ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Discolicious! That just might be one of the best usernames ever! welcome!

Registered Member

Default Re: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Hello all,
    New to SimplyDiscus as you can see from my thread post count, just getting back into fish after about a 10 year absence. My name is John and I am 42, work as a nursing supervisor, yes I am a male RN, at a mid level hospital in Danville, Va, although I live in North Carolina. I have a very loving and most of the time understanding wife ( she just let me order my first discus from Hans today so I had to throw that part in) as well as 2 of my 4 daughters. I have 2 daughters from my first wife Brittany 18 and Heather 17, and now I have Kayla, my step daughter who is as much mine as she is her real dads ( I have been with her since she was 3 ) and then there is Ashley, 3 years old and running the entire family! I used to have fish tanks, started with a pair of albino oscars in a 29gal, boy did they make a mess! Moved onwards and upwards to a 90gal Salt which I kept for about 6-7 years. Broke that down when my first marriage broke down ( Thank God! Marriage not the salt tank . I am now sitting with a 75gal on a homemade stand awaiting my first discus to arrive on Saturday. I enjoy traveling with my wife and kids, especially to anywhere that there is water, piddling around in my yard doing the odd honey-do list item and riding my 2004 SuperGlide Harley. I love music, the peace and quiet of living in the country ( that's when my 3y/o goes to sleep), sitting on my deck watching the geese and ducks on our pond and watching-rearranging my fishtank! We have 2 dogs, Labs- Dagwood and Tinker, both dumb as the day is long, but as lovable as you could find anywhere and good at watching for snakes where the family is concerned ( they have already saved me from a copperhead! )
    Last edited by coralreefer68; 05-02-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Hey Coralreefer... this is a great place to find out just about everything you'll need to know about keeping that long-awaited "Hans" discus happy. Welcome... hey, maybe we should start a discus motorcycle club. lol.. I have been thinking about having mine painted with discus patterns..

Tom

Welcome David, Discoliscious, and Coralreefer68!

Its good to see all of you here and to hear a bit about yourselves.
    Thanks for sharing

Ardan

Registered Member

Helloooo there. Jit here.
    Just got into discus after 6 years of intensive Betta madness. Burnt out on the frequent water changes and decided MAYBE discus will be a different game.
    Hope to learn from all the Master Shifus here.

Registered Member

Ooh, don't know if discus will give you any relief from all of those water changes. Much better, and bigger, fish to look at though. Check out all of the great articles here to learn the ropes if you don't know them already.

Welcome.

Registered Member

Thanks, Russ. Already learnt a lot from the likes of Eddie by reading their posts.
    Jit a.k.a Jitticus

Registered Member

Hi everyone, I am Kyle. I am a US Army veteran, I have been to both Afghanistan and Iraq. I am currently out of the military and ended my freshman year at California University of Pennsylvania. I started my first Discus tank back in February and wanted to thank you all for information that I can read and apply on my own Discus habitat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome Jit! Great to have you here.

Welcome Kyle, Thanks for your service in Afghanistan and Iraq! Looks like you have some nice colors for discus.

Welcome!
    Ardan

Registered Member

hi,my name is Jerry.I'm from China,a city called Shanghai.I think you know,lol.My English is poor but i'm very very very interested in discus.I have been keeping fish for about 2 years but kept discus just two weeks.So,i have a lot of questions about water care,use which equipment or how to keep my fish healthy.
    I'm 29 ,in shanghai tunnel engineering CO.,LTD although it's not my favourite.I hope I can make more friends here and have a good time!
    I'm looking forwoard to receive you PM,haha

Hi, my name is Joan (not Joan Stone, that's another story). I live in Vermont, not exactly a hot bed of activity in the fish hobby so it's somewhat frustrating at times. I've been a fish keeper for many, many years- various freshwater tanks for most of my life and saltwater tanks for the last several. One thing I hadn 't tried before was a planted discus tank, so I recently decided it was time to do just that. I have been doing some reading on the site-what a resource! Currently I have a 220 gallon predator reef tank with a 55 gallon sump, a 45 gallon seahorse tank with a 30 gallon sump a 75 gallon freshwater tank temporarily holding some koi and goldfish waiting to go outside and a 120 gallon planted discus tank with a 100 gallon sump. I have 5 discus that I got from a friend and things are going OK, but I am definitely looking to improve the set up after some of the reading I have done here. I am considering making the 220 the discus tank at some point. As I indicated, there aren't many LFS in Vermont for supplies, but there is one store 2 hours from me that just so happens to get discus from Hans. I have talked to the manager and am looking forward to being able to get some Hans discus within the next few weeks. Since I live in southern Vermont, I am not too far from Northford, CT so I hope to go there as well at some point. Thanks for all the help I've gotten from this site so far.

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Hi Joan! I raised one single lil discus in Greenfield, MA many years ago. I remember that there weren't a lot of good places for fish and had to hunt far and wide to find what I wanted. Can't wait to see some pics of your discus tank... 120 gallons with 100 gal sump is just plain heaven in my book! LOL
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

1000th post! Wow, that went fast! So I guess after spending so much time here I probably should introduce myself... seems like a fitting way to commemorate this milestone!

My name is Eric (not Erica) and I live in Dayton, OH. I have a wife, three kids (18 months, 2 months and 2 months), a dog, and fish (13 discus) with plans for several more in the next couple weeks (all discus, 10-12 more)...

I got my first fish tank when I was 6 and I remember many trips to the pet store returning dead fish and also many trips to the toilet to say goodbye. I've had a fish tank since then (and a couple of turtle tanks) except for a few years when I joined the Air Force and was traveling a lot. Even then, I was waiting for the right time to get back into the hobby.

I kept procrastinating (life stuff) but my wife finally convinced me that it's something I've been talking about forever (and she was sick of hearing me keep talking about it) so I should get one. Her primary convincing argument, "Our kids will really enjoy it and I think they can learn alot about science and stuff" and now that I wasn't going to be traveling as much it was the perfect time. So anyway, long story short I bought my 'first' tank 11 months ago (55G on Craigslist from Kevin Joseph), then quickly bought two more 75G (Jack's had a $1/G sale and another CL), and I will probably buy 1-2 more 30-55G in the next month :P

Anyway, here's to another 1000 or until you get sick of reading my crap
    Eric

Registered Member

hello
    I have a problem
    my discus fish color is darked . discus fish skin is doted with black spots.
    how to remove black spots from discus body?

excuse me
    I do not know English language.

Five..

Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast