AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the iTrader Feedback System

Arrow Introducing the iTrader Feedback System

Hello everyone,

The third addition of the day: iTrader Feedback System.

iTrader is an eBay-style rating system that allows you to leave feedback for buyers, sellers, and traders who participate in "The Marketplace" area of the forum.

You may post feedback for a person by clicking on the link next to their iTrader rating -- this can be found in several places: in their profile (clicking on their username), in their user info next to each post they make, and in the Members List which is linked from the blue bar at the top of the forum.

To review feedback that others have left for you, click on the "iTrader" drop-down menu at the top of the forum.

DO NOT ABUSE THIS FEEDBACK SYSTEM! Each member who is reading this message has read the new forum rules, which includes the usage for this feedback system. If you would like to read the rules again, you may find them here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//rules/itrader.html

All feedback is monitored. Feedback is not to be based on second-hand information or hearsay. Only leave feedback if you have had a direct transaction with someone!

Any slander, flaming, or otherwise inappropriate feedback will be deleted, no questions asked.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll do my best to answer them as best I can.

Ryan
    Last edited by Ryan; 02-20-2006 at 02:42 AM.

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Re: Introducing the iTrader Feedback System

Ryan~

Okay....To recap...there is no negative feed back? Only positive? Or just not abusive? And you can only leave feedback if you directly, personally bought fish from the mentioned seller??

Marie~

Marie didn't your read what you agreed to before click the accept button

Okay....To recap...there is no negative feed back?Only positive? Or just not abusive?
    It doesn't say you can't post negative just not abusive

iTrader, an electronic feedback system, is in place to better serve members of the SimplyDiscus community by allowing them to leave, respond to, and review feedback regarding purchases and trades within this forum. Please use this system for all feedback rather than posting it on the main forum. The feedback system is not to be abused.

And you can only leave feedback if you directly, personally bought fish from the mentioned seller??
    * Feedback is only allowed on transactions between Buyers and Sellers! Second-hand feedback or feedback based on hearsay is not allowed.
    George

You can leave negative feedback if you truly had a bad experience, but I don't want people leaving nasty comments or trying to bash or flame someone. Too often on discus boards, people use systems like this to take out personal vendettas against those who they dislike. That is NOT what this system is for.

This system is for commercial ratings... if you had a dealing with someone and want to rate their products and services. It's not to share your personal feelings about a particular member.

And yes, only leave feedback if you personally had the dealing with a buy/seller/trader. No second-hand knowledge, like, "I heard so-and-so got bad fish from this person." That's hearsay and you can't offer proof.

Ryan

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Thanks Ryan!!

I knew you would add more in Plain English!

Marie~

Hi Everyone,
    For years now we have been asked to allow feedback, both positive and negative on the forum. It has always been one my biggest hang ups when I see people flaming and bashing others over transactions that they were not even part of...Little good comes from it. Still, we want to try to give everyone a way to express their experiences so that good sellers can thrive and sellers with less than a stellar performance can have a bit of incentive to improve.... so Ryan and I settled on this itrader system, which we think will go a long way towards addressing these needs.

You may want to really think about what you write when you post these experiences... I would suggest if you have a problem with a seller that you post the feedback after all resolutions were attempted...then you can state the problem and any resolutions that occurred.

I have always felt that the feedback given on the forums can be a little one sided... The positives aren't an issue...but alot of the negatives don't get reported... not because they can't be mentioned or aren't allowed...but because of the "politics" and the realization that good sellers can sell bad fish unintentionally..it happens. Also theres those cases where you are on good terms with a seller, or just don't like making waves... How you all handle these occasions is up to you.In an ideal world we would all be 100% honest regardless of who the seller is... best we can hope for is getting a general sense of who reputable and whose not.

We'll give this system a try and see how it works.... I ask everyone to follow the rules we have set, and to not use this system to attack anyone...If that happens..I'm not going to be a real happy camper about it.

One last thing for now.. This system only works for members. I would suggest that you encourage those you buy from to become members here if they are not already. If they not members... we will allow experiences to be posted but only a persons first hand experiences.There will still be zero tolerance for flaming.

I hope this system is something the majority of you like, and I would like to hear your thoughts on it as its put into use. Please remember that this is going to be a little strange for all of us to get used to..but if its going to be useful...It has to be used... so please post that feedback about transactions.

Thanks,
    al

ps.. Thanks Ryan for putting it together!
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-17-2006 at 05:52 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

okay some examples here of negative feedback...just so we are all on the same page...

okay... examples...

Purchased discus from acmediscus, fish arrived dead and rotting, seller was a royal @#@!#!#@#@#@#@# and is a @#@#@#@#%%. This seller needs to be strung up by$%#$^%^%&^%&^ and shot...His mother and Father are Sc#@$#%
    Thats a no go...sorry if you honestly feel it is true...

but ...
    Purchased discus from acmediscus, fish arrived dead and rotting, seller was not a great person to work with. Wouldn't refund or replace, got very angry and abusive when I tried to talk to him.. Highly advise to stay away.
    something like that is fine.

or
    I got fish from acmediscus.. had parasites, lab confirmed, contact me for results..Tried to work it out with seller, and it wasn't a great experience but did get back X amount of money.
    thats good too.

Basically... stated experiences minus the vulgarities and other things our forum rules don't allow like personal attacks, slander, and swearing..

If anyone wants to post a negative feedback and wants an opinion first on if its okay... you can ask me or any of the moderators here by pm before posting it.

Hth,
    -al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

One other thing...The feedback system works both ways...Sellers are able to leave feedback for buyers.....please be sure to do so when applicable.

So what does everyone think?

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I think it looks excellent and very professional.

Great job implementing it and hopefully it work smoothly causing no extra work for the great mods and owner here.

Looks to be a great addition to an already great website!!

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

Not allowing others to pile on is the key to cutting down the politics.

Also helps the wars between Discus Sellers who haven't a clue about how to build a business.

In otherwords they think if they get enough people to slam someone or on other side of the coin to build them up they will get more business.

All that crap going down when all they had to do is put out good fish and if a mistake is made turn a negative into a positive.

Business 101 that few understand unfortunately.

Like all new activities it will take some time to get the kinks out as some won't understand the process, or want to understand it. LOL!

Good job guys!

Give it some time it will work.
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

And again, that is why I like Simply! You guys have put a lot of thought, time and effort into this forum and it shows. It is also nice to see new ideas and concepts come along too.

Hats off to you hard workers. I look forward to these new ideas.

.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Banned

Ok were is the itrader at.
    You know I have something to say.

Walter

I explained it in the first post.

Ryan

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

Tim.
    It still seems like it will get out of control easily.
    I disagree with that. If I understand the rules correctly it is only one post for negative and one for positive.
    These wars between each other that go on for days on other forums they have taken that factor out.

it will just be sellers against sellers, and how can we varify if the claims by the consumer are really accurate..Of course the seller will deny everything and the buyer will be certain he is right.

One consumer may have a bad experience while the very next consumer from the same seller will say how great the fish are. I dont think this will be a productive addition.

In any business this can take place.
    Example would be how many times have u heard someone say the Steak House was terrible when u have heard great things about it.

So how do u decide in regards to taking your chances with going to dinner there?

Most would consider the source and how they described the situation.

How many times do u read between the lines with how people react to good or bad on these forums and are able to figure it out?

No system is perfect.

Not possible.

Yet, for the good of the hobby a system needs to be in place.

From what I can see this one has been well thought out.

I say give it a chance.
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Felding
    It still seems like it will get out of control easily. Because there is much behind the scenes activity at Simply, it will just be sellers against sellers, and how can we varify if the claims by the consumer are really accurate..Of course the seller will deny everything and the buyer will be certain he is right.

One consumer may have a bad experience while the very next consumer from the same seller will say how great the fish are. I dont think this will be a productive addition.

Tim
    Hi Tim,

You are correct in the short run. No seller will please every customer and there will most certainly be a few attempted smear campaigns. However, in the long run, we'll start to see trends. When a seller gets 150 positives and 1 or 2 negatives over the course of months and years, this should be a pretty good indication that this seller is reputable and indeed tries to do right with their customers.

Likewise, if there is a seller that gets poor feedback time and again from multiple customers, something is up and you should probably stay away.

In the long run this can only help the hobby and the reputable sellers IMO, because hobbyists will become better informed consumers.

-Ryan
    Seek ye the truth and the truth will set you free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast