AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing the iTrader Feedback System

Default Re: Introducing the iTrader Feedback System

I like the idea. Should be a great tool. Thanks for all the hard work that went into this ryan and al.
    Sincerely, Chris

I think it sounds like a good idea too. Plus the mods won't let it get out of hand. It can be great for the new discus keeper, and the more experienced as well. If this section is like the rest, then I think it will be a great addition.

Good luck guys!

Candy
    Candy

I like it .......... its just like ebays setup and like ryan said once you get enough feedback it will balance out so others can get a general concensus of the type of seller your dealing with.

And just like on ebay .......... you wont be able to please everyone all the time. Ive sold about 50 items on ebay with most all giving positive feedback but then you geta guy like i had that gave me negative feedback and saying my delivery was slow. Well the guy got his item in less than a week after sending payment! You just cant please everyone i guess .... lol.

But i still have like a 98.7 percent feedback rating which is very good IMO for this type of system. The more good feedback you get keeps bringing up your rating to counter a couple bad ones.

EDIT: After writing that i was curious to know exactly what my ebay rating was cause i was just guessing ...... and its actually showing 100% Positive feedback. Not quite sure how thats possible if i got a negative feedback so i looked and it was actually a neutral feedback that was left which doesnt hurt your rating.
    Last edited by CAGE-RATTLER; 01-18-2006 at 07:38 AM.

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Richardson
    Not allowing others to pile on is the key to cutting down the politics.
    Also helps the wars between Discus Sellers who haven't a clue about how to build a business.

In otherwords they think if they get enough people to slam someone or on other side of the coin to build them up they will get more business.

All that crap going down when all they had to do is put out good fish and if a mistake is made turn a negative into a positive.

Business 101 that few understand unfortunately.

Like all new activities it will take some time to get the kinks out as some won't understand the process, or want to understand it. LOL!

Good job guys!

Give it some time it will work.

Perfectly well said to a tee, Greg! Sometimes you manage to put into words exactly how I feel~

Your A Good Man Charlie Brown~

Marie~

I like it. There seems to be enough checks in place to keep people with an agenda from manipulating the system. At the same time it allows for valuable info for both buyer and seller. The more people that use it to give feedback, the more accurate the end results become. Well done.

Kacey

Can we leave feedback of a vendor who use to be a sponser here?

As long as they are currently a member.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Smith
    As long as they are currently a member.

Ryan

If they are registered with Simply, then they are a member, correct?

Yes, anyone who is a registered member, Sponsor, Mod, or otherwise.

Ryan

Registered Member

Talking Re: Introducing the iTrader Feedback System

In general and on average this system should work on the level it is intended to, just like many others have said it resembles other places like ebay and so on. With regard to positive comments eventually outweighing the negative ones, I have only one small caution on this. It has been my experience that as a rule of thumb the quantity and types of comments can be at the very least an adequate measure, but.... there is also the issue of sellers posting feedback to themselves under false pretenses. For example some will use pseudonyms or they will get their friends to post feedback for them also. It is only a small caution, which I do not feel should outweigh the system in place.
    Another thing to keep in mind for those sellers who have problem customers, this system should allow for you to be able to leave feedback about how they have dealt with you. Which in turn, if you are reputable, then other sellers will be cautious to even deal with such a customer.
    My final point would be to the moderators of this forum, I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but should the flaming/trashing/bad-mouthing and so on, get out of hand.... revoke their membership to the forum. I have been involved in operating, moderating and advising in several forums, my experience has been that the best way to stop things like that from occurring is to banish them into the dark bowels of cyberspace.
    It has always been the perogative of halfwits and children to point out that the emperor has no clothes.
    But the halfwit remains a halfwit and the emperor remains an emperor. -Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor
    there is also the issue of sellers posting feedback to themselves under false pretenses.

Can they actually do that and get away with it? I wld hope that there are checks in place to prevent this ~

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor
    some will use pseudonyms or they will get their friends to post feedback for them also.
    That may look suspicious ....wouldnt it? I wonder if people would actually go so low ~

Marie ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit

Can they actually do that and get away with it? I wld hope that there are checks in place to prevent this ~
    there is no way marie. the best that can be done is matching up ip's and there are several very easy methods to defeat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit
    That may look suspicious ....wouldnt it?
    how would it look suspicious? there are very few (if any) negative feedbacks on i trader here. i think it is of very limited use.

Hi,

The system does account for many of these concerns.. Although I can not double check every feed back that has been made..I do make it a habit to read all the sponsors feedback. I get an automated notice if theres a negative posted, and I read all the positives.. I check on anything that looks suspicious like members that only have one post here... . I also get automatic notices when people post multiple feedbacks in " X" amount of time.

The best I can do is suggest that anyone thinking of buying from a sponsor... read all their feedback... and then read the back posts of the person that has posted that feedback. You can learn alot from them.. Next pick a few of the members that have been here the longest and just drop them a PM and ask them about their transaction and if they have posted any pictures yet.

lastly, If you have concerns about a sponsor...start by talking with them... and If you really are unsure..I would try a different sponsor...You should feel comfortable with who you are dealing with.

My final point would be to the moderators of this forum, I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but should the flaming/trashing/bad-mouthing and so on, get out of hand.... revoke their membership to the forum. I have been involved in operating, moderating and advising in several forums, my experience has been that the best way to stop things like that from occurring is to banish them into the dark bowels of cyberspace
    we do this when needed..

Another thing to keep in mind for those sellers who have problem customers, this system should allow for you to be able to leave feedback about how they have dealt with you. Which in turn, if you are reputable, then other sellers will be cautious to even deal with such a customer.
    It does.... Both Buyers and sellers can leave positive, negative or neutral feedback......In addition to the feedback that all the forum can read..There is an additional section that a lengthy reply can be made ..This reply is viewable only for the buyer/seller and admins here... and is an excellent way to document what has happened...

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Just for the record...

I have heard from several members that they don't think the system is useful because there are so few negatives.. I have said this before... I will say it now... The tools are yours..If you chose to not make a public statement when you are unhappy...The fault is not I-traders , simplydiscus, or Mine... It is your own fault... Do not criticise the system if you are one of these individuals. It does take a lot to come forward and post a negative feedback... and not everyone will....likewise there are many here who don't post positives either...

The system is a gauge..its not perfect....and not meant to be...

lets put things into perspective though..The system is still relatively new... to date... here's the facts...

276 feedbacks have been given
    2 negatives
    0 neutrals

Total members rated ...96
    (out of a possible 7011 registered members)

I think its a little premature to comment on what works and doesn't. If I had access to the percent positive to negative that ebay sees, I would guess theres a tremendous number of more positives, than negatives... From what I can tell, most of ebays sellers fall in the 95-100% range for postives... we are at 99.3%I do alot of trading on ebay... and have never been burned by an Ebay member with lots of positives... and the few times I have had an issue, the ebay member always worked with me... I always feel safest buying from them.. I know its not a guarantee... but what is?.. My point is..The system here does what its supposed to do.

Some history...
    When we started this forum 4 years ago, we allowed people to post all their experiences... anytime a negative came up... a flame war followed where members who were not even involved in the transaction commented and attacked...Politics used these wars to discredit competitors.... This was not what we wanted so we went with a system that allowed all positives posted, but negatives could only be sent by Pms, thus removing it from the forum.

We then purchased thisI-trader system to address a concern voiced by many......some members wanted a way to post positive and negative feedback ... as owners Ryan an I did not want the headache and liability of dealing with flame wars..so we chose an ebay like system..

At this point in time, you all have a way to post your feedback, and help the forum maintain reputable sellers. Ryan and I feel we have done more than enough to meet your needs here..... The rest is up to you... Use the system or not, post the truth or not. I can't force anyone to post a negative..I can only give you the means to do so...If you refuse...Its not my concern here, its your personal decision... but it should not be made into a reflection of the forum or the system...

I-trader works fine... Just like your cars seatbelts work fine...when used..

thanks,
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-16-2006 at 08:24 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15
    Ryan and I feel we have done more than enough to meet your needs here

thanks,
    al

Absolutely Al ~

.... and don't let anyone ever tell you or make you feel otherwise ~ This site is FREE ~ People lose sight of that fact and expect more from a place they offer nothing ~

IMO you and Ryan shld be Proud ~ and stop trippin over small potatoes ~

Marie ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12