AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 new tanks setup!

Thumbs up 3 new tanks setup!

Woooohoooo...got my 55, 29, and 15 all setup on new stand in fish room! : Got them with BioSpira in them and coming up to temp!!
    I'm guessing mynext order of biz is to put discus in them huh??...lol thos I'm going to be ordering most probably Mon. or Tues..lol can you say doing happy dance? Just thought I'd let you all know I got stuff goin on...Thanks everyone for all the help and support...I'll be posting pics for sure when I start stocking...
    Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

Default Re: 3 new tanks setup!

Congrats! Now be sure to take your time getting what u want so buyers remorse doesn't take place later.

Did that a few times. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Smile Re: 3 new tanks setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Richardson
    Congrats! Now be sure to take your time getting what u want so buyers remorse doesn't take place later.

Did that a few times. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
    Thanks Greg...when you say buyers remorse are you referring to strains of fish, prices, or breeders?...I've got a couple of breeders online that I'm thinking about...strain wise I've found a couple that I'd love to have...sometimes it seems my wants exceed my grasp(aka wallet)...lol. This buying fish online is sonething I've never ever done before...all the years I've had tanks I've always just gone to a lfs and said I want 1 of those 4 of those etc..I've only found ONE lfs that has any discus in their tanks at all...the other one that did have them no longer has them.they all saydiscus are too hard to work with in the local lfs with the exception of one I just found. The 2 that he had in his tanks didn't look too bad actually...except for the fact that I have noooooooo idea if they are actually what he had written on his tank...one was supposedly a wild Heckel...the other I can't remember the name of...think it was a blue something...price listed on tank for the "Heckel" which was maybe 3 " was 75 bux...the blue(whatever it was) was like 59 bux and was maybe 2.5 to 2.75" long...I admit I'm a newbie but I have done a ton of homework on them and will never stop learning all I can...thats another reason I haunt this forum as much as I do...I may not post alot like on fish halth and this that and the other things but I DO read virtually every post and thread on here...some days I have to admit I do hit discus sensory overload and maybe have a hard time retaining all that I've read...but if that happens I go back and reread threads over and over..anyway...guess I've rambled on long enuff...thanks Greg!

Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

Here's my 3 tanks as thay sit till I start stocking...
    It's a start anyway!
    Jarrod

15 gal
    Last edited by Jarrod; 03-25-2006 at 03:56 PM.

another one 55

Post Re: 3 new tanks setup!

29 as you an see still empty for now...the tank divider in the 55 I built myself..it's just a piece of clear rigid tubing like they use on ug filters with the type of stuff they use for cradt work and a couple of suction cups that came off of an old heater bracket to keep it upright and in place.My new fish are supposed to be here on friday so I'll post pics of them when I get them...that is if you all care to see how it's going anyways...hey it's a start...lol..comments and such are welcome and apprciated..
    Thanks for lookin folks
    Jarrod

Registered Member

youll be adding more tanks for sure.... its a disease!!!! hehee just ask my girlfriend!

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

Jarrod. U get your fish?

Congrats Cant wait to see the new fish in em!
    Amber

Congrats jarrod ............... i bet you cant wait to fill them up with discus.

One question ......... you said you put bio-spyra in them when you filled them.

Since theres no fish in there .......... are you doing a fishless cycling by adding ammonia or flake food?? If not the bacteria will die off if im not mistaken ........... if it hasnt already.

I could be wrong tho. Not sure how long they will last without ammonia in there.

If the filters arent fully cycled when you get the fish .......... be prepaired for lots of water changes for about a month. Been there done that ..... lol.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Jarrod - way to go! I see that the stands are not being utilized fully(there're still space between tanks)....maybe more tanks soon? :-)

I'm also curious as to how you'll start the bio going as Cage asked, b4 the fish arrive?

Have fun regardless!

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by dtownkennel
    youll be adding more tanks for sure.... its a disease!!!! hehee just ask my girlfriend!
    lol Dtown...I got ideas for about another 2-3 tanks at least...I got the room for em I'd say...lol...just not enought electrical outlets...lol..thank god for tap-a-lines and extension cords!
    Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Richardson
    Jarrod. U get your fish?
    Greg they're going to be here on Friday...I went with Macs after all.. After talking to Steve on phone a few times I think it's all gonna be a good thing..

Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by AmberC
    Congrats Cant wait to see the new fish in em!
    Amber
    Thanks Amber...I can't wait to get them here and settled in either..you can bet I'll be takin pics when thay get here...lol
    Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by CAGE-RATTLER
    Congrats jarrod ............... i bet you cant wait to fill them up with discus.

One question ......... you said you put bio-spyra in them when you filled them.

Since theres no fish in there .......... are you doing a fishless cycling by adding ammonia or flake food?? If not the bacteria will die off if im not mistaken ........... if it hasnt already.

I could be wrong tho. Not sure how long they will last without ammonia in there.

If the filters arent fully cycled when you get the fish .......... be prepaired for lots of water changes for about a month. Been there done that ..... lol.
    Thanks Cage..The BioSpira has been in since about 18 hrs after I filled them...I added a few drops of ammonia yesterday and added a bit more today to all 3 tanks...I'm gonna check params aagain tonite and if need be run in in the morning and grab some more bio spira...I've added a bit of flake food to each tank as well the other day..thats one of the things to use Maries vernacular I was trippin on...not knowing or having any idea how long the biospira would last like this I'm still gonna be doin water changes at least once or twice a day just to be on safe side.
    Jarrod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast