ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Universal Discus

Default Universal Discus

Has anyone dealt with Universal Discus in SF? Found their webite and looks like they have a very nice selction of strains listed. Anyone dealt ith them at all?
    Thanks,
    Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

Default Re: Universal Discus

I have heard of them and if I remember correctly some have got very nice discus from them....But, it was a long time ago! Are they still in Business? I don't have any personal experience!

HTH
    Sandeep

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

This is who I'd go thru if I was going to SF.

http://www.cliffsdiscus.com/

I'd also call Carrol and see what she has.
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

Registered Member

I know lots of folks who have bought from Samson over the years..He might be a tad higher in price than others,but he has quality fish.At least from the ones that I have seen

Mench

Registered Member

Hi Jarrod,

Let us know how you make out with Univeral Discus...He has some nice pics of Wilds on his website...not sure what he has available though.

Lester

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and University Discus_KC's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jack

I've bought from Samson in the past and was pleased with the fish. I had to give them away when I left for Iraq. I had bought some of his Maui Yellows.

Jack
    (816) 517-4529

Registered Member

Samson moved out of San Francisco and now is in Antioch Ca. We visited him 2 BAD (Bay Area Discus) meetings ago/last summer and he has a hatchery in his converted garage....lots of nice fish IMO...

I would also contact Cliffsdiscus....Cliff offers some of the nicest home bred fish in the Bay Area and its worthwhile visiting him if all possible, Cliff also ships.

HTH,
    Tad

Yes, we visited him during a Bay Area Discus (BAD) meeting during the summer, nice guy and nice looking discus.

Tina

Hi Tad:

Who'd u get the Blue Covers from? How about some pics?

I bought fish from Samson years ago... a couple of times. He's a great guy and easy to work with. Just take a look at his site, tell him what you're looking for, be as specific as you can and see if he has it.

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod
    Has anyone dealt with Universal Discus in SF? Found their webite and looks like they have a very nice selction of strains listed. Anyone dealt ith them at all?
    Thanks,
    Jarrod

Jarrod!

Candy and I got our babies from Cliff in the City and he had soooo many so we hand picked them!....and also there is Kenny ( loverboy ) in Daly City, a hop and skip away! Tad is right, I do not believe Universial is in the city anymore~

hth

Marie~

Jarrod,

Universal Discus is still in business out in Antioch, CA as Tad mentioned in his post. I visited Samson at Universal over the Christmas holidays. He has a nice setup in his garage and has quite a few breeding pairs. Has a ton of Angel Blue Diamonds that he is very proud of. I also saw a huge (120+ gallon) tank with a bunch of wilds that he had just received recently; not sure where they are from.

Anyway, I haven't bought any fish from him yet but he seems to be doing well with a good clientele. He spent a lot of time with me explaining his passion for the hobby and some of his discus care techniques.

sugio

Quote Originally Posted by tpl*co
    Yes, we visited him during a Bay Area Discus (BAD) meeting during the summer, nice guy and nice looking discus.

Tina
    Hi Tina,

When and how often does the BAD group meet? I couldn't find any info on the net. Do you have any additional info? I would love to participate. Thanks.

sugio

Registered Member

i bought from universal back in 97. i lived a block away from him for 2 years.
    good looking fish and he is helpful. jack