AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Default Re: Tell us about yourselves....Please

Hi there! My name is Glenn and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I am new to keeping discus but am enjoying them so far. I`ve kept community tanks for about 5 years now and recently converted my 90 gal to a bare bottom discus tank with 1 piece of mopani driftwood. I have Jeffrey Yang discus which I purchased off Bob Garside of Upper Canada Discus. I have 4 Reflection Deep, 2 San Merah and 2 Yellow Sunrise, all juvies. They are an awesome fish and am very glad I converted to keeping discus. Probably the only fish I`ll keep from now on.

Hi guys! I'm Megan from good 'ole northwest Washington. It does rain a bit, but it is certainly outnumbered by our "overcast" days. Only in my mid-twenties (crazy to say that) living with the bf and cat. Not to mention the few tanks we have around. My profile does say a bit about me too, so don't forget to check that out. But anyways! I got my BS in Public Health, but starting back up to get into Nursing school, or maybe just stick with a Medical Assistant, which ever. Obviously I am fascinated with medicine. But discus have been a new fascination for the past year or so. Unfortunately I can't spend everyday maintaining my tank, but I do enjoy it when I can get to it. I try for 50% water changes every three days, mostly I just go by the water level when it reaches below the spray bar and makes that annoying splashing watery noise, which does happen to be every few days. This is my second batch of discus actually, I tried with 2 guys over a year back, but they weren't the main attraction of the tank, which I think caused them to hide, not eat, and eventually pass . This time though! I know much better. I'm definitely going to be asking plenty of questions and posting on plenty of feeds, so I hope my presence doesn't become a nuisance. Glad to have found this site! My bf certainly has his fish site he visits maybe a bit too much, but nobody's perfect. I mustn't talk too soon, for I may become the same! Again, thanks for reading and I look forward to everybody's input and knowledge.
    ~MLM~

Hi Megan, these sites do get quite an addiction once you get into them...I love all the different threads but love the different photo's and set-ups the most!

Hi all,

I live in Brasilia, Brazil and began to keep fishes 30 years ago. I'm keeping/breeding discus since 1999. Today I have a small hatchery with some discus. Between the discus that I maintain there are any wild one, my love. Here my problem is that the water is so soft (TDS 16 ppm), and its a problem to my hatchery open circuit. I hope to learn and to smile with you.
    My best regards.
    Mauricio B.H.Silva
    Discus breeder - Brasília, Brazil

www.discusbrasil.com.br

hello, and welcome aboard,Mauricio....Gary
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Hi guys! The names "Al" there's quite a few Al's here i see lol. I just got back into Discus after not being so successful when i was in highschool. Much older now with a bit more experience. Im willing to take another shot at raising these kings of freshwater. Right now i got a 25 gallon grow out tank with 6 dime size red discus i got from joe gargas on aquabid. If im successful keeping these guys alive for the next few months Ill be upgrading for sure! Thanks for having me!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Hello Al and welcome to simply its nice having a fellow Chicagoan on board .............................Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Al,them discus would look great in a new 120gal home,lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

thank you for the welcome!

LOL at their size im sure they would feel lost, but ya gimme a week or so ill give you a definite answer about the tank =).

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill63SG View Post
    Al,them discus would look great in a new 120gal home,lol.
    My little salesmen LOL..........Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Quote Originally Posted by snoopodus View Post
    My little salesmen LOL..........Josie
    Not so little,sigh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Registered Member

My turn, I am from and live in the island of Bermuda. Have loved fish all of my life and would rather throw them back overboard while my father caught them on a few fishing trips. Lol but I now have 5 tanks, with the 5th being in my class ( I am a science teacher so I can get away with it lol ) I have a few community tanks, one African cichlids tank and now am going to venture into the world of discus. I am torn between putting them in a 110 and a 90 bow front that I have right now, but have them both cycling as I type. I have learned much from this site and thank all for contributing.

Hi All,
    Good day.
    I'm Mr. Fluke from Malaysia. Currently I have practice some household breeding for some Stripe,Solid and RGD breed as a roles of high commitment hobbist.

Perhaps we can share and learn together to up keeping the finest breed of Discus!

Simply yet Gorgerous, Let Discuss Our Discus

Registered Member

Hi, my name is Hayden Kramolis. I have recently discovered the world of aquarium life. I am 13 years old and live in Waco, TX. My first tank was 29 gallons. Yesterday, I acquired a 40 gallon tank. I want to put Discus in this new tank. North Waco Tropical Fish in Waco has been so helpful in getting me started. I would like to find a breeder in or around the Waco area. Any help or advice is appreciated. My parents are very supportive of this new adventure.

Hayden

Registered Member

Hi all; name is Doug, i have 8 discus of various sizes and I hope I have been looking after them as much and best as I can for a NOOB.

D

Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast