ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discus and Angelfish

Default Re: Discus and Angelfish

Tina,

I've seen people mix them. Beth used to have them mixed in with some of her fish, but she said her altums were particularly aggressive and mean. I've never cared to own any so I don't have any first-hand experience, but they do grow larger than typical scalare angels and if they are as aggressive during feeding as I've heard, they probably wouldn't be the best choice for discus tankmates. However, I do know that some have done it.

Ryan

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Okay then!! Thank you, Ryan~

I will not worry about her anymore~ She does seems perfectly fine~ Do you still have those Angels??

No, I will not mix her with the babies...I was thinking of taking Marc's two, they are much bigger as well, and putting them in the 55gal with Cary's....don't ask why, R....Juss to mix it up a bit? I could always move them back....would that be unecessary added stress tho??

Thanks for watching out for the one you named, Ryan!

Marie~

The other thing I've found with angels is if they start breeding they get aggressive to everything, I don't know about altums but suspectr they'd be the same.
    Paul.

Registered Member JeffreyRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpl*co
    The domestic angels never really turned me on until I saw the wild altum (sp?)pictures. Those are beautiful! Does anybody have those in with their discus?

Tina
    I have a group of 6 altums with several discus ... hopefully the picture will post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12