ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Air pump for multiple tank setup?

Default Air pump for multiple tank setup?

Hi everyone,

I am setting up a multi tank system (eight 75 gallon tanks) and want to operate two sponge filters per tank with some room for expansion (maybe 4 more tanks). Any suggestions for an air pump to operate a central sysem (PVC with valves).

I was looking at the new Coralife Super Luft Pump, either model 38 (38 l/minute) or the 65 (65 l/minute). There is only a $13 difference in price. I just didn't know if the model 65 was way overkill for my total outlet needs (16 initially, maybe 24 total in the future).

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. I really don't want to go the multiple small air pump route.

Regards,
    Dave
    Dave

Default Re: Air pump for multiple tank setup?

Dave, I'm about to get one of these, don'tknow if they are available in the USA but can't believe they won't be. I'm going for hte 40 model but the range is impressive.

http://www.evolutionaqua.com/display...d=2&class_id=2

hth,
    Paul.

Registered Member

I like Medo Air Pumps check them out.

http://www.kensfish.com/linearpumps.html

I love my linear piston air compressor... have the model 26, ran 11 tanks with multiple sponge filters & airstones in all tanks.. Call John at Jehmco.... www.jehmco.com for prices etc...you won't be sorry. Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

I bought a Dolphin av-50 last spring and have been quite happy with it. I'm running about 20 sponges off of it and I still have to bleed off air.

It's much less expensive than a linear pump and very quiet. I paid about $70.00 for it I believe.

picture:
    http://www.kensfish.com/airpumps/AV-50_air_pump.jpg

where to buy:
    http://www.kensfish.com/linearpumps.html

hth
    -Ryan
    Seek ye the truth and the truth will set you free.

cant go wrong with medo/nitto kohki, they are the rolls royce of linear compressors, out perform everything, cheap to run, and I know quite a few peeople who have been running them non-stop for over 10 years.

Registered Member

Well I have been to Ryan's apartment and I was very impressesd with how QUIET that air pump is. I was going to call him and ask him what kind of pupm it was, now I wont have to.............I would also like to thank everyone who uses Aqua Clear filters. I just got 2 110's to replace 2 whisper 60's
    and hands down they are a much better filter. They remind me of the old Supreme Aqua Kings, oops im giving my age away................................

Quote Originally Posted by korbi_doc
    I love my linear piston air compressor... have the model 26, ran 11 tanks with multiple sponge filters & airstones in all tanks.. Call John at Jehmco.... www.jehmco.com for prices etc...you won't be sorry. Dottie
    Hi Dottie,
    I actually placed an order with John at Jehmco this afternoon. Bought one of the Model 26 pumps, 16 hydrosponges, eight Jaeger 250 watt heaters, one of their 1000 watt Ti heater/controllers (for WC reservoir), a 20 valve air manifold, and a spool of silicone airling tubing.

Sounds like the pump will last a long time. I learned many years ago to buy quality, then you don't end up spending more when you first buy junk that lasts only a short time.
    Dave

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Rondha Pratt

Post Re: Air pump for multiple tank setup?

My suggestion would be is to try out Tetra Whisper Air Pump (Non-UL) and am exceedingly impressed with its operation. It has been in execution over a year or so without any problems at all whatsoever. Possessing a capacity of dealing up to 100 gallons, it was determined to be a dependable and one of the top air pump.

In addition, such air pump is not just available with low of cost, but adds striking practicality too.

I'd truly appreciate if you could kindly please share your feedback.