ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sting Rays? Yes, No, Maybe So??

Registered Member

Default Re: Sting Rays? Yes, No, Maybe So??

I almost forgot... If you have a ray/planning on getting a ray please make sure you have a heater guard.

You can buy heaters with a guard made for it, Sera and Tronic, or use curlers or something to cover it.

Rays will burn themselves on heaters - I learned the hard way.
    Need your taxes done? Ask me I am a Licensed CPA!!!
    Most basic taxes done for $100-$125 including efile!!
    General Accounting and Book Keeping services available too!
    Bill.Eagan@EaganandCompany.com

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billeagan
    Typically, a ray won't go after something if it knows that it can't fit in its mouth.

Thanks, Bill! I had heard this as well~ You have a Ray then? Could you post a picture? I so want one....

Marie~

I have read this thread from the start and I must admit, DaveC has given you some very sound advice. I think his post was the most fitting here cause he is right about the rays... So is Bill.. The two of them have brought up alot of valid points...

Sure rays look cute and everybody wants em but the reality is we do not have the space to provide them with.

Marie, I know your all excited by the rays, I know you want one but I would SERIOUSLY re-consider this option....

This could end up being an expensive mistake... I would personally invest that money into gettin some wilds.... Plus why on earth do you have one 9 month discus in a 55 gallon ??? he must be petrified the poor bugger... Get him some friends....

Jas

Jas~

O.k.a.y....one nine month old in a 55gal? What are you smokin, Brat?? And where on earth did you get that tid bit? I have 6 in each 55 gal babe, and 5 in the 30gal...and 2 in my hospital tank......

I really want a Ray....but I have given up on the idea.... ....but I do want some blue rams! If I ever get my two discus well again~

Marie~

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit

This would be for the 55gal tank with the 9month old discus....I do not have any plants soooooo.....but I do want white sand!

!
    That for me read as 1 nine month old discus.. I was reading rather fast..Normally you would hope for precision but NO , Marie wants to trick me by leaving out HOW MANY FISH fall into this 55.. LMAO

LMAO!!! I am sorry babe....it DOES say that tho, doesnt it?? However............obviously ya don't even know me really......*******, I am crushed~ Have you taught me nothing??? lol!

Well, I am glad that no one else thought that.....or did they? Goes to show ya, we all insert what we think is there... ....it really doesnt say ONE DISCUS... come on now handsome, work with me here...im thinking.....no it does not...however, unless you actually 'speak Marie'....well, in your defense , I can possibly see where you concluded what you did~

....i think...

Marie~

LOL.... I am petrified now!!!! Speaking Marie??? EEEEKKKKKKk I think I do!!! How scary is that I ask ya???

LMAO Jas!!! You are too cute for words!!!
    Candy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123