AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $15Million Each! What Would You Do?

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default $15Million Each! What Would You Do?

S000000000........the biggest Lottery Jackpot was collected...I guess there were 8 people involved and they will each get $15Mil, after taxes!

Could you imagine?? What would YOU do with all that money? Experts say you should sit on it for six months and do nothing....

Let it all soak in~

Registered Member

Default Re: $15Million Each! What Would You Do?

thats crazy thought it goes from 22.1 mill before taxes down to 15. thats 6 mil GONE from tax. still plenty enough to get by on.

i dont think id go crazy with it though. finsih school, pay off my debt to my parents, prolley buy them a truck and boat, and just go have casual fun with the rest of it. i would still go find a job and work cause i would be too bored if i had nothing to do to make money.
    75 Gallon, Planted, Wild Discus
    20 Long Planted
    10 Gallon Planted
    The fish tank, tranquility in motion

I'd buy a hatchery over seas and transport it back here LOL!!

-al

Real Name
    Mike

Nice Al....I would just build the biggest and most high tech one here in the states and put everyone out of business, lol. j/k. I would prolly just give all you guys nice discus. I would just have to pipe their water back here though. It seems they dont have as many water problems that we do. I guess its because we add so much chemicals which is not very healthy for fish. I wouldnt work if i had that much money, i would just sit around and look at my huge collection of discus and watch my workers do all the water changes or at least monitor the automatic systems.

Hmmm...I'd prolly buy a house closer to the 7-11 so I wouldn't have so far to walk to work...

I'd pay off my parents' and grandparents' bills and then build myself a nice house and get a nice car. Nothing extravagant. I'll be taking a few years off to work on my fish hobby full-time though I'm sure I can have a nice automated hatchery attached to the new house.

Then maybe we can all get together and go on an Amazon collecting trip next season

Ryan

I would buy a house. I am so sick of someone else telling me what I can and cant have. I want my own damn house. The rest would go into college funds for the girls and a retirement fund.. I'm sure my husband would sneak some out for his car too lol
    Amber

Can we say Di$cu$?

Registered Member

Himmmmm I guess i would pay off a lot of my familys bills...give some to each kid so it would be easier for them down the road....tell the bride she only has 5 more yrs to work,not 10..yea,like that would happen LOL...set up trust funds for the grandkids ..and with the left over just sit back and travel when and where we want ..Oh maybe a few more old cars.
    I have enough tanks and fish,but there might be room for one more LOL

Mench

They interviewed one of the winners and played on the radio over her. They asked him will he be going back to work. I loved his answer....

No, been retired 3 days!

Lucky so and so.

Paul.

OOOHHHHH the dreams!!!!

First pay off all my bills. Then I would build a nice log home in the country with a BIG fish room filled with discus. Give my mom, brother and sisters and my wife's family a bunch of money. Make a big donation to simplydiscus.com. Buy myself a brand new fully loaded PU truck and a top of the line Bass boat and a whole bunch of other toys. Invest a bunch of the $$ and live off the interest. Maybe build myself a hot rod or restore a classic car like a 57 Chevy.

Now thats just with 15 mil. The Mega Millions jackpot is up to 203 Mil. Not sure how much you would get after taxes, but it would be a $hit load. With 100+ mil. I would do the same as above plus start some type of company and hire homeless people (especially homeless families with children) to get them back on their feet. Buy an apartment building to give them a place to live for free until they are up and running. I've thought (dreamed) about winning the lottery and doing all this for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time. I got 5 tickets today for tomorrow nights drawing. Wish me luck.

Doug

Hmm... how about 2000g built in tank filled with the most extravagant dicus out there! I'll need a wetsuit with that to swim and feed them in the tank as well . Ahh Marie, posts like these make me dream too much haha.

Jon

Well, 2 guys and myself at work bought tickets.....I dreamed of many discus and many fish tanks, no working, on SImply whenever I wanted....LOL
    new fishing boat...big, so I didn't have to worry about the waves....
    and then they drew the numbers. Didn't even win back a buck
    Oh well, I'd go with Ryan on that trip to the Amazon if he wins

Ardan

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Having spent the last 3 months in Gulfport Mississippi and Mexico. I have no idea. There's need all over! Where do you begin (besides making sure your folks and you and your wife never have to work a day in your life)?
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

hmmmm, 15 million. First, i would donate alot of it to family, church and other worthy charities. No, seriously, i would. Then i would have a custom house built overlooking the ocean over here on the west coast, with a huge fish room. And best of all, i would hire a full time employee to do all my water changes.....I would probably start up a salmon fishing charter business, as that has always been my dream job.
    Sincerely, Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast