ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tankess water heater

Registered Member

Default Re: Tankess water heater

is the uv light really help discus

Tina, the deadline is december 31 2006 .

roberto.

It is January 2008 and the tax credit is still on. I am drooling again over a tankless water heater. I have been three times to home depot looking at themin the last two weeks . It should cost me $1000 for the unit (paloma) , $200.00 for the instalation kit used when installed in a outside wall to vent right to the outside and maybe $300.00 for me to installed the extended water pipe and then have a plumber finish the installation.
    I am due now to replace my water heater, it has been there for nine years.
    If Home depot will only offer me 10% off and 12 months interest free with a hd card it would make it very appealing . 10% , $300.00 tax credit and 12 months savings using the new unit over the old gas heater. that would be pretty good.

roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    It is January 2008 and the tax credit is still on. I am drooling again over a tankless water heater. I have been three times to home depot looking at themin the last two weeks . It should cost me $1000 for the unit (paloma) , $200.00 for the instalation kit used when installed in a outside wall to vent right to the outside and maybe $300.00 for me to installed the extended water pipe and then have a plumber finish the installation.
    I am due now to replace my water heater, it has been there for nine years.
    If Home depot will only offer me 10% off and 12 months interest free with a hd card it would make it very appealing . 10% , $300.00 tax credit and 12 months savings using the new unit over the old gas heater. that would be pretty good.

roberto.
    I'm with you Roberto! HD just had that 12 mo. offer that expired on the 21st...but I'm sure they will do it again...& if you ask they may do it right now...tell'm Lowes will, lol.....just got my new Dyson animal vac on that offer at Lowes which is much closer to me than HD, lol....I'm planning on that tankless WH later too.....installed, lol....

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Real Name
    Mike

I did mine a few years back myself. Piece of cake. Get a model that can operate more than one water source at one time though. Thats the one thing I wish I would have done...went with a bigger one. Works great. Constant supply of hot water. I vented it to the furnace vent, ran a water line off where the old water heater line was and ran a new flex gas line.

Well, I found out today the energy tax credit expired on december 31 2007. It went from january 1 2006 to december 31 2007. Website for energy tax credits = Gamanet.org
    They do not want to consider my water heater as an apliance so No 10 % discount .
    I found out the large Bosh tankless 6 +plus gpm takes a 3/4 gas input pipe , the smaller tanks take a 1/2 inch pipe. Like discus josh mentioned. The regular water heaters and the furnace takes 1/2 inch.
    I found out too that the gas company might run that 3/4 line up to my garage from the main pipe free of charge.
    Still dreaming of endless hot water !!

roberto.

I'm an HVAC tech. and I struggle with the explanation that pilot type heaters of any kind are better than electronic ignition.
    In my opinion:
    The only thing better with pilot systems is replacement parts are cheaper & a homeowner can diagnose & replace a defective thermocouple vs. electronic ignion-not homeowner friendly.
    The other side of the coin is that keeping a pilot burning 24/7/365 will use considerable ga$ & that's why the goverment is pushing for no standing pilot heaters.
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123