot of free time. when I get it, I have been diving near our power plant logging non native and invasive species such as Pacu, Pyara, knife fish and other "tropical " releases.
    I joined here to help and be a part. I have 3 students who "have the bug" and are members here too.
    Most the people I have met so far have been, very nice, and even helpful.The sponsors seem good and I have purchase plans for the near future.
    I hope I can be a friend and helpful to others here, and hope to be a part for a long time to come
    Doc "B" (and family)
    If it's NOT a Discus,
    it's just a fish.....

Welcome to simply Barb. Many great members here with top notch advice. Enjoy the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddwilson View Post
    Hi all. Good thread for this time of year. Okay, my name is Barb Almond, I'm 45, been married for 23 years to my high school sweetie, John, and have an 18 year old son, Chevy (as in Chevy Chase, not the car Chevrolet ~ although we are all die hard Chevy fans!).

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by discusmoose View Post
    Well, let me tell you about me,
    My name is Bruce, or Doc "B", sometimes other less popular things.
    I was born into the hobby, My Father was a hobby breeder or Angelfish and Discus , and had his first fry in 1957. Using all wild caught stock. There were only "Discus" and Angels then, no colors or types. in the early 60's he began working through selective breeding to get "Black angels".
    I grew up in ohio, worked with the Cleveland Aquarium Society, and eventually was employed at the Cleveland Aquarium until its move to the zoo.
    I went to FIT and Central Methodist, finally earning 2 PHD's.
    Spent 13 yrs working with the state in regulating fish farms in Florida, before coming to Sc to teach almost 22 yrs ago.
    I am recently remarried to a beautiful Ukranian Woman "Anna, she is still in the Ukraine but we are working on that.
    I have 3 Children, 2 are in the Marines , the other is 16 and with my wife in the Ukraine.
    I maintain over 80 aquariums in my lab, and about 14 at home, breeding everything throughout the years, my love has been saltwater clowns, Dwarf angels and culturing corals, as well as the freshwater side of Africans, Clown loaches Synadonis, and of course Discus.(I have 13 pairs currently)
    outside intrests, Scuba, Hunting , Fishing , and amature drag racing(now in my Boys hands) Im active in my church and cook Wed . night dinners there for almost 300 every Wed. Ive started a Aquarium club here and have taught the last 5 yrs 1 day a week in 4 different Jr. High schools "Aquarium science".
    Needless to say there is not a lot of free time. when I get it, I have been diving near our power plant logging non native and invasive species such as Pacu, Pyara, knife fish and other "tropical " releases.
    I joined here to help and be a part. I have 3 students who "have the bug" and are members here too.
    Most the people I have met so far have been, very nice, and even helpful.The sponsors seem good and I have purchase plans for the near future.
    I hope I can be a friend and helpful to others here, and hope to be a part for a long time to come
    Doc "B" (and family)
    Hi Doc "B"
    Welcome to SD..
    enjoy...

Johnnathan

Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast