AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Default Re: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Quote Originally Posted by aix1 View Post
    Well, Tallinn is our capital and it has 400,000 people But must say that we are so used to this and every time when I drive to western Europe (any big city, Berlin, Paris, Brussels, which ever) I am really frustrated of the traffic and pollution, it is good to live in a very clean and quiet country... But you are right, getting nice fish is difficult... Luckily I am more focused on plants And Tropica is just around the corner
    Hey Alair I'm an American living abroad in Netherlands (Maastricht) I've had great luck with German breeders and I live very close to the German border. Paris ....well we go there once a month and yeah it's a little dirty. Marktplaats and Ebay-abroad have been great resources for me to find some really nice discus from private breeders. And sorry everyone else I haven't introduced myself properly yet.. soon

Tito

I'm the guy everybody loves to pick on! LOL

Getting kinda warm in here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post

hmm , not much to work with ..tell us more LOL
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dpete9 View Post
    I'm an American living abroad in Netherlands (Maastricht) I've had great luck with German breeders and I live very close to the German border. Marktplaats and Ebay-abroad have been great resources for me to find some really nice discus from private breeders.
    I am thinking actually of ordering some fish from Germany, these days prices are down to a reasonable level and shipping can be done with few losses so pretty soon...
    But Holland is not a bad place to be living in, I visit Amsterdam 2-3 times a year for business and the city has not bored me yet

Take care,
    Ailar

Real Name
    Linda

Hi to everyone on Simply Discus. I'm Linda and I just started in the hobby since last January. I have a 110 gallon display tank with about 9 discus and some tetras and the usual cleaning crew, a 60 gal breeding tank with two blue diamonds and a small tank if and when I have little ones I also have a 90 gal goldfish tank with 4 good size orandas and one ryukin. I'm new to breeding as I lucked in getting a breeding pair by chance at a retail shop where I normally get my fish and supplies. They are young Blue Diamonds and usually spawn weekly, but in a few days will eat the eggs. They finally hatched this last batch and now I have wigglers. YEA!!

I live on the west side of Florida near Tampa. I own my own business helping individuals with developmental disabilities live on their own in houses or apartment. Most of the ones I take care of have started their own aquarium with my help and are learning how to take care of their fish.

So far I have found really good info here and hope to learn a lot more.

Linda
    Last edited by LKSDiscus; 11-26-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LKSDiscus View Post
    Hi to everyone on Simply Discus. I'm Linda and I just started in the hobby since last January. I have a 110 gallon display tank with about 9 discus and some tetras and the usual cleaning crew, a 60 gal breeding tank with two blue diamonds and a small tank if and when I have little ones I also have a 90 gal goldfish tank with 4 good size orandas and one ryukin. I'm new to breeding as I lucked in getting a breeding pair by chance at a retail shop where I normally get my fish and supplies. They are young Blue Diamonds and usually spawn weekly, but in a few days will eat the eggs. They finally hatched this last batch and now I have wigglers. YEA!!

I live on the west side of Florida near Tampa. I own my own business helping individuals with developmental disabilities live on their own in houses or apartment. Most of the ones I take care of have started their own aquarium with my help and are learning how to take care of their fish.

Linda
    Welcome to the forum Linda, I would like to commend you in the caring of those with Special needs, may the good Lord aid you in your work always you are an .

Glad to hear your Discus have bred and that you now have wigglers. Indeed you will find valuable info in the forum and you can always ask questions from many of the members here.

Take care and hope your batch comes out okay.

Jorge

rosyrobyn

Hi everyone, I'm Robyn, and I've been keeping fish for 30+ years. I got my first tank when I was 12 and I was hooked! I didn't know what I was doing but luckily for me, I had a lot of floating plants. I've been keeping planted tanks ever since - well there was that one mbuna tank back in college.

So here I am planning a new tank. You'll see me lurking around - I've got plenty of reading to do since I've never kept discus before. I'm in no hurry. I'll be setting up a 125g planted tank so it has time to settle in while I use a 75g as a BB grow out tank. I want to do this right.

Ailar, Linda and Robyn..Welcome to simply! Linda and robyn, great to see more women getting into this hobby!
    Jennie,

Registered Member

Hi All
    My name is Clint and I live with my wife and 3 teenage/young adult children in Tweed ,Ontario Cananda. I have been in the fish hobby for over 20 years and at one time owned a small pet store. I have had my ups and downs with discus and gave up keeping them for a few years but just recently started again. I just set up a new 90 gallon tank with 6 discus. I am planning on just keeeping a community tank but hopefully when the fish mature maybe there will pair off and I can have the chance to try my hand at raising fry.
    I found this site very informative and I can tell the people here are pationate at what they do.

Welcome aboard Clint
    Jennie,

Welcome to SD Clint.....Nice to read about you and good luck with your future breeding.......A lot of pics....We love photos here.
    Pete
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by LKSDiscus View Post

Linda
    Nice to have you Linda.....Not surprised reading about your kind nature and the good work you do to help others....Some of the nicest people I've met are discus keepers......Good luck with your breeding and post a lot of pics.
    Pete
    MAGA

Welcome to SD Clint.
    Where did you get your stock from?

Hi everyone.Not new to discus,but had some about twenty-five years ago.Bought this "new" strain from Jack Wattley called Blue Turquoise.Been keeping africans for the last eight years,and just got the bug to re-do the tank.When I went online and saw how many new varities there were,I decided to give discus another shot.Growing out ten mixed juvies in a planted 150gal.Couldnt give up the wall space,so its dims. are 48Lx24Wx30H.I had a lot fo rock in there for the africans,but took it all out for the plants.take care,Bill.

Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast