ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprise, surprise!!!

Real Name
    Mike

Default Re: Surprise, surprise!!!

Can you believe that?? I was just there and we were discussing those reds and when they would finally breed,,,of course,,,magic of kenny!! He could probably get me to lay eggs on a brick!!!!!! AAAHHHHH! I want fry too. haha,,i get first dibs on the reds cause i can be there in 48 minutes.

You all should see this setup in person and for those who have,,,awesome huh? Whats that now kenny??? 4 batches ,,5?,,15 ?? in that garage of magic. Congrats my friend and as soon as they are old enough, i will take a few off your hands. Today was a blast, maybe next time we will have more time to just sit around and chat,,,,nice to meet srini too,,nice guy. Mike

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Smile Re: Surprise, surprise!!!

Here you are Tina! How's everything? I wish you a Happy Near Year!

Given the situation I would have to agree with you to put them back to the community tank and let him pair up with other females. I am currently having similar problems with a BSS pair and I just emailed the discus expert (Cliff) and swap a different male to the tank. I will let you know of their process Tina. (BTW thanks again Cliff!)

No problem at all with the Red Scarlets' babies IF I will be able to see some in the near future. :-) since they are......NEWBIES!!! LOL

Take care Tina and again I'd love to see some pics of the Snowfire because I want to see how big he's grown!

Kenny

Smile Re: Surprise, surprise!!!

Mike - no no no I have no magic as I'm still learning something new everyday from discus experts here on Simply. But I do have the magic that you were talking about to get you to lay eggs on the brick LOL! (now that's a joke!)

Yeah I had a wonderful time with you, Srini and the master Herman! Everytime I go visit him I'd learn something new! I LUV Herman!

Thanks for coming over Mike and I wish your pair will lay soon too. It'll be fun for sure. Can't wait to see!

Take care Mike

Kenny
    Last edited by Kenny's Discus; 12-29-2005 at 03:23 AM.

Great looking fish LB. Those will be very nice fry. Good luck with them. Keep us posted on how they do. I have three young pairs all laying eggs these days, of course one of the pairs are both females....BUt mine are all very young and keep eating the eggs. I hope yours work out.
    Sincerely, Chris

Chris thank you but I'm kinda in the same situation as you are in: this is their first try and I usually don't have too much hope for any new pair's first 5 tries. I do hope yours will work out too and BTW have you separated the 2 females yet?

Kenny

Real Name
    Mike

Kenny, you must be the most modest guy i know. Please,,,nobody believe him, he knows alot about discus. i think he used to be one because he has this connection with them (you should see it). Breeding is going on all over the place in his magical room of discus. Maybe i should have stayed a little longer so some of whatever is going on in there would rub off on me. Congrats again my good friend,,, I'll bet you dont wait long before they are freeswimming. No discus in his right mind would eat their eggs in that place. They would feel out of place when watching all the other discus having kids. Mike

I have not separated them yet. I am waiting for another tank i am buying. Trying to find a cheap used one. ( 90-130g) I looked at a hagen 110 today, but not sure on it. One of the females just laid more eggs today. Felt bad for her knowing she was wasting her time. Oh well, she is happy. For the first time i could actually watch her laying the eggs.....Very cool.
    Sincerely, Chris

Talking Re: Surprise, surprise!!!

Quote:

"I think he used to be one because he has this connection with them (you should see it)."

LOL LOL LOL

OMG Mike was I a discus my previous life??? I wish I were a Spotted Eruption back then! (j/k any strain will do lol)

Thanks for your kind words Mike but I will have to insist that there are just no ends in learning about this wonderful discus hobby. I sure do/will not get bored!

Thanks pal
    Kenny

Real Name
    Mike

Hey kenny,,if i were a discus,, I would like to be one of those dragon kings at sunrise tropicals,, those were some good looking strains. Looked like royalty. Kinda pricey though! You better have some money for those guys.

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy
    Quote:
    OMG Mike was I a discus my previous life??? I wish I were a Spotted Eruption back then! (j/k any strain will do lol)
    Kenny

Kenny~ ( now thatz^^ funny!!! you could go far with that one !)
    Just read your pm! I found it I found it....lol! Yes, you passed your pop quiz, babe~... gimme a break...ya knew who it was~

For real tho, Kenny, that discus is beautiful! All Tina's were as well. I was impressed...they were so big...and thick...really nice...

Now.... you boys all got together? Candy... did ya hear that? They all went to Kenny's without US~

Now that has bad written all over it not to mention that is totally messed up~

Thatz okay tho...

We will BE okay

Marie~

ps.. K, I got tina's 55gal stand, not the tank...and I forgot her money, huh Tina?? I felt so bad.. cuz I do not ever take my checkbook out of the house, hell i never use it...i pay everything on line, and use my debit card...Tina...I am sorry... I will get that to you asap...

Quote:
    "Now.... you boys all got together? Candy... did ya hear that? They all went to Kenny's without US~

Now that has bad written all over it not to mention that is totally messed up~"

LOL no Marie I actually invited Candy to come over(of course I assumed she'd invite you 2) but I was told she was in Arizona at the time. I will have Red Carpet for you next time when you are available. :-) Be sure not to "totally messed up" my carpet is all I ask.......(j/k)

Take care Marie!

Kenny

All these Cali people on here going to see each others fish and hatcheries ............ boy im jealous!!!

Im lonely way over here in Baltimore

Im starting to think this is a CALI & CANADA Forum ..... lol.

ok .............. now i have really got to go to bed ..... the dang sun is peeking in my window .... lol.

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

uh huh..see... the truth always bubbles to the surface eventually, ya think??....you invited Candy. Only~

LOL!

Marie~

no no no... It is a good thing. I so cannot visit you Kenny, cuz
    I will need something and no. No More Fish~lol

Thumbs up Re: Surprise, surprise!!!

Kenny...... Congrats on new fry!! That's sooooo cool!...the parents are great lookin fish too!!....lol...keep me in mind for some too if ya decide to sell any!!

Thanks
    Jarrod

sweet discus dreams, Rick! lol

Marie come'on! more fish, always! Whether you want them or not I'm telling you lady you'll end up with more fish in the future LOL! Agree guys?

Night
    Kenny

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast