ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Proud Father

Default Proud Father

I've been trying to raise and breed fish for what seems most my life. Some times successfully. We'll, trying to keep the hobby going I bought my 12 yr. old daughter a 5 gal. tank for x-mas. I took her to the LFS, carte blanche. She picked up 4 guppies, 2 orange, 2 black. Her enthusiasm dwindled and she had to be reminded to feed them and, when her favorite orange guppies died she became really unhappy.

Till last night. We get home and I tell her to feed her fish and she starts screaming,"I got babies! I got babies! One, two, three..What do I name them all?!" 14 total. Now she is really enthused. Little eyeballs with tails darting about. The little capitalist in her has come out too and, she likes the idea that she can sell the ones she doesn't like to the LFS. I think I'm going to put her tank next to the Discus so they can get the idea because, the lava light ain't working! I'm a proud papa!

Default Re: Proud Father

Congrats to her!!! Now have her show you what she did LOL!
    Frank

Thats great Westie. Guppies are an excellent choice of fish to get kids really into tropical fish. Thats how i got started, and i still have one tank with guppies and platys that i keep saying i will get rid of, but dont. Livebearers are definately alot of fun, and much easier than discus.
    Sincerely, Chris

I love the excitement kids show when something like this happens. Makes it all worthwhile.

Paul.

I'm glad she likes it, its great education.

Better start setting up more tanks, she'll be into discus next
    Tell her congratulations and keep up the good work

Ardan

Smile Re: Proud Father

Quote Originally Posted by Westie
    I've been trying to raise and breed fish for what seems most my life. Some times successfully. We'll, trying to keep the hobby going I bought my 12 yr. old daughter a 5 gal. tank for x-mas. I took her to the LFS, carte blanche. She picked up 4 guppies, 2 orange, 2 black. Her enthusiasm dwindled and she had to be reminded to feed them and, when her favorite orange guppies died she became really unhappy.

Till last night. We get home and I tell her to feed her fish and she starts screaming,"I got babies! I got babies! One, two, three..What do I name them all?!" 14 total. Now she is really enthused. Little eyeballs with tails darting about. The little capitalist in her has come out too and, she likes the idea that she can sell the ones she doesn't like to the LFS. I think I'm going to put her tank next to the Discus so they can get the idea because, the lava light ain't working! I'm a proud papa!
    Westie...thats cool for your daughter!!...lol on the lava lite...hmm have ya tried the lava lite and soft romantic music yet?...lol and maybe a intimate meal of bw's and maybe some brine shrimp for dessert??? lol
    Jarrod
    Discus an ADDICTION but at least a legal one with no KNOWN cure! 2 -55 gal 1 -29 gal 1-25 gal 6 Sunshines,2 Candy Apple Reds,4 Scribbled Reds,4 White Diamonds

Thats way cool westie. Why don't you take a picture of her next to her tank and post it in the photo gallery. She will get a hoot seeing herself on the internet. lol (so will we)

Michelle says thanks and pick the fat fish. thats her secret!

Westie, I know this has nothing to do with your thread but your avatar is classic.

I really need to watch that movie again.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanH
    Westie, I know this has nothing to do with your thread but your avatar is classic.

I really need to watch that movie again.
    Aah! I been spotted. Guess i have to change my avi!
    Natura in Minima Maxima!
    Nature is greatest in the smallest things!