AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Surprise, surprise!!!

Thumbs up Re: Surprise, surprise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy
    Jarrod - yes and you always "come back with a vengence"! LOL hey ok so do I.

Yes a few fertiled eggs turned to wigglers. As a matter of fact I was sooooooooo curious that knowing there were probably not too many wigglers(if any)after the shortage, I turned the brick(don't do this at home lol) when I got the electricity back and saw about 6 moving little wigglers. Even though they weren't successful this time, that alone at least assured me of a M & F pair!

Sorry about your shortages Jarrod but at least you are back, aren't you?

Take care pal, start working with your 55g(don't be lazy now lol) and as always, keep in touch!

Kenny
    Hey buddy!!!!!!....WOW the pics you put up are killer!!...great stuff my friend great stuff indeed!! way too cool for words! LOL Kenny at least bud if we come back with a vengance like we seem to we're at least in good company eh?...lol...I'm just soooooo glad the holidays are over and done with...now maybe just maybe I can get down to biz at hand and get tank up and stocked eventually...lol...what a concept eh...hmmmm DiscusX2=maybe a set of parents like the ones you got goin on...makes me green with envy seein your tanks and fry doin so great...
    Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Default Re: Surprise, surprise!!!

Big thanks Jarrod and I'm sure you will do the same. Just make sure you start out with good stock(I'm not promoting myself here if you know what I mean LOL), WC's and good diet I'm sure you will get parents with frys like that down the road.

Good luck again on your juveniles tank setup and be sure to let me know if there's anything I can be any help of.

Kenny

Kenny!!! Those are really great pictures!!! Sorry i missed your updates. Too bad about the fish eating their babies. They looked like they were starting to get bigger too. Ah well... at least you know now. Hopefully they will try it again soon!!!

Candy
    Candy

the big snowfire male (knock on wood) may be pairing off with my other red white female (still a lot of jostling going on in that tank for dominance though after I put in the 2 fish). There was definitely a falling out between the 2 fish. Why are discus so fickle sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by tpl*co
    Why are discus so fickle sometimes?
    because half of them are female?

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

timbo............too funny

jim

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Talking Re: Surprise, surprise!!!

Tina - why do I always have the opposite experience with my fishes as compared to yours? Because I am a "male", Timbo? lol (I'll bet you would agree Jim) :-)

The reason why I said that is because all my proven pairs are extremely faithful. I heard so many ppl successfully forced pairs but I was never successful. Once they mated it seems like they are mated for life. They probably got that from me because I am an "old timer" in a way??? lol

Again Tina my tanks are always male-dominant(as opposed to yours, again) so let's do some swapping!

Kenny

LOL, my tanks are definitely run by the girls! If they aren't happy then the boys aren't happy! LOL! Let me know which ones you want to trade for and when .

Real Name
    Mike

So is life!! If the woman isnt happy, the man isnt happy!

All us guys better be doing some extra surface prepping to make our females spawn, lol.

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo
    because half of them are female?

Tim~

That
    was good, Sir... i will give you that one!

But only that one...lol!

Marie~

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789