ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Lauren's Discus Breeding Journey

Default Re: Lauren's Discus Breeding Journey

Got another batch of eggs yesterday. As of this morning none of the eggs has turned white, which is a good sign. If they made it through, this time I might get 50+ fry.
    Lauren

Converting my storage into a Discus-only fish room!

Real Name
    Mike

You just think you are so cool huh Lots of eggs here but my favorite color is definately not WHITE!!! My male is making a great effort but I wish he would get on with puberty. He is going to be a great dad because he protects those white eggs very aggressively. He doesnt even like it when the female comes back around. He thinks they are his eggs only.

Hi Mike,
    I thought your male had bred successfully in the past? Did you add some anti-fungal treatment to your water immidiately after the eggs were laid?
    Hang on! And it's always nice to see you around.
    Lauren

Looks like a return journey Are the eggs from the same parents or a different set??
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsb23
    Looks like a return journey Are the eggs from the same parents or a different set??
    Hi Paul,
    Yes they are from the same parents. I wish I have the space for another breeding pair.
    Lauren

Real Name
    Mike

These last 3 or 4 batches are from my turq pair. The Proven male and proven female I bought from Kenny have decided to go their seperate ways for right now. No eggs from those two for months. They laid 2 batches and then didnt seem to be getting along very well. Put them back into community and they seem happier just not in love anymore, CRAP! The turq pair I have are the ones who are continuously having eggs but he is just still too young. He sure is having fun practicing though. Just did a large WC last night and they were right back at it again. Every 2 weeks or so. I wish one of the other females would pair up with the Male I got from kenny and then we would see some wigglers. Just need to have (the P word) and they will finally reward all my hard work. I still enjoy just watching them and making sure they are happy and healthy! Breeding and raising some of my own fry would just be the icing!

Hi Mike,
    Yeah, I was about to ask you if the male you got from Kenny finally settled down with one of his MANY new girlfriends. Maybe you need to stop spoiling him and only give him one girlfriend at a time.
    Lauren

Real Name
    Mike

Maybe I should give him a new girlfriend and some alone time. They are all making kissy faces at him but the stud he is, he just swims around acting not interested with his colors all bright and fins all spread out. He just feels he has all the time in the world. I plan to have fry this summer and I wouldnt have room right now anyway. I have to let some blue turqs go to free up some room for some different strains. I've just had enough of Blue fish.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213