ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acrylic Aquarium...Sea Clear? Whatcha Think?

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Acrylic Aquarium...Sea Clear? Whatcha Think?

Does anyone have an opinion on Acrylic aquariums?? I am looking at a 40gal one at Pets Mart...online~ I think I read somewhere someone posted that something could go wrong with them...? Or they have certain problems~

Looks really nice, tho! (so can not believe I am doing this)

Ya all know I need one quick....lol!!

Marie~

Default Re: Acrylic Aquarium...Sea Clear? Whatcha Think?

The only negative thing ive read so far is that certain plecos, like bristlenose, can scratch up an acrylic tank. If your doing bb in the tank, it should be fine.
    Sincerely, Chris

Registered Member

I have two seaclear tanks (a 46 bow and a 40) and love them both. The best prices I have found on seaclear tanks is through aquarium parts west. I have had the bow set up for almost 3 years with angels and bristlenose plecos. I have heard people say their plecos scuff up the acrylic, but I have never seen it in my tanks. I think they are better than most tanks available on the market--maybe not the best available, but pretty good. I will probably buy some more. Good luck and happy ho ho's!

Mike
    Mike Witek
    Napa CA

OOHHHH Marie!!!!!!!

Do I sense the Discus bug getting you??? lol Now you will start trying to figure out where the put all your tanks. You go girl.

Acrylic tanks are nice but not worth the money for smaller tanks (less than 55 gallon). The 55 gallon acrylic is a good deal though, just because they sell so many of them. Although I really do like the 65 gallon seaclear ....In a big tank >100 gallons they are great just because of the lightweight!

i have tru vu . they are made in california..check them out also. maybe more costly..not sure. i only paid 400 for a 100 gallon one even with driving it up from california to our lfs. not me..them. but tru vu are meant to have a 15 year guarantee not to yellow. all i know..
    all my tanks are acrylic. you'd love it marie . the other good thing..is even if its a bit more..you dont need the canopy which is costly. it comes with the shells. and...discus cant leap out as easy..they are so clear..and so nice..just dont use anything too abrasive to scratch it. oh and..they hold the heat better and...the best point for me was i can manouver my 100 gallon on my own..moving it around..and setting it up..super woman!!! dont have to ask anyone for help. lifting a 100 gallon tank is..no fun!!!
    http://www.truvuaquariums.com/truvu_site/contact.html
    another good thing about acrylic..is they dont leak or crack..and if you guys have an earthquake..why..it would bounce!!!
    oh..and if you think traco has an accent..then..guess youd think i have an even worse one!! i dont live that far from her..just across the water. but..guess what.. we dont. you do. lol.
    Last edited by April; 12-25-2005 at 04:18 PM.

Hey Marie!

Clean out your box woman! I tried to send you a messege and it was full!

Oh by the way Merry Christmas!

I have a new acrylic 40 gallon that I got from Petsmart that I never set up since I'm searching for a stand. It has the light hood and everything. If you want it we could set up a deal . I can probably scronge around for some extra filters for it too.

Tina

I just saw this 40 gallon Seaclear set in Ebay for $140.00 New.

roberto.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-SeaClear-40-...QQcmdZViewItem

LOL, I'll do better than that and there's no shipping to worry about .

Tina

Tina, thats an awesome deal your offering Marie. YOur awesome.

ps...Marie, you need to clear out your private messages....
    Sincerely, Chris

LOL, my DH is happy about getting one of my tanks out from underfoot too. .

okay okay okay.... *******!!! ya know.....I am really a B*, not an Angel!! Ya all voted for the wrong dayum person!! LOL!

I can put 5 discus in a 40 right? Even as adults?? Cuz I'm done here guys... I mean it....no..........more...........fish............n o more tanks...

Or should I get that 100gal tank , that Geo found on CL for me? I called the lady, here in Sac and she wants $100- for it...no stand..That is a good price, yes?

I have a headache

I cleared my pms....Tina...thanks, woman.....call me! I am
    confused

but i am really really excited and I thank you so much CUZ I WON!!! I never win anything....for real....and I never saw this one coming...And even tho I get some really cool fish....that isnt the best part....well...I so dont wanna cry here....

Quote Originally Posted by AADiscus
    OOHHHH Marie!!!!!!!

Do I sense the Discus bug getting you??? lol Now you will start trying to figure out where the put all your tanks. You go girl.

And your point is?????????????????? LOL!!

i don't wanna go

Marie~

Quote Originally Posted by April
    i have tru vu . they are made in california..check them out also. maybe more costly..not sure. i only paid 400 for a 100 gallon one even with driving it up from california to our lfs. not me..them. but tru vu are meant to have a 15 year guarantee not to yellow. all i know..
    all my tanks are acrylic. you'd love it marie . the other good thing..is even if its a bit more..you dont need the canopy which is costly. it comes with the shells. and...discus cant leap out as easy..they are so clear..and so nice..just dont use anything too abrasive to scratch it. oh and..they hold the heat better and...the best point for me was i can manouver my 100 gallon on my own..moving it around..and setting it up..super woman!!! dont have to ask anyone for help. lifting a 100 gallon tank is..no fun!!!
    http://www.truvuaquariums.com/truvu_site/contact.html
    another good thing about acrylic..is they dont leak or crack..and if you guys have an earthquake..why..it would bounce!!!
    oh..and if you think traco has an accent..then..guess youd think i have an even worse one!! i dont live that far from her..just across the water. but..guess what.. we dont. you do. lol.

April~ I so agree in that the acrylic tanks look so cool! They would be clearer too? I knew it....and there doesnt seem to be any seams, or whatnot... You crack me up I swear!! Earthquake? bounce??? LMAO! I am gonna calll you soon cuz I wanna hear your accent too.... i love accents!! And when Barb says, 'eh' after a sentence ....that is so very cool....I have told everyone here about that!....Then you can tell me if I have an accent...

So, give up your number, woman...pm me~

I am going to go and check out your tank link~

Marie~

Oh, April I forgot something....

you dont need the canopy which is costly. it comes with the shells.

I don't understand that....Canopy? Shells?? lol

M~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast